Fix this

Alphas STILL killing the game

I cant run 1 minute without finding an alpha (can provide video proof). This must be fixed. Taming is 100% a waste of time because you cant leave the base with a tame and have it live with the current alpha spawn rate. Farming is a nightmare. Granted not every alpha is aggressive but read on.

Its rediculous to have any alpha that literally cant be avoided if it aggros because theyre faster than normal spawns and even further ridiculousness that I cant even tame replacements because there is an alpha every 5th spawn that kills the high level potential tames. A pack of wolves cant kill an alpha cow, horse, crow etc. 

I would be ok with alphas being gone completely if necessary or BALANCE them so that theyre RARE (meaning you dont see one every day) and then also make them WORTH KILLING. Right now you get like 3 or 4x the amount of NORMAL MATERIALS that you get from killing the same type of monster but the risk is retarded versus the reward. 

If the spawn rate isnt going to be reduced then at least reduce their run speed to normal so you can GTFO if you dont want the encounter. 

They add nothing to the game and make taming completely useless.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

The number 1 goal of playing this game should be having fun richt? Wel if your lucky you wil find a tame lvl 26. If your even more lucky you keep your tame alive till its lvl 50. even than whit more then one tame you cant beat a alpha. Its to big of a lvl gap. Its already hard to servive the glitches whit your tames hordes snakes and wolfs spawning richt in front and behind. Pleaze fix this. Put the aphas in caves or on some hard endboss islands.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fix this said:

I cant run 1 minute without finding an alpha (can provide video proof). This must be fixed. Taming is 100% a waste of time because you cant leave the base with a tame and have it live with the current alpha spawn rate. Farming is a nightmare. Granted not every alpha is aggressive but read on.

Its rediculous to have any alpha that literally cant be avoided if it aggros because theyre faster than normal spawns and even further ridiculousness that I cant even tame replacements because there is an alpha every 5th spawn that kills the high level potential tames. A pack of wolves cant kill an alpha cow, horse, crow etc. 

I would be ok with alphas being gone completely if necessary or BALANCE them so that theyre RARE (meaning you dont see one every day) and then also make them WORTH KILLING. Right now you get like 3 or 4x the amount of NORMAL MATERIALS that you get from killing the same type of monster but the risk is retarded versus the reward. 

If the spawn rate isnt going to be reduced then at least reduce their run speed to normal so you can GTFO if you dont want the encounter. 

They add nothing to the game and make taming completely useless.  

Ya know they should have a loot table since i think 300 hide and 2000 meat is overkill

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, miloco said:

The number 1 goal of playing this game should be having fun richt? Wel if your lucky you wil find a tame lvl 26. If your even more lucky you keep your tame alive till its lvl 50. even than whit more then one tame you cant beat a alpha. Its to big of a lvl gap. Its already hard to servive the glitches whit your tames hordes snakes and wolfs spawning richt in front and behind. Pleaze fix this. Put the aphas in caves or on some hard endboss islands. 

Have not lost a tame yet, and killed two alphas today. I think they were around 26 or so as well to start.

• Confused 1

Be weary with your tames. 

I took my wolfpack out (4 x lvl 55+ wolves mate boosted) together with a lvl 50 and 40 Lion to test against an Alpha Giant Snake. 
The snakes cone AoE got my wolves and soon they were knocked out and consumed for full HP Snake. 
Tried to call back the last 2 wolves but wolves have a hard time following commands and keep re-engaging. 
All wolves died but the Lions survived. 

Was a fun test. 
The pack could, before their death, battle all Neutral alphas. The Aggressuve Snake ended their glory.

This was pre patch. 

Dont be to upset about loosing tames, easy to tame new ones 🙂

If Alphas bother you, just shoot 2 Fire arrows on the ground infront of it and it dies. 

Edited by Aros

7 hours ago, Fix this said:

I would be ok with alphas being gone completely

I fully expect this to be one of the first mods...something that makes the animals make more sense, and removes the Alphas.  I will search for a server running it, or start my own to run it.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:14 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I fully expect this to be one of the first mods...something that makes the animals make more sense, and removes the Alphas.  I will search for a server running it, or start my own to run it.

Yes me to. I'm fine whit alphas but they should be balans or on a alpha island where you know and can prepare for it.Like the caves in ARK

Edited by miloco

On 1/10/2019 at 2:26 AM, Hackjob said:

Just make some.fire arrows they go down pretty easily

If the alpha is faster than player (wolf, tiger or especialy lion which holds their target) then thou art dead before will even shoot the second arrow. Game throws packs of all sorts of animals everywhere, even on top of player (had many wolves spawn right next to or on top of us) and they make no sound untill being already half hp down, even their agro animation doesn't make noise. So yes, if we SEE an alpha, we can prepare for it, if it spawns on top or behind us without even a single sound that some instakill machine is charging at us then there is a problem, especialy if they are faster than player, if that would be a snake, would run away with half hp or something and finish it off (if even had any flame arrows, tundra is trash biome). They are also everywhere, seen up to 5 alphas on screen on our island if not more.

Alpha Lion just spawns 4 meter in front of me 1 meter above ground. In the time i can draw a weapon i was dead in one bite whit plate armer. Lozing my bear whit 700 hp in a view seconds where i had to travel al over the Atlas for honey and the bear it self. So i like taming but the the state of the alphas are fckt up. I love how hard the game is. but maybe tune it down at least til the bugs are a bit les.

• Like 3

Some Alphas need to be desperately addressed. Lions, Tigers and Wolves specifically. They're spastic as can be, hyper aggressive, move faster then can be believed, and are absolutely unbeatable by most tames. These Alphas in particular need to be addressed because there's no real feasible way to avoid situations involving them. There's other strong Alphas, such as Giraffe, Elephant and Crocodile, but those are all, for the most part, passive or slow. Aggressive alphas from the three apex predators listed above easily create scenarios where there is absolutely no way to win, counterplay or contest the loss they inflict. 

Ideally, those creatures would simply not spawn Alphas. However, you could also make it so they don't three shot 800 HP wolves/tigers, have the equivalent of 6k HP or the speed of a cheetah on meth. Or all of the above. 

• Like 2

someone said it: dedicated alpha areas. alphas should be very rare, very hard to beat and extremely rewarding if you manage to kill them. 

they should be some kind of endboss-variant without the need to do powerstone and mythical endgame stuff.

for a company it would be like "guys, I found one... lets set out to kill it" and then the company gathers together and ssets out for a safari.

• Like 2

To be honest it's ridiculous, we've tamed an elephant and rhino (takes us a day to prep, travel there and tame it and bring it back), both literally died within 10 minutes to alphas. We decided to just not tame any animals, it's a huge waste of time until they fix this in some way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i think losing tames wouldn´t be so bad, if taming itself wasnt such a timesink at all. 
making it a passive endeavour (like the taming pens in Conan:Exiles) woould ensure you got a steady supply , 

so losing one tame wouldnt such a big deal. 

but the way we haver to tame currently just does not offer the same incentive vs time invested. 

My best experience was an alpha horse... Killed nearly my bear and runs arround like a horse on steroids. Triggert not by me or itself. Its getting agressive by his other stupid horses, witch always running arround and getting scared by come to close on any player.

I think alphas should remain in ark. The concept behind it does not fit into this setting. In addition, they are far too strong compared to players and the environment. 100 to 200 additional levels and the alpha buff too. This is far to much!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, psykikk said:

i think losing tames wouldn´t be so bad, if taming itself wasnt such a timesink at all. 
making it a passive endeavour (like the taming pens in Conan:Exiles) woould ensure you got a steady supply , 

so losing one tame wouldnt such a big deal. 

but the way we haver to tame currently just does not offer the same incentive vs time invested. 

The problem isn't necessarily the loss inherently. It's how the loss occurs.

Let me paint my picture of something that happened this morning. I'm not complaining, but it's illustrative of the current issues with Alphas.

I live on an island with a lot of elevations. It's physically impossible to clear those elevations, or to really even survey them at all/any given time from the ground. However the ground is where the trees are. So here I am, farming with my level 74 Elephant (Max beastmaster btw), when all the sudden, an Alpha Tiger drops directly on my tame from the elevation/pillar next to me. I know I can't outrun it, so I try to fight it. It kills me in, give or take, four bites. I deal around 40 damage to it (I used a maxed version of both the heal and the damage buff). It then one shots me through masterwork fur armor (Each piece around 40 armor). The entire encounter took about, I wanna say, 10-15 seconds. There was absolutely nothing I could do to resolve or win the situation. I can't outplay it, in fact, absolutely nothing I do will ever solve the situation. Even if I was on my 80 something Tiger. It would still eat my tiger, then me, and show no wear for it. 

I do not, inherently, dislike, loss in a game. It introduces an element of Risk to the gameplay I find appealing. It's why I play PvP. However, Alpha Tigers, Lions and Wolves inherently break that risk vs reward scenario because there is absolutely no recourse, escape, outplay or scenario that doesn't end with you losing if they engage you. They are, wholly unique, in the entire game. Well, maybe not wholly. The Monstrous Whale is *still* pretty bad, but at least it's rare and you can see it coming and zone out. 

• Like 6

On 1/10/2019 at 2:26 AM, Hackjob said:

Just make some.fire arrows they go down pretty easily

Its not that there unkilleble. Its just not balanst in comparison to the rest op the tames. Even when your top beast-master its not a fair fight. 

The solution to broken alphas is not broken fire arrows. Its keeping on the dev team to balance. I'm not complaining, its early and the devs have been pushing out fixes/attempting to balance pretty quickly so far. 

I was farming wood with my lvl 46 elephant and checked entire area before taking the elephant out to see if there is any alpha and boom all of a sudden an alpha wolf appeared and destroyed the elephant in 3-4 hits. And the alpha destroyed my shack as well.

+1 to this, and it is not just alphas.

The island I am on has ridiculous mobs of predators.  Tonight I was on my lvl 30 bear which was HP levelled and a lvl 14 wolf attacked.  The wolf consistently stayed at the rear of the bear and as they run faster than the bear I was circling and made no difference.  It knocked half the hp out of the bear before I killed it.  I was unable to walk the bear backwards during the fight as the wolf was half way inside the bears body.  Once I killed it a second wolf arrived, as did a giant snake and two spiders.  The fight was unwinnable and the bear died.  It only took half an hour to tame the bear but the travel to and from an island to get it made the time investment well over an hour. 

It is just not worth it, the mobs are unmanageable.

Edited by DattoSSS
  • Like 3

I hope that deves wil see how mutch this is killing the game for a lot of players that like to tame. Dying mij zelf to a alpha can be irritating at times. but now most tames vs most alphas have no chance. 

The worst thing is, you really can not hunt anymore, because every alpha (even a rabbit) agroes when you hit a normal comrade. Lost my tiger this morning to an alpha cow. I really have no idea, what the devs intend with this spawnrate and that EVERY animal has alphas. Give us some aplha predators to keep us alert while hunting, but remove alpha sheeps, cows, rabbits etc.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ban Tier said:

The worst thing is, you really can not hunt anymore, because every alpha (even a rabbit) agroes when you hit a normal comrade. Lost my tiger this morning to an alpha cow. I really have no idea, what the devs intend with this spawnrate and that EVERY animal has alphas. Give us some aplha predators to keep us alert while hunting, but remove alpha sheeps, cows, rabbits etc.

Never remove passive alphas (except horses, those pricks can go), know what those passive alphas do?, they kill annoying predators and also make some of those animals fight back, for example a cow wllt not fight without having that alpha buff. They are excelent base defense system so untill predators spawn rate is drasticaly reduced would like them to stay (on most islands, that's not like every island spits 3 predators per second from what we noticed but many does)

Bump. I've killed my fair share of alphas without the need for fire arrows, it's manageable, but the spawn rate is ridiculous. Lost 3 bears and 4 of 6 wolves this morning due to being tag teamed by a snake and wolf. Pack killed the snake with relative ease but were hurt by the cone aoe. Seconds later the wolf took advantage of the weak and wounded. The steep terrain and IK didn't help.

Spawn rates and damage multipliers. Tweak them!

36 minutes ago, Ban Tier said:

The worst thing is, you really can not hunt anymore, because every alpha (even a rabbit) agroes when you hit a normal comrade. 

Oh, I can hunt.  I can't harvest the corpses though because of shit like this.

gxSUzmd.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1