Sign in to follow this  
prom3theu5

(WIP) Server Updater

Yarrrrgh!

I made a start on a server updater for atlas this evening (.net core 2.2).

Can't finish it atm as we are waiting on the anonymous AppId.

From Tomorrow I am away for a few days for Xmas with some family, so I might not be around to finish this till next weekend.

If Anyone else wants to: https://github.com/prom3theu5/AtlasServerUpdater

Source code is there, to give you a little headstart.

Supports:

• Posting to Twitch channel when an Update is detected and server is about to restart / update. (messages.json are templates)
  • Posting to a selected Discord Channel with message templates when the server is about to restart / update. (messages.json are templates)
  • Automatic installation of SteamCMD.
  • Automatic Installation of the Server if not Found
  • Automatic Server updates based on your settings in updatesettings.json
  • A Server Process Monitor to ensure server is running - if not, restarts it within 30 seconds.

We need RCON support to be able to post in game when an Update is detected.

Hopefully it's of use to someone.

When They posted that we'd have the server files soon yesterday, I figured I'd be able to complete it by now lol. Oh Well.

Merry Christmas!

Edited by prom3theu5
  • Like 1

Interesting work, thank you for sharing. 🙂

I assume this is Windows only (judging by the source code)?

You're welcome 🙂

Atm yeah - it downloads the windows version of steamcmd, and runs that for updates

it's .net core though, so with runtime 2.2 installed on linux it should run, or alpine-2.2 if using a container (apart from steamcmd of course ^^)

Simple enough to add in some directives to handle separate implementations for different architecture.

Also System.IO.Path should process paths on linux fine.

On 12/23/2018 at 4:37 PM, prom3theu5 said:

Yarrrrgh!

I made a start on a server updater for atlas this evening (.net core 2.2).

Can't finish it atm as we are waiting on the anonymous AppId.

There is an App_ID actually that was working up to 6.2: https://steamdb.info/app/1006030/

22 hours ago, Starbuck said:

There is an App_ID actually that was working up to 6.2: https://steamdb.info/app/1006030/

Hey - Thanks a lot.

That's the one I actually used to make the updater.

I'm back tomorrow, so will be able to finish it if no-one else has released anything better yet.

You will have to use the map editor to setup your grid first though - that's unfortunately outside of the scope of this project.

What I will do though - is setup a basic 1x1 grid that gets autodeployed with the "Install Server If Missing" feature, that will fire that up.

I'll also change the startup command to take in a bat file instead which will allow you to roll all your shards into one "cluster" batch file that will start everything back up after this has performed an update.

One thing though - You say it worked up to 6.2 - does it no longer work?

Cheers - and Merry Xmas

51 minutes ago, prom3theu5 said:

Hey - Thanks a lot.

That's the one I actually used to make the updater.

I'm back tomorrow, so will be able to finish it if no-one else has released anything better yet.

You will have to use the map editor to setup your grid first though - that's unfortunately outside of the scope of this project.

What I will do though - is setup a basic 1x1 grid that gets autodeployed with the "Install Server If Missing" feature, that will fire that up.

I'll also change the startup command to take in a bat file instead which will allow you to roll all your shards into one "cluster" batch file that will start everything back up after this has performed an update.

One thing though - You say it worked up to 6.2 - does it no longer work?

Cheers - and Merry Xmas

No problem, this game is awesome so far and it will just become better if everyone share the informations with others.

By the way it worked to 7.0 too, but they did not sent the updates on 6.5 and 6.7.

Have happy hollidays too, wish you the best for the new years comming!

Brilliant piece of work this, any chance we could have a packaged version on the git. 

I can get it to run as a solution, but it just seems to build as a dll so not sure how i would run this on the server itself?

Many thanks for the work you are doing.