Sign in to follow this  
WickedCricket

Thank you for the update you guys just did....

One update, told us It was 40min away, we were out in the sea, on our way back. all the whales in the ocean suddently aggroed onto us, the ship sunk and we quit the game until the update was completed.

Returned to the game, demoralised as all heck, drove a tinyer ship to go get some metal instead. Turned out our ship was still there (you guys rerolled it and out characters, but we never rolled straight back to the ship. 

We then lost the ships due to a flock of ship of the damned surrouding our ship.

When you say 40min, you have to keep your word, IT CAN'T BE 20Min! we lost a good deal of hours, we had a freaking roalercoaster of an experience, and it was all out of our controll. Atleast if you guys rolled us back onto the ship, It would all be fine. but now we just lost it all due to some stupid communication error, please just stop. I can't defend the game more than this...

Just to let you guys know, Im the one in our group that is the least frustrated about it.

- Wicked Cricket Riverbeard

I wonder if all of your guys are not from Ark where wildcard has been making a habit of abusing its customers with bs like this. I wonder if this is the rest of gaming community finding out what us arkers always knew. 

SnailGames - Wildcard - Grapeshot = a horrible company filled with horrible people that somehow come up with incredible awesome concepts that they suck at putting into place....

strange paradox....

• Thanks 1

EA EA EA EA EA EA .... sing it with me now!  This game is early access!  Rollbacks, bugs and crashing happen!  It's what we signed up for!  EARLY ACCESS is the name of this song kids!  Sing along now... EA EA EA EA EA EA!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dorf said:

EA EA EA EA EA EA .... sing it with me now!  This game is early access!  Rollbacks, bugs and crashing happen!  It's what we signed up for!  EARLY ACCESS is the name of this song kids!  Sing along now... EA EA EA EA EA EA!

chanting EA like it's some sort of mantra does not even begin to excuse a basic communication problem. If you say 40 minutes and you patch in 20, that has zero to do with the fact it's EA and everything to do with the fact you're being careless with your playerbases time and energy and enthusiasm for the game. Stop trying to wave a magic wand like it excuses everything. If I took a dump in your living room right now, could I look at you and say "EA" and it would be alright?

Whether it is EA or not, if you say we're patching in 40 minutes, then patching in 20 is a careless and preventable screwup. Period.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dorf said:

Oh come on... ARK isn't in EA and they are still screwing around with their customer base. Yes atlas is in EA, but the company still cares not for its customers. Both can be true at the same time.

18 minutes ago, JohnM81 said:

Oh come on... ARK isn't in EA and they are still screwing around with their customer base. Yes atlas is in EA, but the company still cares not for its customers. Both can be true at the same time.

I have 1500 hours into ark between my xbox and pc.  I was playing since week 1 on xbox and I felt the pain then too.  HOWEVER, I knew what I was in for.  And they redeemed themselves in my eyes.  Are they a perfect company?  No, but they work hard and fix mistakes. And make one heck of a fun game.  1500 hours of entertainment for a total of $60 I gave them... I think I made out pretty good.  

With that said, I have total faith that grapeshot will deliver just as well as they did as wildcard.  There will be growing pains(aka early access) but it will all be worth it.

In other words, stop being so sensitive when we all knew it was EA.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dorf said:

I have 1500 hours into ark between my xbox and pc.  I was playing since week 1 on xbox and I felt the pain then too.  HOWEVER, I knew what I was in for.  And they redeemed themselves in my eyes.  Are they a perfect company?  No, but they work hard and fix mistakes. And make one heck of a fun game.  1500 hours of entertainment for a total of $60 I gave them... I think I made out pretty good.  

With that said, I have total faith that grapeshot will deliver just as well as they did as wildcard.  There will be growing pains(aka early access) but it will all be worth it.

In other words, stop being so sensitive when we all knew it was EA.

only 1500?

Then you probably weren't around for the "Great Migration" for the first shutting down of legacy servers. You might have a VERY DIFFERENT view of WC if you were around then. Ark still isn't where it should be for a full release and still has wacky bugs and devastating character losses.

10 minutes ago, JohnM81 said:

only 1500?

Then you probably weren't around for the "Great Migration" for the first shutting down of legacy servers. You might have a VERY DIFFERENT view of WC if you were around then. Ark still isn't where it should be for a full release and still has wacky bugs and devastating character losses.

You sound jaded.  Jaded people aren't reasonable usually.

My points still stands but you're so hurt theres no convincing you. 

So I'll just say, good night.  And maybe I'll see you in atlas some day.

6 hours ago, Dorf said:

You sound jaded.

Am not. Just realistic to the facts. If I was jaded why would I still be playing ark with almost 7900 hours.