Fix this

Alphas STILL killing the game

Lost my lvl 40 bear to an alpha wolf,  really didn't stood a chance. In ark do you have ways to survive even after an alpha aggros you, but I can't think of anything I could have done to save my bear. 

Maybe should they add alpha islands: tons of resources, the best treasures and maybe even boosted rates BUT these have many aggresive alpha creatures. The other islands won't have alphas anymore. 

Edited by kolpo
  • Like 2

Just lost 4 wolfs and 1 Bear to one alpha Wolf.... i think the devs are laughing about us.

You cant tame or use Animals caue 10% of wild animals are alpha.

You cant build ships cause weight glitch since weeks working.

Farming for what when you cant tame animals.

also a lion spawned in our main base (building).

I cant understand what the devs are doing when changing stuff on pve server, rolling dices or something, no logic.

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Oh, I can hunt.  I can't harvest the corpses though because of shit like this.

gxSUzmd.png

God, I hate vultures in this game, I kill them every chance I get. They are complete assholes that find ways to interfere with practically everything we try to do.

Trying to harvest and mind your own business? *Derpy vulture flies in front of your sickle* Whack! Oh, you've done it now! Be prepared to be swarmed by him and his six million vulture buddies that just happened to be in the area! 

Just got injured but survived a fight with 5 million snakes and crocs?! Hah! That's what you think, be prepared to be swarmed by a vulture and his six million vulture buddies! 

Just killed a snake or 6 that happened to get a few lucky hits in so you pass out from venom? Guess what? If your guess is be swarmed by 6 million asshole vultures, you're correct!

Trying to tame an awesome critter you just found? Haha! That's what you think!! It gets swarmed and killed by 6 million asshole vultures! 

Trying to harvest that animal you just killed for resources? Nope, vulture time again! 

Something tells me the devs haven't so much as seen a vulture IRL, let alone have any idea how they behave, because it ain't like this, not even close. They're not hyper-aggressive, they won't try to eat you if you're sleeping or injured but still moving, and they definitely don't form super gangs and take on everyone and everything that looks at them crosseyed. 

But I digress, back to the OP. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think alphas should just plain be removed and revisited after the game is substantially less glitchy and unbalanced. Right now all aggro predator alphas and vulture alphas do are add insult to injury. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

God, I hate vultures in this game, I kill them every chance I get.

I felt the same way until I realize that they were an untapped resource.  It took a LOT of trial and error and a LOT of dying but I studied their behaviour and took advantage of it.

Now, I trade them for resources. I had 8 and have traded off 5 and got one killed.  I could easily tame 20 a day without even dying now.

The problem is, when the alpha vultures show up, they destroy everything if I happen to trap one of them.  The secret there is, log out.  Wait a few minutes, log back in.  It appears if you go to sleep, they lose their aggro.

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I felt the same way until I realize that they were an untapped resource.  It took a LOT of trial and error and a LOT of dying but I studied their behaviour and took advantage of it.

Now, I trade them for resources. I had 8 and have traded off 5 and got one killed.  I could easily tame 20 a day without even dying now.

The problem is, when the alpha vultures show up, they destroy everything if I happen to trap one of them.  The secret there is, log out.  Wait a few minutes, log back in.  It appears if you go to sleep, they lose their aggro.

How on earth do you tame any bird? I built a bird trap and used a grapple to reel them into it, but the trap doesn't work too great the way I built it if I can even get them into it. I tried to tame a couple crows and it turns out the line between having too much health to bola and killing them is very very thin. 

2 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

How on earth do you tame any bird? I built a bird trap and used a grapple to reel them into it, but the trap doesn't work too great the way I built it if I can even get them into it. I tried to tame a couple crows and it turns out the line between having too much health to bola and killing them is very very thin. 

Try high level birds, 20+ should have enough hp to survive a flintlock shoot, experiment which lvl is enough to withstand a bullet with less than 20% hp or an arrow and go taming. Never tamed anything since it takes alot of points and time for nothing but well, hope this helps.

19 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Did this save you tames? I love the animals a lot. But for now giving up until somting is done to balans tamed vs alpha. 

I used to fear alphas until I found out that 3 or 4 fire arrows will kill any alpha I've ever encountered. But I'm sure they will nerf that any day now and then we'll be screwed.

3 minutes ago, miloco said:

Did this save you tames? I love the animals a lot. But for now giving up until somting is done to balans tamed vs alpha. 

I haven't tested that yet. What I have done when vultures attack my tames is to intentionally die. Once I'm dead it seems they stop aggroing on the tames.  One of the things I had to do where I live was build a fully enclosed 'barn' with a roof.  This has so far kept the wild vultures from attacking my tames inside.  I've had to set all of my tames to passive to keep them from trying to join me in fights.  So far, this is working.  For now, Im just taming and keeping them in the barn and levelling them up.  Pointless to take them out and watch them die to alpha lion that knock you off your mount.

I do take out low level horses and have them set to passive flee. The problem there is, if I die and the horse flees, trying to fight him is like looking for a needle in a haystack.  I run around spamming the 'comma' and when I see the green arrow drop I know i'm close to one of my tames.  But with passive flee, he could be on the other side of the island and the 'comma' is limited in range.

26 minutes ago, MagicPuncher said:

I used to fear alphas until I found out that 3 or 4 fire arrows will kill any alpha I've ever encountered. But I'm sure they will nerf that any day now and then we'll be screwed.

Yeah, but if you don't have a readily available method of acquiring/making organic paste, fire arrows aren't a practical solution. And you know what else fire arrows will kill if the alpha doesn't get them first? Your tames and NPC Crew if they get in the way, even yourself if you're not careful or your aim gets interfered with. 

26 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I haven't tested that yet. What I have done when vultures attack my tames is to intentionally die. Once I'm dead it seems they stop aggroing on the tames.  One of the things I had to do where I live was build a fully enclosed 'barn' with a roof.  This has so far kept the wild vultures from attacking my tames inside.  I've had to set all of my tames to passive to keep them from trying to join me in fights.  So far, this is working.  For now, Im just taming and keeping them in the barn and levelling them up.  Pointless to take them out and watch them die to alpha lion that knock you off your mount.

I do take out low level horses and have them set to passive flee. The problem there is, if I die and the horse flees, trying to fight him is like looking for a needle in a haystack.  I run around spamming the 'comma' and when I see the green arrow drop I know i'm close to one of my tames.  But with passive flee, he could be on the other side of the island and the 'comma' is limited in range.

Wel im sure my bear was on passive when a 250 alpha lion insta killed me and than my tame. 

2 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

Never remove passive alphas (except horses, those pricks can go), know what those passive alphas do?, they kill annoying predators and also make some of those animals fight back, for example a cow wllt not fight without having that alpha buff. They are excelent base defense system so untill predators spawn rate is drasticaly reduced would like them to stay (on most islands, that's not like every island spits 3 predators per second from what we noticed but many does)

we have an alpha bull in our slaughter pen. It's great to run wolves in with him. hahahaha

• Haha 1

Btw, Warspectre, please, tell us more those swarm stories. Can't stop laughing at that six million vulture gang. Tis painfull bcs is true but at the same time is so funny to read.

Vultures are terrible. We had to make a completely enclosed taming pen because vultures just killed our tames in process.

For the life of me I am not sure what it takes to get thru to the developers!  

People have asked for alpha's to be removed since day 1, and that's all you could find at the free ports lol....

They don't have any use or point in this game and don't fit in, inside of its world!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MagicPuncher said:

Maby for alpha snake or other slow moving alpha s  but alpha wolfs and lion spawing close or invisible in high grass. You wil not have time fiering 4 arrows. It's not that you can't kill them. You just can't before they kill you and your rames on even ground. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

For the life of me I am not sure what it takes to get thru to the developers!  

People have asked for alpha's to be removed since day 1, and that's all you could find at the free ports lol....

They don't have any use or point in this game and don't fit in, inside of its world!

I think i know and this why im afraid they wil take a long time fixing this. Or maby when there's a masive outcry. I think they dit it so there are not to many tames around. This would be harder on the servers if there are to many tames per server. 

2 minutes ago, miloco said:

I think i know and this why im afraid they wil take a long time fixing this. Or maby when there's a masive outcry. I think they dit it so there are not to many tames around. This would be harder on the servers if there are to many tames per server. 

If they don't want to many tames then put in game mechanics that prevent that....  

Ultima Online had stables and you could only put X number of animals in the stables, and you could only control x points of creatures outside of the stables.

But Alpha's as some sort of population control is lazy game design!

• Like 2

All ashore that's going ashore!XydEUac.jpg

I supposed I should be grateful that none were alphas eh?

Don't forget the 7th one UNDER the boat.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

2 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

Btw, Warspectre, please, tell us more those swarm stories. Can't stop laughing at that six million vulture gang. Tis painfull bcs is true but at the same time is so funny to read.

Thanks, it's so frustrating you have to laugh. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger collection of obvious examples of developers that have done no or next to no research on the subject matter they've chosen to represent, so they decided to ask the nearest 4-year-old to do it for them.  

"Hey, little Timmy, how do vultures behave?" 

"Um, they growl and fly around and eat people! All the time! And if one gets in a fight, they all get in that fight, from everywhere for miles! All the vultures join in! And they like to eat sleeping people or animals, and if your arm hurts, they'll eat you too!" 

"Sounds legit, let's put that in guys! Next, tell us about crocodiles!" 

"Crocodiles are mean and big as houses, AND they like to EAT houses! All the time! They've got super sharp teeth so they can bite through walls and boats or ANYTHING! They also climb over huge rocks or mountains!"

"Damn you're saving us so much time and effort on research, Timmy. We're so glad you could take a day off from pre-school to help us out!" 

Edited by Warspectre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Alphas getting too much now..too scared to go outside to harvest as they are all over and keep killing tames..please please fix. Also Lions with their ridiculous aggro range ..they keep taking me off rides at stupid distances before I even see them. Boom tame dead..another one.

I dont want to sit in greenhouse all day and pick veggies ..please fix

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Wel im sure my bear was on passive when a 250 alpha lion insta killed me and than my tame. 

I would mind alpha in the game if they are like between lvl 31 and 90. The highst lvl i have seen is 26 but maby there are lvl 30 tames. Lvl 1 can get to max lvl 31 and a lvl 30 can get to max 90 richt? Should be a bit more possible like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miloco said:

I would mind alpha in the game if they are like between lvl 31 and 90. The highst lvl i have seen is 26 but maby there are lvl 30 tames. Lvl 1 can get to max lvl 31 and a lvl 30 can get to max 90 richt? Should be a bit more possible like that.

If I understand correctly, it's base tame * 2 + 30.

So for example, you find a lvl 30 and start taming.  At the bottom left it will say +15.  IF you manage a perfect tame, you'll end up with a lvl 45 (30+15) base tame.  45 * 2 + 30 = 120

Therefore, max level of a tame is 120.  Still not an alpha but not horrible.

Now that's how it was explained to me.  Dunno if this is correct or not.

My highest tame is currently lvl 55 so he's not high enough for me to confirm this yet.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

3 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

If I understand correctly, it's base tame * 2 + 30.

So for example, you find a lvl 30 and start taming.  At the bottom left it will say +15.  IF you manage a perfect tame, you'll end up with a lvl 45 (30+15) base tame.  45 * 2 + 30 = 120

Therefore, max level of a tame is 120.  Still not an alpha but not horrible.

Now that's how it was explained to me.  Dunno if this is correct or not.

My highest tame is currently lvl 55 so he's not high enough for me to confirm this yet.

Though max lvl animal is 30 outside of power stone islands and alphas.

Btw, six million vulture buddies asemble. Ppl should start making some kind of meme pictures, would make some fun out of all this radiculousness.

• Like 1