Sign in to follow this  
UnknownDjinn

Autofiring Ships of the Damn after last patch....

Decided we'd kill a SotD because it was in our way and would take longer to go around.
Sailed up opened fire. Missed half of our volley. After 10 seconds this SotD had shot over 500 cannonballs and destroyed every plank on the starboard side.

Moments later our brig was sunk. A SotD took reload over drive and then increased it's power 100 times over. 

Can I get some assistance here? - Thank you

Mods have read and addressed this - Currently working on a fix.

Edited by UnknownDjinn

I was on the boat at the time and am adding some details.

I'm reporting what I assume is a bug involving a rapid fire ship of the damned. There is no way that what this ship did was intended. Our Brig had 23 medium cannons on the starboard side, and has had no problems deleting ships of the damned up to max level.

Just after the latest restart to EU PVE after it crashed, we took it out and engaged a lvl 9 ship of the damned. It didn't die in a single volley, but got down to like 5% hp. While reloading, the ship of the damned never stopped firing from each individual cannon. It did enough damage to strip all but two planks and gunports off the starboard side of our Brig in the ~6 seconds it took for us to reload our cannons and finish him off. 

TLDR - lvl 9 SOTD ripped almost all the planks off our brig and sunk it in under 6 seconds by firing hundreds of shots at us. 

I would like confirmation that this is indeed a bug, and not intended.

The brig was named Flappy Bird 3 on EU PVE, and it was sunk in square M3 if that helps any official investigate. Ship ID -719311586

Edited by Mysticunicycle

THEY SPAMING CANNON BALL MAYBE 1000 PER MINUTE??? ROLLBACK!

Edited by Dram

We just tangled with a lvl 9 Ship of the Damn after you guys just patched... Our schooner was sunk in about 15 seconds.. it was wave after wave without end.  No reload time just volley after volley of the ghost ship.

• Sad 2

We lost a ship to a low lvl SOTD that shot cannons like somoene tossing candy at a parade. fix this please.

Ships of the Damned Now have like a Gatling gun. And they dont have a reloading time on their attacks.. a back shot from a ship of the damnied literally shot about 30 attacks back to  back almost like a chain gun.. Is this working as intended?

When your solution to fixing cheaters making cannons autofire is to just make all cannons autofire.

Good going devs! Top update! Brilliant logic!

Wow lost a lvl 45 brig to a lvl 2 SOD.  What the heck man I spent like 60 hrs on that ship!

10 minutes ago, Djid3nt said:

Wow lost a lvl 45 brig to a lvl 2 SOD.  What the heck man I spent like 60 hrs on that ship!

Max level of brig is 41. Ours was max level. Just fyi.