kolpo

Melee weapon damage needs a buff

Melee fighters take more damage and deal less damage than ranged fighters. While ranged weapons cost ammo do melee fighters spend more resources on armor repairs. Melee weapon damage needs a buff to balance it with ranged.

• Like 1

your absolutly right :classic_cool:

and i think we need a better under water weapon like a little harpune, 

so my points are only for pve ( pvp dont know how good they are)

I can confirm that in PVP melee weapons are the same trash as in PVE.

Taking all  these melee, guns & armor skills is pointless,  you just need a bow with fire arrows to kill all players and ships.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

Yeah melee is not the best at the moment.. hopefully we will see some balance updates with them and maybe some more melee weapons as well. 

The biggest problem in PvP is not the damage of melee, but the fact that it makes your character stop in animation to perform a melee attack. That will NEVER be viable if all the ranged can just outrun you even while they are reloading.

It is impossible to catch someone with a melee attack if they are kiting you. This needs to be changed, we need to be able to swing while moving or melee will never be viable.

Edited by Lolifister
  • Like 3

Fully hiiting the point, the swinging animation really kills melee PVP, bunny hopping naked flamearrow bowmen rule everything.

3 hours ago, Talono said:

Fully hiiting the point, the swinging animation really kills melee PVP, bunny hopping naked flamearrow bowmen rule everything.

Hah good one. 

After a while everyone will just give up and become naked bowmen...

As mentioned earlier, being able to move while swinging a melee weapon is the major change that needs to happen in order for melee to be viable. A damage buff would also be welcome (it also sucks), but being able to actually hit your target is the most important thing at the moment.

Just now, Ransurias said:

As mentioned earlier, being able to move while swinging a melee weapon is the major change that needs to happen in order for melee to be viable. A damage buff would also be welcome (it also sucks), but being able to actually hit your target is the most important thing at the moment.

Indeed but being able to move at all with the shield and the one handed weapon would be nice at all. Also using the one handed weapon feat while the shield is also equiped be nice...

I can move and swing.. I just move at my normal rate instead of sprinting.  Which sucks... but I can swing and run.  I can stab and run...