Sign in to follow this  
Anarki

So what did you do in Atlas today?

I love these threads and as an adventure game I'd love to read and hear about your daily grinds and rewards.

I for one, logged in today to find half my company members missing from the house. I went outside and couldnt see our Schooner or Sloop anymore. I play on PvP official but I have made the assumption that my company mates havent gone exploring but were killed off last night and we havent a bed to spawn on this island. I guess that will be down to me to get a raft and create a bed so they can return.

If I get round to doing that I think Im going to respec and see what the other skill trees have to offer as I have tried taming and general building and weapons... maybe shipwright or whatever is similar.

Built a stone base for the first time. Still working on it but the basic structure is there already. It's nothing fancy but it houses our storage and crafting stations. It's up against a tall spire with a flat top, and our dream goal is to build up to that top, and put some sort of base up there as well. The grind to this point has been a little brutal and has crossed servers both official and unofficial, with more than one or two start overs, but this feels like it might finally be going somewhere. Here's to the possibilities.

• Like 1

Built a multi-level stone base, 7 high, 20x16 ground, only stone cells with several beds each level on a high rock, not reachable by cannons.

Claimed land, owners woke up, placed mortars, my base was gone after exactly 23 minutes mortar fire.

• Sad 1

I looked out at my barren island. Killed some stuff, hacked it with my hatchet, killed some more stuff... got bored cause there is nothing else to gather and logged off.

• Like 2

I'll have to post this from a last night perspective.  Logged on to the company brigantines heading down to a tropical area where elephants spawned in.  Found some welcoming locals who pointed us in the right direction and even had a open taming trap.  We lured in 3 nice level elephants (15+) one at a time to this trap, knocked em down and tamed em.  Moved them to the boat one at a time as well so we didn't have any issues with the local wildlife.  We encountered an issue with one of the elephants getting stuck and had to rearrange our boats in order to move the one to the proper location, where we found a future workaround(empty side of the boat only or your gonna have a bad day).  Once we got the 3 elephants tamed we decided to start heading back as the only remaining population were below level 10, and for the benefit of others we killed those off along with most of the islands wildlife so higher level ones would have a chance at spawning in.  On our way back a few team members had to log off which left us with 1 captain for each boat and 1-2 others hanging around but we had someone pop on the discord who wanted to join us.   Luckily we were going to pass through a freeport on our way home so we picked him up while we were there and checked out the new npc trading system.  We didn't encounter much in the way of trouble and already had plenty of npc crew to handle the sails and the cannons on our battle brig, however we did run into a massive storm once we reached our home block and this caused us to lose some control on our ships as we got closer to shore and nearly crashed into the reef by the bay.  We parked our brigs in the bay docks and offloaded the animals after we made sure none of our islands wildlife would be a problem, only to realize we couldn't get them in our base walls because we never built a behemoth gate, so we installed an elevator system to haul them over the walls.  Obviously this is not a normal day for us but it was a good and fun day thanks to the farming patch that allowed us to gather plenty of wheat for these tames.   Tonight's adventure is going to be rather dull, gathering materials to launch our first Galleon.

• Like 5

Found an alpha wolf in my base, and a couple of giant snakes.    I checked the entire perimeter wall for holes and gaps, and could find none.  Even checked for burrowing, none.  Checked the main (locked gate) for signs of tampering.. nada.  So..  just throwing sand about atm, trying to find the invisible wizard that must have summoned them.  When I find him, his skin will go towards a new sail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wanted to go wood and stone farming with my new elephant and rhino I tamed the other day, but was not in the mood to tame another one when the inevitable alpha wolf or lion falls from the sky, so i logged off early and went to sleep.

Crafted a bunch of machines and containers and other parts for schooner, gathered 1 boulder, rest spent on wolf culling simulator thro walls.

• Haha 1

Just admin this morning, most of my Co. is at work, and I have chores.

Dug our cow out of the foundations (again), milked it, replaced the foundations, collected the eggs from the chicken coop, refilled the oil lanterns, checked the ships for weather damage and made the minor repairs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Razorwire said:

Dug our cow out of the foundations (again)

Does punching the cow not make it jump back up? Thats what we did in ARK with tames stuck in foundations - later we used a whip when it became available.

• Like 1

Let me see...

Yesterday, finished gathering the wood I need for the Schooner project I am planning.  Next is the thatch and fiber.  

Added another floor to my dock house, and did some maintenance on the ships in the harbor.  Killed a half dozen wolves... and 1 alpha wolf.   Continued to stockpile food stores for any ship operations that may be planned for this weekend.    Really a pretty productive day considering.

Plans for tonight....

Take a break from my gathering of some materials and go out in my sloop and get some other regions resources for some blueprints.   

• Like 1

I gathered stone for my fuck off alpha wolves wall and lost my two lions and the bear i was using to an alpha

yes maybe i should have stayed on the lion to use the abilities but there was an oshit moment and supposedly the wolf and his rider took care off many alphas in the past this is way to fast for slow brains like mine to react tho, but that is my day in atlas.... if i could live on my boat alone maybe that would be viable...

Watched my ship get sunk by V587.  With no resources on the island - cant do anything else

• Sad 1

I stepped down as leader from a 150 man PvP company so I could make a new character on PvE as a merchant. Brought a handful of my close friends with me and we built our base and started a schooner. Really fun to role play it out as something like “grizzled pirate veteran leaves a life of crime to try and start an honest living.” One day I want to try and write all this stuff out as a story and this feels like a sequel to the first part where all I did was fight other pirates and try to defeat the Zerg.

• Like 4

Finished wall around top of my base, tamed a sheep and a pig and placed them in new pen, also build a forge and painted my company flag 🙂

Last night, I stocked my schooner for a expedition I didn't get to go on. Cannons were prepared,water skins ready, it was time to go but life is more important.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anarki said:

Does punching the cow not make it jump back up? Thats what we did in ARK with tames stuck in foundations - later we used a whip when it became available.

I'll try it next time it buries itself.

Never had the problem in Ark, as the Dino pens were on covered open ground. The only ones I kept on floors were ridable, so I rode them out when glitched.

11 hours ago, Anarki said:

I love these threads and as an adventure game I'd love to read and hear about your daily grinds and rewards.

I for one, logged in today to find half my company members missing from the house. I went outside and couldnt see our Schooner or Sloop anymore. I play on PvP official but I have made the assumption that my company mates havent gone exploring but were killed off last night and we havent a bed to spawn on this island. I guess that will be down to me to get a raft and create a bed so they can return.

If I get round to doing that I think Im going to respec and see what the other skill trees have to offer as I have tried taming and general building and weapons... maybe shipwright or whatever is similar.

Oh god did you start the one in the ark forum? SMH 

10 hours ago, Vorxius said:

Found an alpha wolf in my base, and a couple of giant snakes.    I checked the entire perimeter wall for holes and gaps, and could find none.  Even checked for burrowing, none.  Checked the main (locked gate) for signs of tampering.. nada.  So..  just throwing sand about atm, trying to find the invisible wizard that must have summoned them.  When I find him, his skin will go towards a new sail.

For the first time today I saw a wolf jump a 2 storey wall.

I now need to build an extra level to protect my central courtyard.
Perhaps this was your issue?

It has been an excellent night, truly excellent.  They fixed the resource spawns in Lawless after the best part of 3 days of nothing spawning AND they reduced the "no build radius" of Floors, Pillars etc., by 50% to cut back on people hogging a shit-ton of land.  One in particular on the island is a truly horrendous land-hog, and has a HUGE area blocked off with building spam, about 300 yards by 300 yards, roughly, if not more.  He's not near me, thank god.

Also, when I built my first little shack on Lawless I demolished one that said it was eligible - no harm, no foul - and only built a 4x3 to get myself established and build a Tiny Dock.  I would have made it a bit bigger - the place I demolished was pretty big - but it was late and I couldn't gather the resources, what with work the next morning.  Two of my neighbours obviously didn't want me daring to move in, even though they both had huge buildings and a quite big shipyard each - one actually had two shipyards.  So, they both built as close to me as they could with Floors, and that 4x3 was all I was able to build on!!  I had to build upwards.

So, when they unexpectedly announced the 50% reduction tonight I thought "payback is a bitch" and put Floors as close to THEM as I could and have now got myself a reasonable piece of land as they slept.  😄  I have sufficient for my modest needs even have room for a Shipyard that I can build a Schooner in, with a bit of luck.  They aren't going to be very happy in the morning, even though both of them have build areas 3 or 4 times the size of mine.  Why they need that much space is beyond me because most of it is empty.  😄