Sign in to follow this  
Anarki

So what did you do in Atlas today?

I got off work this morning and as soon as I hopped on I found out a 100+ person strong chinese zerg had loaded into our server.  Server pop: 177.  The rubberbanding was insanely bad.  This is at about 6:30am MST btw so even though we have a fairly decent sized guild all our allies are vassels and small groups on the island.  We only had about 10 people total for the entire island defense.  

They managed to massively destroy one ally members fleet sitting off shore. They stayed out of mortar range.  We manned a heavily armed brig with a few staying behind on land as they dropped about 25 people on shore capping flags.  Then the server decided it was time to rehome some people since it was over subscribed.  Instead of picking any number of the 100+ invaders, it picked all our guys on our only boat in the water.  Thanks grapeshot! Makes total sense to teleport the besieged underdog, especially their entire ship, versus the massive zerg that is flooding the server. ...

After about 3 hours we held em off,  no long term claims were taken.  Our base suffered almost no damage and we lost no ships.  Our ally took heavy damage but nothing that can't be easily replaced.

The lag was insanely bad and the second they called off the attack, even before they left the server, the lag got mysteriously twice as good...so strange.

Big thanks to allies on nearby islands and servers who came in to help out.

• Like 2

NA Official Pve- Lawless

A little back ground first. Currently we have a small stone base on lawless island. We are a 4 person company that includes my wife and 2 brothers. Our main play times are Saturdays and Sundays, but my wife and I get on for atleast an hour a day during the week for gathering and what not.

Long term plans are hopefully establish a small trade hub. Right now we have a rest area of sorts, with about 20 public water resivoirs and a public mess table we leave food and milk in for anyone that passes through

Our current ships include 2 sloops, a combat fit schooner, a brig that is about 90% complete (needs cannons), and a trade/exploration focused schooner that is about 95% complete.

This weekend we have plans to go exploring, focusing on heading to the desert to load up on salt and other goods to trade and make alloy with our local metal, colbalt. So 2 days ago we decided to start working on a trade focused schooner, because our combat fit was a bit on the heavy side for exploring and farming things to trade.

So today my wife and I managed to scrounge together enough wood, thatch, and metal to finish the decks, planks and sails which took longer then expected but we got it done. We didnt have to gather any fiber because we stock piled about 30k with a bear we got in trade last weekend. All thats left is outfitting it, which we should have finished in plenty of time for our trip Saturday.

And that is about all we got accomplished today, lol. 

Edited by jabnlab
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Realist said:

Oh god did you start the one in the ark forum? SMH 

Indeed I did, what is the issue with such a thread?

Its interesting and I enjoy reading peoples trials and tribulations. If you don't like it, don't read or post within it.

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 2

After I extended my land a bit,  courtesy of the 50% reduction in "no build" radius, after my neighbours had blocked me in with Floors, I watched a pretty big base further down the beach run out of its timer and  it was demolished and looted by some players.  Impressive to see a shipyard with schooner  unreleased in it just implode!  They didn't build on the site and neither did I so there's a nice spot waiting for someone to find.  🙂

Guy turns up just outside my front door on a raft with nothing, made the mistake of aggroing a couple of beasties.  Helped him kill them and gave him some starter gear.  I would have told him about the available land but he had logged out by then.  Might see him today.

• Like 1

took my schooner out for a joy ride lagged off and two lvl 20 sods spawn and sunk it. then riding a tamed bear it bugged out underground and is gone.. all in all great day

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Chunder the KegSmasher said:

For the first time today I saw a wolf jump a 2 storey wall.

I now need to build an extra level to protect my central courtyard.
Perhaps this was your issue?

I had wondered as I do have 2 storey walls...  But I have never seen anything jump over anything unless they have been butted by something else (seen an elephant butt a wolf pretty far but not over a 2 storey wall (unless off a cliff, which our base isn't near it's just flat coastal.  I think they're just spawning, and our base has a spawn point.  Seen all kinds of animals in here now... chickens, pigs, an elephant, wolves, crocks and snakes...  interestingly they all appear around the same area.  So we have boxed it in.  Unusable part of the base, but everything seems contained, and nothing has been found wandering around the complex now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

With resources respawning, I finished building #5

ujyLMEn.jpg

vthXTqO.jpg

This looks incredibly cool. We only bothered to slap a stone box with few scout windows on higher level. Don't have talent to making nice buildings, only know how to make symetrical stuff lol. Also did not bother with anything nice bcs... wolves, everything needs to be practical in this tower defense.

52 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

I had wondered as I do have 2 storey walls...  But I have never seen anything jump over anything unless they have been butted by something else (seen an elephant butt a wolf pretty far but not over a 2 storey wall (unless off a cliff, which our base isn't near it's just flat coastal.  I think they're just spawning, and our base has a spawn point.  Seen all kinds of animals in here now... chickens, pigs, an elephant, wolves, crocks and snakes...  interestingly they all appear around the same area.  So we have boxed it in.  Unusable part of the base, but everything seems contained, and nothing has been found wandering around the complex now.

So an area CAN be walled off and have no animals spawn inside?, would love to know how to find those spots... however, think have 1 spot inside hom so propably would have to scrap half the house and somehow wall that or... dunno how to stop spawning. (2 times horses spawned and today once wolf which killed us when asleep and lost all gear... mmm fun)

• Like 2

With much of our taming out of the way(Elephants/Bears/Tigers) last nights company goals were to get the Galleon finished, we did not succeed in this as there are many pieces still needed to fill out each room.  There are basic items placed to allow it to be a functioning mobile base but we still have much to do.  We made a few trips down to the nearest freeport to gather the needed cannon crew, while several of us gathered supplies and maps to help fund this crew.  Tonight's adventure will be treasure hunting and finishing off the Galleon.  Just a friendly reminder, if you head to M4 in NA PVE please don't spawn your treasure maps inside someones base, most of us in the region will gladly buy it from you just to keep our tames from getting killed.

• Like 1

NA Official PVE-Lawless

Pretty uneventful day today. The resource spawns are working again so we finished our trade schooner. Came in a little heavier then I wanted, but it will be fine. I plan on leveling it in weight anyways. If we end up too heavy ill just kick my 2 brothers overboard 😄 We decided on 1 large cannon in the rear, it will probably never get used because it can dance circles around sotd, but it looks cool, lol. We also have a swivel gun on each side to help clear the shore before landing in new, unexplored lands.

We set sail tomorrow evening, our desto is the desert which is about 4 or 5 squares from us and will be our longest trip to date by far. It should be fun and hopefully we make it home in one piece with a cargohold full of salt and other goods.

• Like 2

Setting up my little farm to grow some bits to tame elephants and Rhinos, discovering that you can change the type of soil depending what floor you put it on, almost died when i didn't have the right soil for the seed.

Also treasurer hunting, the amount of treasure maps i see people running past it shocking. I've made 4k + off a few maps and some amazing wep/armor BPs, i know later once they start balancing and come shop come in i'll be set.

We indeed left our larger company over the weekend and on fairly good terms too. It just wasnt working out as we all wanted to do different things. So off we went in search of new land and to try our luck on our own. 2 ships, ladened with good set off for pastures new.

it was fun, thats part of the game isnt it... to have fun. We came across a few islands and one in particular was raised up and had a perfect harbour so I went exploring, jumped off a huge cliff into the harbour and swam around before some player said 'you shouldnt be here mate, its not safe and Ive been ordered to kill you. He duly did. 

Their lighthouse was demolished... oh well, should really keep an eye on decay timers 🙂

Company mates continued to a new lawless region and have setup a base with some neighbours who arent too bothered by our arrival (yet I guess).

Overall, a fun experience and hopefully many more days like that to come 🙂

• Like 1

Wanted to treasure hunt on a neighbour grid, too bad, this game doesn't allow fun with 10+ SoDs blocking the entire way south and to add to the injury, storm happened while going back home to disconnect so had to dodge even more things.

• Sad 2

Gained one Workday, lost three workdays. As always.

Got our animals leveld at Freeport, as first we came home a lion spawned in our main base (building).

As we got our 4 wolfs and 1 Bear to our Mainbase, a alpha wolf killed everything in 30 seconds, on way down to gather my corpse i met an alpha lion.

But atleast i gathered Tulnip seeds, which could be used to tame rhinos if there wasnt an alpha invasion.

So a day as usual, you could say.

• Sad 1

Logged in to see if anyone'd bothered sink my sloop and to check I was still alive and protecting my claims, checked patch notes:

"Fixed exploits"

Checked forums to see if that exploit includes sinking boats in PvE... it did not. Logged back out and goes back to playing something else til they actually fix it... if they never do than those claims will simply be claimed and largely unused til the end of days <.<

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

NA PVE

Had a pretty busy weekend. My wife and I started off Saturday making the final touches to our schooner so it was 100% ready for our trip Saturday evening. Then we decided to hunt floatsams to get a little bit extra gold for the crew we planned on hiring later.

While looking we started talking to a guy in global and he mentioned he had some treasure maps in our square that he didnt have time to run. We said we would take them, and on the way to his base he said he had some seeds for us, and an elephant too. So we pull up in our sloop, chat for a bit, add him to our trade alliance, and he gives us the seeds, maps and elephant, which we were going to pay for with salt later. A sloop looks really funny with an elephant on it, lol. 

So we get the elephant back and leave it on one of our schooners because we didnt have a pen for it. Finished up our play time by doing a metal run.

So Saturday evening comes and its almost time for the big trip. We start by loading our schooner up with food and water then head to the freeport to hire a couple of npcs to run the sails and start our journey. Our desto was F12 (home is B10) and we wanted to come home with as much sea salt as we could carry.

Ill save you all the boring details, but after 3 hours, several cyclones, dodging dozens of demon ships, almost freezing to death and a few pit stops for repairs we made it to F12. 

Started talking with the locals and they were a friendly bunch. They told us what island had the most salt and also mentioned that gems were on another island, which we wanted as well. We find the island and after an hour of gathering and fighting off the local wildlife (so many snakes and wolves), we had 10k salt and just enough room for 500 or so gems.

The trip home was pretty boreing, and slow because we were at almost 7k weight now. Maybe had 2 cyclones and very few demon ships. We get home and our friend that gave us the elephant was in our backyard taming a rhino, so we give him some salt, off load the rest of our goods and go to bed.

Sunday was pretty uneventful, ran a few treasure maps, built a pen for our elephant and got a wheat crop going. Then this morning we built all of the below deck cannons for the brig. Our main plans during the week are to finish the brig, and we aren't sure what our weekend plans are yet

• Like 1

Got more about the SoD wall, managed to convince self to go full arround that wall thro 2 diferent grids by going west then south and east. Did it but the red SoD lvl 35 (never seen such before) was there so pulled back to home grid on north from there to dodge it and go back in in different spot...however the game started to be weird for last half hour, huge rubberbanding even with just 15 ppl on server, ping risen to 60-70 and then when was dodging that red SoD an going thro the grid it became abnormal and then game crashed. Then there was that timeout bs which didn't allow to join the game and had to find on steam forum a possible workarround already beliving that lost a sloop or even an entire character... but the workarround worked and we loged in, with us being on our home  grid and 2 green SoDs like 2-3 sloop lenghts away from us, made a big "NOPE" and turned right away thankfuly unnoticed (have no idea HOW they didn't destroy that sloop all this time when couldn't log in), with a bunch of stuters and rubberbanding managed to circle around that SoD wall again and go back home... Not traveling ever outside our grid untill they make the game more stable and get rid of like 90% of SoDs.

Tried to finish deck on a gally to look like a cruiser ship but slammed the building limit and now i cant build anywhere on ship unless i demolish 2 days of work

So last night was a bit more eventful.  I am personally on an expedition to find a small plot of land in the tundra that we can use for farming oil nodes and things like that(No I'm not talking about claiming a huge ass island I'm talking about renting some land from someone for a small 3x3 or a 5x5 as an outpost).  I've sailed from M4 up to M3 and across the map all the way to D2, most of this was done over 1-2 nights.  Last night was getting to E3 and camping at an island, so far no one is talkative up there and seems to be a lot of massive bases so not really any areas for claiming or building either, might have to find a lawless.  After a bit of sailing the company leader called most of us back(fast travel via bed) so that we could go out and hunt some SotD while we restocked a taming outpost we have setup for bears.  This meant us and some allies heading up north from M4 to M3(lawless) to bring supplies like sap, saddles, fur gear, organic paste, and fiber.  We ended up returning with 2 bears, a horse, and a new crow.  We did end up losing a parrot to a wolf though so that left us a bit upset by the trip.  

Been a bit so I'll just put the last few days in one post.  Managed to get the FOY for quite a few active people in the company I'm with along with our allies, useful buff but the rest of the system seriously needs to be revamped.  Having no alternatives and a pretty detrimental debuff for not participating in a laggy zerg rush isn't really great.  But we managed to get our Galleon stuck between servers luckily our neighboring ally was nearby at the time and more than willing to help by ramming our ship(PVE so no damage to either, thank you all so much for doing this though.)  Managed to setup small taming outposts in some sparsely populated areas in tundra and equatorial regions, splitting my time between them helping gather for the people who are living there.  This one has been done over several days with quite a few people involved, so far we've managed 1 really nice tame a lvl 29 bear(highest I've tamed) and so far we've had little trouble killing alphas with our tames while riding, unfortunately I encounted a male alpha lion(so far haven't been picked by a female) This one ripped me off the mount and before I could get back to help the bear she was dead.  Not sure there is a mount in the game they won't pick you off of but this was unfortunatley within a few minutes of taming her and doing some minor harvesting.  We decided a little revenge was in order so we caught him at a small cliffs edge baiting him and burned him alive using an oil jar.  Needless to say we are upset that trophies aren't in the game yet, I'd have loved to mount his head and put in on the wall of the tundra outpost.  We replaced that tame with a lower level bear(as we need one for the fiber it can gather).  The alpha just reinforced a very important lesson and that is to explore and kill an area before going out to harvest in it with tames so we will have to be a bit more thorough next time.  I'm not entirely sure what is on the agenda for tonight, but I have a feeling it will involve treasure hunting or whaling soon as we haven't been farming gold as much as we should have.

Last night I started putting together the parts for a schooner. Tonight, I will finish it. It's for my friend, the company cook and gunsmith. Not sure what to name it. Guns of Garlic?

• Like 1

I have finally brought home a significant haul in my beloved For Salt And Glory.  There are no less than two ships with the same moniker and thousands of units of salt at the bottom of the sea to prove the challenges of my endeavor.

But the quest For Salt And Glory has opened up a new aspect of game play for me:  Salvage And Recovery.   I sailed by a shallow water wreck the other day and said "why not, lets see whats there".  And low and behold it was loaded with riches and loot mine to plunder (and lots of salt!).  My path has changed.

I spent the better part of last evening modifying The Falcon to be a specialized salvage and recovery vessel.  The Falcon will be renamed "Recovered Glory" and will set about the seas looking to reclaim the hopes and dreams of others and turn them into glory for myself....

Stay tuned.

After a search of 3 zones for Sugar (or equivalent), in the 4th zone I finally found a tree that gave Wood, Thatch and Gum.  Gum is another form of Sugar, and I loaded up with 1,000 Gum and, having discovered Olive Trees in the process of looking for Sugar,  800 Olives.  No idea how to turn it into oil yet though.  I was finally able to make Preserving Bags and will start making Gunpowder as well.

I also tamed 2 lvl 16 female Boars and a lvl 29 male Boar, so I have some beasts of burden to carry stuff for me.  Expanded my base as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Coggage said:

After a search of 3 zones for Sugar (or equivalent), in the 4th zone I finally found a tree that gave Wood, Thatch and Gum.  Gum is another form of Sugar, and I loaded up with 1,000 Gum and, having discovered Olive Trees in the process of looking for Sugar,  800 Olives.  No idea how to turn it into oil yet though.  I was finally able to make Preserving Bags and will start making Gunpowder as well.

I also tamed 2 lvl 16 female Boars and a lvl 29 male Boar, so I have some beasts of burden to carry stuff for me.  Expanded my base as well.

B7, LOADED with sugar.