AntonyVW

What about the resouce respawn?

What I know is that people build things around me, then a ship and leave. I watch their timers so I can destroy their stuff as soon as possible. If they come back, it resets. Not sure about other side of the island stuff.

same problem here why did you do this wildcard? no one like you claiming system we want to play lawless to have fun

and don't say it's a bug

like ark 3 line

ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers=.1
ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures=.1
ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier=.5 

34 minutes ago, Shakarian said:

The respawn issue is connected to foundations.  The dead zone around foundations has been increased massively.  As great or greater than the build zone restrictions near other foundations.

only way to resolve this is to restructure your base with pillars and ceilings instead of foundations, but that only helps in your immediate vacinity.  If others don't do it, gl.  Our metal nodes on our island are blocked out by other player foundations, and they haven't fixed yet.

I agree with the reason of the resources not spawning is a dead zone increase.  I say the bug is the size of the dead zone.

Not sure how you think this is possible on lawless islands to have people not set up camps.  Only way for you to prevent someone is putting down a foundation which then makes more resources not spawn.  Leave it bare and randdomplayer1234 sets up a storage shack.

8 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

I agree with the reason of the resources not spawning is a dead zone increase.  I say the bug is the size of the dead zone.

Not sure how you think this is possible on lawless islands to have people not set up camps.  Only way for you to prevent someone is putting down a foundation which then makes more resources not spawn.  Leave it bare and randdomplayer1234 sets up a storage shack.

Just a little change to the structure radius would make a huge difference. 

Where does it say this was an intended change. Why would they not warn us in the patch notes doesn't make any sense.

1 minute ago, zwt2135 said:

Where does it say this was an intended change. Why would they not warn us in the patch notes doesn't make any sense.

Because it’s not the first change they made without putting it in the patch notes. 

• Like 1

Just now, zwt2135 said:

Read the previous posts. There is a quote from one of the devs saying things are functioning as intended... and it was kind of sorta of in the patch notes. Its related to them removing lawless from being home servers. Resource blocking has always worked in non-lawless are far as I know, its just not an issue since there is no foundation spam. 

17 minutes ago, haseo said:

same problem here why did you do this wildcard? no one like you claiming system we want to play lawless to have fun

and don't say it's a bug

like ark 3 line

ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers=.1
ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures=.1
ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier=.5 

Yes, that is how simple the fix is for anyone that doesn't realize it. Changing a single variable in the server config file. Now, I could understand the need for a wide spawn block range in Ark. People needed to build large dino pens and didn't want trees/rocks in the way. We don't have that need in Atlas and there is a LOT more open land to build than in Ark. There is no good reason the respawn range couldn't be turned wayyyyy down.  

• Like 2

I hosted an Ark Server before Rented for a long time. The radius wasn't horrible. But with this even after destroying every extra foundation still only about 5 or 5 trees... Gem, Syrup, metal, spawns all blocked...Please just do the easy fix switch the radius back to what it was before the patch, what was it really hurting? And Jat is online in the forums(you can see this on his profile) and no comment. I was a big ark player and stopped playing. I wanted to give Atlas a chance and I see potential but this resource radius is game breaking. Remove the radius, problem solved.

• Like 2

I think it is actually a bug. We have trees spawning/rocks spawning right next to the foundations. If it was just a simple radius fix. It would've been done yesterday.

We have 2 servers per region.  1 PVE and 1 PVP.  I think maybe they're doing what ARK did, which was to slowly grief official server players to manage and decrease the official server populations, which of course they have to fund.  Coincidentally, they're releasing the Dev kit for unofficial server mods the same week they break official server respawns.  And no, this isn't about forcing people off lawless islands, b/c this is happening everywhere.

I don't think they want to fork out the money needed for more official servers right now, which are already needed imo, so they're trying to guide the community to unofficial servers.  All the land is taken up outside of lawless regions, and they're not doing anything about that either, so the servers can't actually grow anymore.  Grapeshot not fixing/limiting claims, mixed with giving us extremely poorly designed islands which are mostly just giant rocks sticking out of the ground and unusable, is why people are forced to stay on lawless islands.  They can't be trying to force us off lawless, knowing there's no where to go off lawless, and not open new servers or redesign most of the shitty islands they gave us.

I go back to my original comment, and that is Grapeshot management is garbage.  This game is turning out to be a prime example of what happens when complete idiots are in charge of skilled and capable employees, and when those employees are forced to implement their idiot management's ideas.

Edited by Shakarian

If they're already trying to cut running expenses it can't be a good sign. And they're only gaining if people are buying, and looking at steam reviews and the word on the street, that's not happening in any meaningful way.

Well my server dropped from 150 players to just 20-30 since there are no resources anymore. I havent logged on either, just to check if they fixed it but they didnt.
They keep on doing stuff to annoy the non-hardcore players, scare them away, make it impossible to play. 

Edited by ThisWayisUP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Its not that simple. Where I live some d-bag spammed foundations for hundreds of yards around his tiny little house. I had no choice but to throw down a couple myself to keep him from pinning me in. There are also foundations someone else placed down which they keeps renewing with less than 12 hours left on them for some reason (they're not really in a buildable area) as well as several other houses built really close together in the area. Sure, we could all demolish everything but a 1x1 hut and some resources would come back but that's not really an option. The minute I demolish my couple foundations someone is going to place down their own. 

This is exactly what will happen if we pick up our foundations.  We did not claim vast chunks of land, we just wanted to prevent random transients from building ugly structures in our front yard and leave.  The islands are so small and some resources only spawn in a small specific area.  This will just encourage people to just block off resource areas with large walls just so they have a source of wood, stone, thatch, etc.  I have no issue with the respawn radius, but I think it needs to be reduced greatly.  There just is not enough land to keep the radius at their current sizes.

9 minutes ago, Bastian Auryn said:

This is exactly what will happen if we pick up our foundations.  We did not claim vast chunks of land, we just wanted to prevent random transients from building ugly structures in our front yard and leave.  The islands are so small and some resources only spawn in a small specific area.  This will just encourage people to just block off resource areas with large walls just so they have a source of wood, stone, thatch, etc.  I have no issue with the respawn radius, but I think it needs to be reduced greatly.  There just is not enough land to keep the radius at their current sizes.

Except the door walls now cost 600 metal (300 alloy) each so you won't be able to afford to do this anytime soon. You just have to trust in the good faith of other players to leave areas open for resources to spawn and to not come slap down a base right outside yours. Oh wait that won't happen either. It's a stalemate. The foundation spam is an issue. It could be fixed by making entire chunks of the island exclusion zones and extending beach size not just rare resources but then this takes away from being creative with base placement and design. Mind you on my island there is salt nodes all the way along the beach so literally anywhere you build is going to inhibit resource respawn somehow. People have to live somewhere. People who can't find room in the massive claim zones and don't want to be taxed or live under a lord are going to move to lawless. This is just going to cause people to quit the game which I guess will slowly make the server population die and space will open up but that is a terribly unhealthy way to solve the problem for the longevity of this game. Are lawless zones intended to be islands no one lives on so we can push the stress back on the servers with claims where there is no land? I really don't get the thought process going on here. 

From the current patch notes " Resource respawn should now function as they did on Lawless servers prior to v10."

😄

• Like 1

Even if it was their original intention to push us off Lawless, the devs seemed to hear us out when we voiced our concerns and now that they've reverting the changes back and even made it easier to build closer together I say they deserve a little kudos. Maybe they didn't see the game being so popular among the solo/casual crowds but I think they're open to altering their original intent and trying to make a place for us.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scyver said:

Even if it was their original intention to push us off Lawless, the devs seemed to hear us out when we voiced our concerns and now that they've reverting the changes back and even made it easier to build closer together I say they deserve a little kudos. Maybe they didn't see the game being so popular among the solo/casual crowds but I think they're open to altering their original intent and trying to make a place for us.

Hey I've been very vocal on this issue and I'll be the first to say thanks to the devs for hearing all the bitching and reverting this change. It really is appreciate. Now fix pve ship sinking and we'll be set!

• Like 1

Still no Ressource spawn on my Lawless Island. It is only working with Bamboo wich is now respawning as before v10 

…… and thanks to the Devs for loosing two Bears today because of "it is only a Minor Update and you do not need to do anything" …..

Edited by Cpt. Jack

Just now, Cpt. Jack said:

Still no Ressource spawn on my Lawless Island. It is only working with Bamboo wich is now respawning as before v10 

…… and thanks to the Devs for loosing two Bears today because of "it is only a Minor Update and you do not Need to do anything" …..

Jat said on twitter it can take a bit before the resources spawn back, but after that you should be good. 

I mean will you guys keep with the lies over and over?

U said its now as it was before V10 I'm sitting here for the past 30 minutes and the only thing that spawned was a bunch of fibers, there is no trees, metal, stone, nothing!!!!

Region i4 and Atlas are dead to me at moment!

11 minutes ago, Khazador said:

Well I am glad they fixed it but so far 30 minutes later and no respawns yet...

Nothing spawns on my island since they announce the "fix"