Sign in to follow this  
Kpbonner55

NERF WOLVES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

I understand its a survival game, but the wolves are ridiculous. i get two shot by a level one wolf that hits three times per bite. change that please. or at least make wildlife only pissed off and aggro when they're hungry or something. prioritize wildlife over players. literally anything. i wanna farm and play the game,so i can sail boats and pvp. not play death simulator 2019 or constantly have to worry about wolves running across the map to eat my butthole. and then y'all also nerf weapon against pvp with this patch...forreal devs? you trolling? you even take time to play your own game? i get you want people to roll in packs and play together, but you gotta make that an option, not shove it down peoples throats as a necessity to gather already scarce resources.

seriously though, so much potential, just please work on fixing the dumb sh!t please. 🙂

Edited by Kpbonner55
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Yea landed in I7 last night and well I cant leave i all ran into was packs of wolves and gators nothing else was there and oh yea vultures

3 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Probly should not try punching them out.

ill get one bullet or two arrows off, and then die, its wonderful lmao:classic_laugh:

Edited by Kpbonner55

Just now, Kpbonner55 said:

lol. ill get one bullet or two arrows off, and then die, its wonderful lmao:classic_laugh:

Ya arrows you want to be on a rock or cliff or something...:skull:

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Ya arrows you want to be on a rock or cliff or something...:skull:

i mean, there aren't always rocks and cliffs that they cant get on themselves. Even made pits strictly for trapping wolves in, but then they fill up and still, more wolves.

Edited by Kpbonner55

i mean, there aren't always rocks and cliffs that they cant spawn on themselves. Even made pits strictly for trapping wolves in, but then they fill up and still, more wolves.

Then level up in something and start killing. Or move.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Then level up in something and start killing. Or move.

oh wow, you're that cool guy on the internet. You'd rather deflect someones opinion and tell me to   "get gud" and not address a design flaw for a game that is in fact a work in progress . We've all paid the toll essentially to be their QA/beta testing teams they can profit from. I'd hope we at least have some say. you're  just being  dumb, so stahp.

• Like 5

oh wow, you're that cool guy on the internet. You'd rather deflect someones opinion and tell me to   "get gud" and not address a design flaw for a game that is in fact a work in progress . We've all paid the toll essentially to be their QA/beta testing teams they can profit from. I'd hope we at least have some say. you're  just being  dumb, so stahp.

No I could have said that, instead I just gave you two reasonable choices. I am sure one of of the two will work quite well.

You need to learn that you cant just go wherever you want, unless you level up or something.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There have been numerous posts on these forums bitching, ranting, begging, pleading and threatening regarding aggros.  Have they listened to the players yet?  No, and there's a reason. They know what's best for this game. You don't. So, just suck it up and autohotkey the respawn button... mkay?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

No I could have said that, instead I just gave you two reasonable choices. I am sure one of of the two will work quite well.

You need to learn that you cant just go wherever you want, unless you level up or something.

Level up?  Ok, so I'm lvl 45 now and get slaughtered by a lvl 1.  Exactly what good are more levels going to do?  Give me... maybe guns? So I can shoot those wolves? And then go out trying to farm and get my ass eaten because I've wasted half my resources killing wolves instead of building ships?

Good plan dumb ass.

I think you need to clearly define that 'or something.'

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 2

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

Level up?  Ok, so I'm lvl 45 now and get slaughtered by a lvl 1.  Exactly what good are more levels going to do?  Give me... maybe guns? So I can shoot those wolves? And then go out and get my ass eaten because I've wasted half my resources killing wolves instead of building ships? 

Good plan dumb ass.

I think you need to clearly define that 'or something.'

OK fine get a pike and git gud.

Dumb ass.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

OK fine get a pike and git gud.

Dumb ass.

There we go, I knew you were a jackass.

Now, you tell me how to go farm resources to get a pike so I can 'git gud' when I get killed by aggros because I don't have a pike.

• Like 1

they just need to nerf wolf spawn rates, i love my wolves i tamed and it's the only way i can deal with the current wolf army. now alpha wolves.... =/ sigh

4 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

There we go, I knew you were a jackass.

Now, you tell me how to go farm resources to get a pike so I can 'git gud' when I get killed by aggros because I don't have a pike.

he's a turd dude, but the best turd that ever sailed the seas of atlas apparently. Half his other posts are about how he's better than someone else complaining about a broken game mechanic that's an echo of old ark issues. they want it so bad to not be ark and are experimenting, sure, but we're all trying to help steer them in the right direction. talking down to people on the internet is just how this guy gets control in his life, its definitely not wanted or needed here.

• Like 1

Anyone saying "just level up and kill them" obviously hasn't seen just how bad wolves are.

They always spawn in groups of at least 2 and have a tendency of spawning right behind players.

Have about 300 Hp at level 1.

Attack 3 times a second for about 25 damage on a naked person.

Have a larger attack range than any melee weapon.

Knock you flying 10-20ft with every hit.

Run faster than a player ever can (and for longer).

Can attack through walls/ships.

Have a massive aggro range and almost never drop aggro.

They also roam around a lot because of how their AI works (they chase and kill any animal in their aggro range, so they move around constantly).

There is no way to fight them fairly. Saying "just get a pike" is stupid. You'll land one hit by the time they land 6-9 hits and by then you'll be dead anyway.

The only way to deal with wolves right now is.

Shoot them from a safe place (up a cliff, building, trap them and so on).

Hope they attack a bear (a bear can kill 1 wolf, but 2 wolves kill a bear) or an alpha so it kills them.

Very unreliable but a blunderbuss can 1 shot kill them if you do it at point blank range and get a decent headshot. Only works vs 1 wolf (and they come in packs).

That  is it. Outside of this, wolves will just kill you. Your best bet is to just avoid them, but if you can see their health bar you're probably already dead.

• Like 4

I noticed that the wolves behaved differently between PvP and PvE. I thought it was an intended difficulty increase for PvE. They attack super rapidly and if you do not shoot them in the face right away they will kill you. On PvP you can side step them pretty easily.

Just now, Hector of Troy said:

I noticed that the wolves behaved differently between PvP and PvE. I thought it was an intended difficulty increase for PvE. They attack super rapidly and if you do not shoot them in the face right away they will kill you. On PvP you can side step them pretty easily.

There are two kinds of wolves it seems.

In the lawless areas surrounding freeports, wolves are pretty easy to kill. Much slower, less aggressive and just attack slower.

In other areas (any that you can claim) they're buffed as fuck. Hit faster, harder and with longer range. It's crazy. I've seen islands with 20+ wolves just flying around at light speed killing every single animal that spawns. Noped the fuck out of there straight away.

I suspect people saying "just kill them" simply haven't seen the second kind of wolf.

• Like 1

I left my house an ran to a hill behind it.  Took about 2 minutes and I was killed by a lion on the hill.  My EQ despawns in 20 minutes.  I was not able to make it back to get that gear and it wasn't from lack of trying.

Earlier today I had 4 wolves in my taming trap and 5 more trying to eat their way through my house.

A schooner wrecked overnight in my lagoon.  I died no less than 30 times trying to salvage it and my house is right on the beach.  Between the wolves and the sharks what should have been a 15 minute job became 2 hours of me screaming, "BULLSHIT" into my monitor.

Is this seriously how they think this game should be played?  Someone please explain to me the fucked up logic of the dev's that has so far produced a 'nay' when asked to nerf aggros.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Is this seriously how they think this game should be played?  Someone please explain to me the fucked up logic of the dev's that has so far produced a 'nay' when asked to nerf aggros.

Devs don't play the game, so they don't know how bad it is and when making changes they have no point of reference to judge whether a change is good or bad.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Garfy said:

Devs don't play the game, so they don't know how bad it is and when making changes they have no point of reference to judge whether a change is good or bad.

So in other words, their only point of reference is to watch bitching, unorganized streamers who run around naked crying, 'I can't win, I can't win.' Then, nerf the piss out of what the streamer was bitching about while ignoring the forums.  Got it.  Thanks for the clarification.

2 hours ago, Garfy said:

Anyone saying "just level up and kill them" obviously hasn't seen just how bad wolves are.

They always spawn in groups of at least 2 and have a tendency of spawning right behind players.

Have about 300 Hp at level 1.

Attack 3 times a second for about 25 damage on a naked person.

Have a larger attack range than any melee weapon.

Knock you flying 10-20ft with every hit.

Run faster than a player ever can (and for longer).

Can attack through walls/ships.

Have a massive aggro range and almost never drop aggro.

They also roam around a lot because of how their AI works (they chase and kill any animal in their aggro range, so they move around constantly).

There is no way to fight them fairly. Saying "just get a pike" is stupid. You'll land one hit by the time they land 6-9 hits and by then you'll be dead anyway.

The only way to deal with wolves right now is.

Shoot them from a safe place (up a cliff, building, trap them and so on).

Hope they attack a bear (a bear can kill 1 wolf, but 2 wolves kill a bear) or an alpha so it kills them.

Very unreliable but a blunderbuss can 1 shot kill them if you do it at point blank range and get a decent headshot. Only works vs 1 wolf (and they come in packs).

That  is it. Outside of this, wolves will just kill you. Your best bet is to just avoid them, but if you can see their health bar you're probably already dead.

This 100000% percent. In claimed lands due to predators not eating each other it is amplified because they pretty much bundle in packs PLUS get the mate bonus for more damage because they are in a pack. 

Wild wolves are completely fucked. They got hp buffed around the time of the 2.5x resource event for new years - the only difference was you could rely on pistol head shots to deal with packs. Now you rely on a head shot and a pike shot to kill one so you cannot really deal with them in packs any more.

PvE is pretty much busted in general. There are so many contributing factors:

- PvP changes impacting day to day survival such as gathering

- Aggro range being incredibly high

- Respawn rate being incredibly high and dense

- Predators do not fight other predators (except yetis)

- Melee damage incredibly weak

- Regular arrows incredibly weak now (they seem to get nerfed more and more mainly because of fire arrows.... see first cause)

- Armour incredibly weak to NPC (again see first cause)

- Alphas being very common and take next to no damage from anything other than fire arrows and fire traps (putting loads of campfires in your taming trap)

PS. If you think wolves are bad - dont forget lions and tigers. Lions roll in the same packs with wolves except they jump and grab u and hold you. They will also nicely rip you off your mount and continue to eat both of you.

All of this wouldnt be so bad if a player had a reasonable amount of tools to at least deal with two of these without being guaranteed death. This could be:

- Reducing wild hp

- Reducing wild armour pen

- Increasing player base hp

- Buffing melee damage and allowing two handers to be used when you are caught (only works for 1 handers)

The wolves and other creatures are just ridiculous. Who has seen a wolf or any creature just eat at a structure over and over?  I know they did this in Ark but those were dinosaurs.  You can run toward a building and run around the corner but the wolf will agro on the building and just sit there biting it over and over. It is just ridiculous and annoying. There is nothing good about the way we are battling the wolves and other creatures in Atlas. I do hope they fix this soon.

Just now, Zadira said:

The wolves and other creatures are just ridiculous. Who has seen a wolf or any creature just eat at a structure over and over?  I know they did this in Ark but those were dinosaurs.  You can run toward a building and run around the corner but the wolf will agro on the building and just sit there biting it over and over. It is just ridiculous and annoying. There is nothing good about the way we are battling the wolves and other creatures in Atlas. I do hope they fix this soon.

Yea, between the damn wolves and vultures  trynig to eat the walls on my place... <smh>

• Like 1