chryss

update

Hallo 

After last update i had an encounter with a lvl 4 ghost ship 

in a mater of seconds (like 10-15 ) sunked my ship Lvl 38 

since is Your fault i find reasonabel that you do a roll back to the day 523 just before that update 

I dont think im the onloy one that lost hes ship due to this update thank you

• Confused 1

it’s your fault u were in charge of your ship 

i have taken my sloop schooner all over map even yesterday went afk ran into side of one still got away , learn to play the game learn to use ai crew if u have no friends to play with 

Like others said, it’s your fault your ship is gone and I don’t think the devs will roll anything back for this. 

I lost my lvl 8 raft with 40 fibers on it AND a fireplace! Can we do a rollback please?!!!! 🤔

Stop bashing op everyone and being an alpha male, female, whatever. There was a bug that caused SoDs to go into rapid fire mode, they were not reloading, they kept bombarding untill out of range with like 5-10 cannons per second. Ships don't sink in few seconds and they described just that, few seconds so we can just imagine that was the rapid fire bug.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Countyorga said:

Did they ever fix the rapid fire bug?

There in patch notes is said they fixed that but since this post is 1+ hour old, we assume it did not work or those SoDs that spawned during the bug kept their godly powers and they met one of them.

Here's a video showing how it looks like on steam forum: https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/1742231069941928519/

Edited by Nightstrasza

12 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Stop bashing op everyone and being an alpha male, female, whatever. There was a bug that caused SoDs to go into rapid fire mode, they were not reloading, they kept bombarding untill out of range with like 5-10 cannons per second. Ships don't sink in few seconds and they described just that, few seconds so we can just imagine that was the rapid fire bug.

and yet i still get away .. medium handling and medium speed sail on schooner 

medium speed on sloop 

it’s not about being alpha male femal other it’s simple learning the gameplay mechanics nothing more noting less

ran into the side of yellow ghost ship stil got away took massive damage but my trusty repair hammer didn’t let me down 

again in if i are going to run off from ghost ships u do need to repair as they bombard you and yes rapid fire u do take massive damage 2 planks were at less than 500 at one point 

4 minutes ago, uli said:

medium speed on sloop 

it’s not about being alpha male femal other it’s simple learning the gameplay mechanics nothing more noting less

ran into the side of yellow ghost ship stil got away took massive damage but my trusty repair hammer didn’t let me down 

again in if i are going to run off from ghost ships u do need to repair as they bombard you and yes rapid fire u do take massive damage 2 planks were at less than 500 at one point 

Yes, defend the bug insteed of acknowledging it and showing devs evidence of it existing. There is no point in further discussion, if that was the rapid fire bug that killed their ship, that's devs fault not their, that's like defending cheaters saying to swarm them with entire company while they reload or something.

Edited by Nightstrasza

Just now, Nightstrasza said:

Yes, defend the bug insteed of acknowledging it and showing devs evidence of it existing. There is no point in further discussion, if that was the rapid fire bug that killed their ship, that's devs fault not their, that's like defending cheaters saying to swarm them with entire company while they reload or something.

yes it’s a big but u have to get damn close for the Sotd to start firing so i say again he was in control of the ship .. he got too close . and then destroyed by the sotd either with rapid fire bug or normal fire and he couldn’t get away 

he hasn’t said if he was sailing solo , with friend or ai crew if solo u are going to lose a lot of manoeuvring speed as u have to turn then go to each sail 1 is bad enough 2 is a pain , 

there are are a lot more factors than just i lost a ship to a rapid fire bug ....

14 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Sucks that he lost his high level ship, but having such a high level ship I would make damn sure to rather do a massive arc around the ship then risking getting to close. Basic game mechanics he failed at.

Edited by Loni

2 hours ago, chryss said:

since is Your fault i find reasonabel that you do a roll back to the day 523 just before that update

Sadly, I don't give a crap about your boat and have no desire for any servers rolling back and therefore wasting MY time just to get your boat back for you.  Life is tough.  Move on.

Well maybe the reason for releasing a game in early access is, to find these nasty bugs and eleminate them, before the game will be released. If you loose your stuff due to a bug and you can not deal with it, stop playing and come back for release. After release, you can try to get your stuff back if you wish. During early access, submit a bug report and move on.

59 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

There in patch notes is said they fixed that but since this post is 1+ hour old, we assume it did not work or those SoDs that spawned during the bug kept their godly powers and they met one of them.

Here's a video showing how it looks like on steam forum: https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/1742231069941928519/

Dude, their bug fixes never work 😂

I expect to see SoTD in the next 5 patch notes. This will be a repetitive thing

1 hour ago, uli said:

medium speed on sloop 

LOL watch the video linked dude, I can't tell if you're trolling or just that bad. This isn't about 'simple learning the gameplay mechanics' it's about a very obvious bug that entirely circumvents the normal gameplay mechanics. If you ran into the side of a "ghost ship" (you meant SotD, there is a difference, not that people with limited experience understand that) with the rapid fire bug you'd be dead, end of story. Get a clue before you post anything else, this is painful to watch.

1 hour ago, uli said:

yes it’s a big but u have to get damn close for the Sotd to start firing so i say again he was in control of the ship .. he got too close . and then destroyed by the sotd either with rapid fire bug or normal fire and he couldn’t get away 

he hasn’t said if he was sailing solo , with friend or ai crew if solo u are going to lose a lot of manoeuvring speed as u have to turn then go to each sail 1 is bad enough 2 is a pain , 

there are are a lot more factors than just i lost a ship to a rapid fire bug ....

Do you even play? His ship was level 38, you don't generally get that high without knowing what you're doing, and that kind of leveling almost always means you've been killing SotD. Watch the linked video, the rapid fire bug is gamebreaking and imo people who lost ships to it are justified in being pissed. I doubt Grapeshot will do anything about it, but let's not pretend that makes this bug somehow the fault of the players falling victim to it.

Blows my mind seeing people talk about 'knowing gameplay mechanics' when they clearly don't have a clue themselves. A brig or galleon (or even a schooner) can easily take on non-red SotD without taking meaningful damage under normal circumstances, the bugged rapid fire isn't 2x or 3x damage it's way, way, way higher and impossible to survive. I don't even need to personally sail out and see one, the video is enough - because I actually DO know the gameplay mechanics lol

Edited by Dricht

3 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

Holy hell that's nuts. Yeah, that is definitely a major major issue. Fully automatic cannons, there's no getting away from that, you wouldn't have time. OP, ignore the internet tough guy trolls, I've been out and about enough to know you can find yourself in spitting distance of a SoD through no fault of your own, and if they had rapid-fire cannons like this, I would have been hosed too.

I also know that you're probably SoL. It sucks, I've lost ships loaded with hours worth of resources and items. It's early access, and for this game, it means you're gonna lose a lot. You can hold your breath waiting for the devs to restore everything but it'll do you no good. Customer Support is basically non-existent right now. 

I was in control of my ship yes destroyed a bunch of lvl 3 ships 

Of course i got near that ship in order to fire upon 

But yes it is what it is 

Some ppl know only to open theyr mouts and talk stupid things 

Lets see what happens when u work on a ship as long as me  waste ur time then comes a patch with such a bug  and there  it  goes ur galeon  

Edited by chryss

51 minutes ago, chryss said:

I wars in control of my shop yes destroyed a punct of pci 4 shop negre 

Ani unde tat with the patch caned out this bug 

Of course i got ne-ar tat shop in order to fire upon 

But yes it is what it is 

Some pol know only to open theyr nouță and talk stupid things 

Les are what happens when u work on a shop as long as me teen you time to pci tat ship and get sunked by a bug 

Are you drunk? No idea what you are saying. 

Edited by Percieval

Yea, well our Galleon was anchored off an island - like 50 yards from land and next to a shipyard. We logged out and went to bed. Came back today and the galleon, 60 crew members, and everything was destroyed. This happened right after the patch. The crew log doesn't tell you what destroyed it, just that it was destroyed. SInce it's a PVE server, it could only be a couple of things.....a bug in the patch, or 4 straight hours of tornados in the water. Considering we have sailed through them a dozen times with no issues, i doubt tornados on the shore did it.

Yes, it is frustrating to spend all that time building - there is only 2 of us, so you can imagine how much work went into a Galleon with 50 some odd guns and ammo....but, what can you do? The devs don't give a crap and it's not like they are going to give me my shit back....so, just start building again. Gives us something to do.