Sign in to follow this  
TrevorJD

45 degree structures!

The new modal construction system should make 45 degree foundations and ceilings as easy as the 60 degree ones. Adding these to the game would give the base-builders so much more creative freedom!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

The problem there is that a 45 degree wall would have to be nearly half again as long as a normal wall. Meaning they'd need to make new meshes and textures, or have stretched textures for these walls.

45 degree structures would be great. The triangle stuff is great to have for semi-rounded and odd shapes but; gets awkward fast when trying to do angled corners, and takes up twice the resources to cover the same amount of space (something that should be addressed as well, I think.. half walls cost the same to build as a normal wall, as does railing.)

• Like 1

While the triangles are nice, it would be better to have the 45 degree angle. It is such a pain to make a turn and pillars won't snap to the triangles.

I loved these and rounded element in CFK in ARK.  The Rounded ones were nice too.   I see the issues with walls and ceiling, as the right/left issue, but doors changes shape depending what they are snapped to.   Right/left already handled slopped walls.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:50 AM, Swyfty said:

While the triangles are nice, it would be better to have the 45 degree angle. It is such a pain to make a turn and pillars won't snap to the triangles.

Ya, typically that is what at first you would expect. There were lots of videos for ARK explaining why the current equilateral triangle shape with the 60 degrees and how to work with them.

I'll give one reason not 45 degree. A 45 degree triangle does not have sides of equal lengths. So some sides would not be the right length to snap a wall to. What would you want a side with no wall for?

On 1/24/2019 at 2:08 AM, Gryphorim said:

The problem there is that a 45 degree wall would have to be nearly half again as long as a normal wall. Meaning they'd need to make new meshes and textures, or have stretched textures for these walls. 

i don*t see it as a huge problem to just make a new mesh for 45 degree angled walls and it fits with the generell idea that wall,

floor and ceiling costs are equal no matter what shape

On 2/15/2019 at 11:08 PM, wildbill said:

Ya, typically that is what at first you would expect. There were lots of videos for ARK explaining why the current equilateral triangle shape with the 60 degrees and how to work with them.

I'll give one reason not 45 degree. A 45 degree triangle does not have sides of equal lengths. So some sides would not be the right length to snap a wall to. What would you want a side with no wall for?

walls can be streached as well for 45 degree angles since its already contextual for the ships its no real difference