Sign in to follow this  
Animorf

No respec?

57 minutes ago, Littlelucifer said:

did they stop this it was suppose to be 1 per lvel can someone clarify this was a mistake with patch or intended

Where does it say it was suppose to? 

I believe they want to make this a generation thing. When you move over to your kid, you can respec. 

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Where does it say it was suppose to? 

I believe they want to make this a generation thing. When you move over to your kid, you can respec. 

if that's true, this game actually got worst instantly just for that.

22 minutes ago, Nerva666 said:

if that's true, this game actually got worst instantly just for that.

Because it’s made harder? I don’t mind it, I don’t want this game too easy. If they want us to think about the choices we make throughout the game, I wouldn’t mind that. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Because it’s made harder? I don’t mind it, I don’t want this game too easy. If they want us to think about the choices we make throughout the game, I wouldn’t mind that. 

more liek unexpected without recourse to fix. i mean the start it did not matter it felt like we could learn almost every talent since we had unlocked so many trees. but when they changed it to much less talent points, i liked it, then they upped it some. but it made you have to be more personalized. but we had the expectation we could respec and try out various trees. even if later on in the levels it meant one every couple levels i would be fine with that, or a potion to mind wipe. but if there is no respec till major updates. ya i would be disappointed, and already disappointed we did not get informed of this change. ninja nerfs and such are the worst thing from a developer. we don't mind changes, but we want transparency, and sometimes a heads up. in some of the similar games, they would sneak in map changes, sometimes entire bases nearly gone or ruined due to them. eventually they actually gave heads up pointing out the areas of change incoming. ninja changes many times just show the disconnect from developers and the player base that only extends and grows over time if they do not listen.

18 hours ago, Animorf said:

You cant Respec any more? I just hit 44, and i cant respec?

As with the recent update we lost few levels, I've heard that you will get the respec once you level up past your level that you were before the update.

27 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I dont care if they make the game harder but would like to be told if they are going to do this, some of us respec each level to help tribemates

29 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Making the game incredibly tedious doesn't make the game more difficult. There's nothing difficult about fucking up on your points and having no recourse to fix it, it actually has absolutely nothing to do with the difficulty of the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Making the game incredibly tedious doesn't make the game more difficult. There's nothing difficult about fucking up on your points and having no recourse to fix it, it actually has absolutely nothing to do with the difficulty of the game. 

Absolutely nothing? I don’t think so but if you want to think that, that’s fine. 

For me having to think about a path or skill I want to take instead of just spamming everything and just respec every time is a bit too easy for me. As far as ‘accidentally’ click on something, they can always implement an agree or cancel option in it. 

And they have already stated it won’t be a generation thing, which is a shame but hopefully we can choose it in private servers. 

Edited by Percieval

I found the solution, after the last Patch we logged in with 2/3 levels less than before. If you was level 47 for example you are now level 44. 

If you need a respec you must hit level 48, there is no way to respec when you do the levels that you have already done.

Good luck! 😃

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Absolutely nothing? I don’t think so but if you want to think that, that’s fine. 

For me having to think about a path or skill I want to take instead of just spamming everything and just respec every time is a bit too easy for me. As far as ‘accidentally’ click on something, they can always implement an agree or cancel option in it. 

And they have already stated it won’t be a generation thing, which is a shame but hopefully we can choose it in private servers. 

It isn't really about what someone thinks or not, it's just about the reality of the situation. There's a very real reason why games with "No Respecs HARDCORE LUL" always end up going back on that stance. It's because the entire concept is garbage and does absolutely nothing. It's entirely fine if you want to equate mind numbing tedium with difficulty, it's understandable that activities that challenge the attention span adds difficulty to games for some people, but for most, it adds nothing, and detracts noticably. 

Either way it's utterly unreasonable to take respecs away from people in an EA game where the skill tree/system is so radically imbalanced and broken, undergoing major systemic changes on a weekly basis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

It isn't really about what someone thinks or not, it's just about the reality of the situation. There's a very real reason why games with "No Respecs HARDCORE LUL" always end up going back on that stance. It's because the entire concept is garbage and does absolutely nothing. It's entirely fine if you want to equate mind numbing tedium with difficulty, it's understandable that activities that challenge the attention span adds difficulty to games for some people, but for most, it adds nothing, and detracts noticably. 

Either way it's utterly unreasonable to take respecs away from people in an EA game where the skill tree/system is so radically imbalanced and broken, undergoing major systemic changes on a weekly basis. 

Lol, read my first post. I’m totally fine with having a respec every level because of testing. And I think someday, maybe after launch they will make it a generation thing, which I would like. But that is in about 2 years when I believe the skills are pretty balanced. 

13 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Lol, read my first post. I’m totally fine with having a respec every level because of testing. And I think someday, maybe after launch they will make it a generation thing, which I would like. But that is in about 2 years when I believe the skills are pretty balanced. 

I did read your post, and I specifically addressed it. Ark originally was meant to have no respecs, however due to overwhelming community demand, they reached a 50/50 compromise. Once per level. Outside of that, games like Path of Exile also demonstrate that no-respecs are a bad concept. 

Simply put, you're unlikely to find what you are looking for in any game due to how niche your desire for extreme mind-numbing tedium=difficulty is. Any game attempting to cater to any meaningful majority will have respecs, particularly in a game like this, where your skills are so incredibly necessary and it is a balancing point for smaller groups and/or solo players. 

Edited by Ellentro

Just now, Ellentro said:

I did read your first post, and I addressed it. Ark originally was meant to have no respecs, however due to overwhelming community demand, they reached a 50/50 compromise. Once per level. Outside of that, games like Path of Exile also demonstrate that no-respecs are a bad concept. 

Simply put, you're unlikely to find what you are looking for in any game due to how niche your desire for tedium=difficulty is. Any game attempting to cater to any meaningful majority will have respecs, particularly in a game like this, where your skills are so incredibly necessary and it is a balancing point for smaller groups and/or solo players. 

Sure, but those games didn’t state in their launch that this would be a big part of the game. Which Atlas did more, that’s why I think they won’t leave it like this. 

13 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Sure, but those games didn’t state in their launch that this would be a big part of the game. Which Atlas did more, that’s why I think they won’t leave it like this. 

Actually it was pretty much in the launch description for Path of Exile when they entered Early Access, and it took them several months to add respec options to quests and add Orbs of Regret.

No respecs are/is simply an antiquity in gaming, from the times when people thought extreme mind-numbing boredom and tedium was equivalent to difficulty. It's been relegated to the ash heap, as it should be. It's entirely your prerogative if you still equate tedium to difficulty, but most people have moved past it, thus have most games. 

11 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Actually it was pretty much in the launch description for Path of Exile when they entered Early Access, and it took them several months to add respec options to quests and add Orbs of Regret.

No respecs are/is simply an antiquity in gaming, from the times when people thought extreme mind-numbing boredom and tedium was equivalent to difficulty. It's been relegated to the ash heap, as it should be. It's entirely your prerogative if you still equate tedium to difficulty, but most people have moved past it, thus have most games. 

Doesn’t change anything I just said. If they won’t implement anything like the generation/ascension/whatever they have thought about the levels after 100, I hope they will add it to the private servers so we can choose ourselves. It will be a shame for me and my personal crew, but other than that, we can probably live with it. Just don’t press the button 😄 

When 10.0 hit you lost levels but gained skill points,  as soon as you get back to your old level or exceed it you can respec once per level again

• Like 1