Jozo Texino

Trade Network

I'm wondering if its possible to set up a trade network to make it easier for players to acquire rarer resources. For instance, if I have a structure in a lawless zone with gems, people passing through to look for gems would be able to trade things from their own zones that I can't acquire. Set up one of these on each lawless zone and use one time pin codes to facilitate trade. Has this been tried?

we have just started trading with others and it all comes down to trust at the moment. You can put down an unlocked chest and ha e them fill it up then lock it, unlock the one that has what you want to trade in it.

I would build a room where the person coming for trade cant escape until the trade is completed. It would probably only work for pve. 

Edited by IX HOUSERXI

6 minutes ago, IX HOUSERXI said:

I would build a room where the person coming for trade cant escape until the trade is completed. It would probably only work for pve. 

I also have this, its what I have called the customs house. It is built on a dock that allows unloading directly from a ship into the room, there are three resource chests in there, they put their trade in one then I lock it then I unlock the one with their stuff in it. If all goes smoothly I let them out the admin locked door.

That's a good idea. I'll have to try that out. I'm trying to think of a grief proof system, though I know that doesnt exist...

Something like a trading stand was shown in the trailer so there is hope for something like that. Build a trading stand on designed areas for them and hire a NPC that sells/trades the stuff for you 24/7. You can set up rules for what you trade different items in ratios you want. For example 10 wood for one gem, etc.

An even better solution would be a trade auction like Black Desert has with unified gold coins as main currency with a buyout option. A trading system is a must in a game like this and I really believe, that there is a massive potential for that.

• Like 2

Jat said something about player shops..can't recall the exact quote atm, but it's in his blog post.

I really don't want an auction house.  Traders ought to travel to trade goods and people should be able to buy all the traded stuff at their local shops.  (at least on pve)

30 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Jat said something about player shops..can't recall the exact quote atm, but it's in his blog post.

I really don't want an auction house.  Traders ought to travel to trade goods and people should be able to buy all the traded stuff at their local shops.  (at least on pve)

I think you misunderstood me abit. Auction house would be only with gold coins. All the rest of trades (Item A for Item B) would be done trough the shops. Can you imagine the traffic it would cause if people opened stores all around?

Edited by Loni

15 minutes ago, Loni said:

I think you misunderstood me abit. Auction house would be only with gold coins. All the rest of trades (Item A for Item B) would be done trough the shops. Can you imagine the traffic it would cause if people opened stores all around?

No, I understood.  I'm using the word "trader" to mean someone who sails around gathering resources and/or trading the natives for them, and then bringing them back to his local area for the merchants.   I think there are people who want to travel around making trades and acquiring goods, and people who want to set up a shop on their island.  Those two things work pretty well together.

In a game that's suppsed to have a lot of sea travel it would be a shame if anyone could buy anything from anyone over an auction interface.  Also, If you have an auction house there's not any point in having player shops. 

I think that now is an interesting time because it is still early alpha. I'm kind of an economics geek so I see that I live in a place with a certain resource. People come by looking for it, and if I set up a place with a secure means to exchange the goods then i can access things people in my local area cant conveniently get. To take the idea a step further let's say i live somewhere with wheat and make friends with someone who lives in a zone with salt. If they offer salt to someone who brings it to me then I provide them with wheat. Etc etc. Not a company with hard rules but a network that offers profit kinda thing

6 hours ago, Jozo Texino said:

I think that now is an interesting time because it is still early alpha. I'm kind of an economics geek so I see that I live in a place with a certain resource. People come by looking for it, and if I set up a place with a secure means to exchange the goods then i can access things people in my local area cant conveniently get. To take the idea a step further let's say i live somewhere with wheat and make friends with someone who lives in a zone with salt. If they offer salt to someone who brings it to me then I provide them with wheat. Etc etc. Not a company with hard rules but a network that offers profit kinda thing

There are vendors in the freeports that sell resources for gold and resources.

Vendor in freeport convert one resource to another one for gold & material cost , if you need a different tier of wood for blueprint crafting , bring wood+gold convert it to something else.

e550b18224d15d7ed940733b2d1a190c.png

Like gems into another kind.

Edited by Thulen