Sign in to follow this  
Mad Jack

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but my ship disappeared

As above my ship disappeared apon switching region on my server, all that was left was floating ladders. Any idea why?

Did you have an npc crew keeping it fixed etc>? If not it sunk could be hit by a typhoon and sunk etc.... once they are built they require upkeep like in real life

1 minute ago, Luxfere said:

Did you have an npc crew keeping it fixed etc>? If not it sunk could be hit by a typhoon and sunk etc.... once they are built they require upkeep like in real life

No, it was a fresh ship, I just went through the blue portal wall to go to another region and then we spawned in the water with no ship.

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

No, it was a fresh ship, I just went through the blue portal wall to go to another region and then we spawned in the water with no ship.

Did you bychance swim back across the border to see if your ship had perchance simply failed to transit with you? Most likely what happened is you were victim of a bug, but that would be/have been a good step to check if you did.

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

Did you bychance swim back across the border to see if your ship had perchance simply failed to transit with you? Most likely what happened is you were victim of a bug, but that would be/have been a good step to check if you did.

I checked this, and the ship was not there 😞

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I've been seeing reports of people losing their ship when they zone after this last patch. I think I'm gonna refrain from changing sectors until I see an all clear. The devs should probably warn people in game about a major bug like this but apparently, it's more fun to let players find out the hard way. 

2 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

I've been seeing reports of people losing their ship when they zone after this last patch. I think I'm gonna refrain from changing sectors until I see an all clear. The devs should probably warn people in game about a major bug like this but apparently, it's more fun to let players find out the hard way. 

Could you link them so I can view them?

it happened to me also on one of the new ships.. I saw it bust and drop me into the ocean.  glad I chose to try one of the cheap ones instead of my good ships.

4 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Could you link them so I can view them?

Just go over to the Bug Reports forum, there are multiple threads about ships going AWOL after zoning.