Sign in to follow this  
Kpbonner55

NERF WOLVES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

1 minute ago, DangerZone said:

Well, I see that my suggestions will not work in your case. What server, cords, and how big is your company? There is some space left in NA PvE i9 if you're able/willing to move. We only get a max of 3+ wolf spawns on the beach.

I9 has copper from rocks, glass in an adjacent island, salt, sulfur, elephants, lions, Rhinos, cows, the ground is desert rock.

Unfortunely, being EU player. The grid is E14 (tho tbh, noticed that all tundra islands get crazy, only partial freedom was on lawless but heard they increased spawn rates there after patch 10 so propably not fun anymore). As for company size, being solo (however living with mutliple solo and small companies arround on entire island), bf despite having better computer, no matter what settings was locked into 20 fps and massive stutter during combat and friend did not buy the game, guess propably bcs of all those negative reviews and our stories about wolves 3-4 hitting 2 weeks ago.

We're on PvE K3 and the wolves and vultures are awful. I had 7 wolves and multiple vultures kill my bear on the beach. He managed to kill 4 of the wolves and most of the vultures before he went down. RIP Cuddles. I managed to swim far enough into the ocean that the last 3 de-aggro'd on me. I was lucky to make it home on my broken bones. The cold man and the damage made it super fun.

I've got about 60 hours in the game in the Tundra. My fur armor doesn't help much to protect and the toss back from the attack is ridiculous. I just spam jump (if i'm not encumbered from gathering, which is another thing that is not cool in this game - encumbering me before I'm at the max carry.) and hope it bounces me so far i get back home and behind stone walls before they kill me.

We had to full enclose our taming pen because the vultures swarm and murder the animals when we are taming them. We had 2 alpha vultures circling our base all night last night.

We have 4 people playing and when all of us are there it's easier but we spend a lot of time dealing with over-spawning of wolves/vultures than playing a fun game together. 

It's one thing to have to deal with wild animals when adventuring around, but we had about 20 wolves in the slaughter pen (old taming pen) the other night because that's how many that chased us and we ran through there to escape.

i've added a pic of our slaughter pen sometime in the midst of our night.

all the wolves.jpg

Edited by Virkatjol
added photo

Yeah wolves are seriously OP and aggro way too far out. Atlas is nothing more than a dying simulator. Wolves are way too fast. Cant outrun em, cant see em till its too late. Between the 4 million gators on each isle to the 16 million wolves in the desert (which dont actually have wolves IRL), and the 55billion snakes per foot, this is not a survival game but a practice dying game. I say this as a avid Ark player.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

There we go, I knew you were a jackass.

Now, you tell me how to go farm resources to get a pike so I can 'git gud' when I get killed by aggros because I don't have a pike.

I said you had an option to relocate, can you not read?

If your gonna call someone else a dumb ass dont cry on the response you get. You literally dont know how to listen.

All the people that say wolves aren't a problem live on the happy islands with abundant resources and a variety of animals. I like snow. IRL and in game. It's pretty and I like the cold. I don't like the literally hundreds of wolves that spawn non stop. Additionally these are the type two wolves. The ones on cocaine that attack three times per second and aggro from the edge of draw distance. I invite all these "git gud" fools to visit the snow biomes. You can't gather in less than a group of four because the wolf spawn will overrun you. 

• Like 2

At this moment, I have 3 alpha vultures trying to eat their way into my house.  They've already destroyed all my tames.

What part of this is supposed to be fun?

gxSUzmd.png

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

If they didn't completely ruin the bola mechanics from ark in this game it would be bareable but without real bolas to protect ourselves against fast animals its completely impossible to kill wolves sometimes even when in full plate armor.

Sheehs tonight it's been hideous....

logged in one time to see 4-5 vultures attack my roof...  no sooner i get through them, then it's a wolf...  then two more fly inside and start damaging everything. 

It's a lawless grid, so it's not like I can spawn inside,  and sure as heck cant melee the darn wolf down..  and if the raft/ship is too close the damn things attack it.   

Edited by DeadMeat
  • Like 1

Why are we even arguing on this post - its just not fun to be overrun by NPCs. 

Its fun when there are things you can do to actually get better, like use different items/weapons/better armour/better stats - you know like... Progression.

But that is not what we have in Ark. I stack 200 HP and time my shots. It was bad but dealable when we could head shot consistently for kills now you cant even do that. We were gathering turnips yesterday and surrounded by packs of lvl 20+ wolves. Level 19 wolves can take TWO Pistol headshots and a Pike swipe. We spent a lot of time killing them and corpse running trying to get our weapons equipped on a 15second timer EACH before another pack would roll over and bite us. 

My guess is the people that arent complaining are lying. have all the organic paste they can use and spamming fire arrows or just live on easy mode islands like temperate islands with Boars, bears and snakes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lashtastic said:

My guess is the people that arent complaining are lying. have all the organic paste they can use and spamming fire arrows or just live on easy mode islands like temperate islands with Boars, bears and snakes. 

You can guess all you want but you'd be wrong, and not all temperate islands are easy peasy.  If we get over run by lions and wolves then die and they start camping your corpse  you run and agro them naked and train them FAR AWAY with the expectation to die again, then get your corpse after you die that time.  You only need to train them to the nearest prey item but if there are none around like some islands then you only need to train them far enough away that when you respawn again running to your body won't be close enough to re-agro them.

16 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

You can guess all you want but you'd be wrong, and not all temperate islands are easy peasy.  If we get over run by lions and wolves then die and they start camping your corpse  you run and agro them naked and train them FAR AWAY with the expectation to die again, then get your corpse after you die that time.  You only need to train them to the nearest prey item but if there are none around like some islands then you only need to train them far enough away that when you respawn again running to your body won't be close enough to re-agro them.

I think you may have missed my point

1 hour ago, Lashtastic said:

I think you may have missed my point

The point that anyone who isn't complaining is a liar... right. 

On 1/10/2019 at 5:09 AM, mndfreeze said:

The devs stated before the game even launched that the game was designed intentionally to be a group game and that playing it solo isn't really advised and would be a rough time.  They want it to be like Eve with massive scale.  It's possible when the game is a lot further a long, regions are more stable along with the mega guilds that control them that things will become easier for solo or small guilds.  So many changes have already been made to appease the solo players.  

A lot of people don't like to play in large guilds, because they don't want somebody else dictating to them how to play the game.  You take orders all day long at work.  When you go home at night, you want to enjoy yourself in a game, doing what YOU want to do.  So the last thing you want to hear is, "Hey man, you need to spec into repair.  You are spec'd into shooting cannons, and we already have people to do that."   Yeah...see...I don't give a fuck what you want me to do.  I play the game for MY enjoyment, not yours.  So I'm not going to spec for mundane crap while you spec for combat.  Ain't happening.  And this is why most people don't want to slave for a Mega, and would rather have their own small Company of a dozen people, all of whom are likely friends they have gamed with before.

You can have a niche game, but to do so, it is going to cost you more money.  You have to have a way to pay those devs, if they are not going to make a game with mass appeal.  Simple as that.

43 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

The point that anyone who isn't complaining is a liar... right. 

I can see why tho that full stop was supposed to be a comma as in one of the three options. I was just fresh off a night out when typing it though 🙂

1 minute ago, Lashtastic said:

I can see why tho that full stop was supposed to be a comma as in one of the three options. I was just fresh off a night out when typing it though 🙂

Even with the missing commas you would still be wrong. I run around our lion and wolf infested island all day harvesting with just tools, hide armor, bow and a sword or pistol and 2h mace.  I rarely die to wildlife other than alphas, lag or a dumb mistake I made.  Most of the time just being careful and looking out for stuff and killing it from a distance is good enough.  Even when you do die its pretty easy to get your corpse back by just running near, agroing and running far away a few times until their wander zone is far enough from your original corpse.

Wolves need to be tuned down a little, but not a ton, and they are not nearly as bad as the hyperbole makes it appear from forum posts.  

Regardless of 'how easy they are to kill' or whatever else, the fact is wolves, lions & tigers are frustrating, unfair, and anti-fun. The majority of my time farming or doing anything else is spent killing dozens of wolves, and god forbid more than one shows up at a time.

It doesn't actually matter how easy someones experience is, it doesn't matter how easily you kill them with a bow from a cliff on an island without 100s of predator spawns. They spawn too quickly, they move too fast, their damage is way too high (even vs metal armor, you're still dying in 5-6 hits, which with 2 wolves you're pretty much dead or sub 30 hp and dying to un-hittable vultures).

On 1/11/2019 at 12:15 AM, mndfreeze said:

If we get over run by lions and wolves then die and they start camping your corpse  you run and agro them naked and train them FAR AWAY with the expectation to die again, then get your corpse after you die that time. 

How is this considered acceptable design? Where even the wolf shills who deal with a max of 2 at a time give the solution of "just die again but really far away this time". It's not some masterful skill to kill wolves, it's not that players 'just suck and cant kill them'. It's literally that it's not fun to play with. Killing wolves constantly, being knocked around, dying to random spawns overwhelming you just outside your base, is not fun design.

Just because dealing with them is possible does not mean they're immune to criticism or well designed.

Inb4 "it's early access." Early access means giving feedback, saying something is un-fun or bullshit is feedback.

• Like 3