AntonyVW

What about the resouce respawn?

2 hours ago, Pappy Green said:

This resource blocking is working as intended, Jat himself replied to my comment in the "captains log" about v10 where I brought up this issue. There have been multiple updates since then and none of them have addressed this issue and there has been no mention of it from the devs. The excuse that "they're working on it" is invalid as this fix would literally take 30 seconds. It's a single variable that needs to be changed and it hasn't been done. That says it all.

He also said they were looking into it and possibly might need to change the radius, the foundation radius (the feature not the size) is hardcoded or something and was inactive until recent patch but from the sounds of it it can be and most likely will be adjusted.

26 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

In lawless, that is the case, 4 days on foundations, 12 on benches, 16 on storage.

But is that the case for just the region server or is it the case map wide? If I log into that region it resets but if I never travel to another region I've built in does the decay keep counting down?

@LifelessGamer It seems like a very random bug given their patch notes and with it being such a game breaker, they really should've responded by now. I don't mind a fix to the pillaring, even having pillared a little myself to keep our future build plans alive. You guys are right though, it could just be another griefing tool.

• Like 1

Doesn't really make sense that it would be "hardcoded" as it's a parameter that can be changed in dedicated servers..., been here since ark. so if they haven't fucked up anything else, changing that is a matter of seconds 

3 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

it resets when you log into that server/region @CoOpGamerCouple.

Good to know, I figured that was the case and that's how I'd prefer it to be.

Hardcoded is probably just a way of saying it is set in the object class and no other classes have access to it. Somewhere in the code though there is a radius set for that. Unless of course, there is a group of items that share the same radius, then they'd have a little work to do to change it.

It was hard to play last night due to that. We barely could find anything. All I could find was fronds/fibers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

So many cry kids.....put away your foundations and ressources will spawn in minutes

I tried this around my area. Unfortunately didn't work. Maybe not crying hard enough?

4 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

So many cry kids.....put away your foundations and ressources will spawn in minutes

Mine foundations? What about other peoples structures you dumbass? I don't want to spend next week farming cannons and cannon balls just so i can get some trees

• Haha 1

Its an utter joke on our island, even when i'm there alone, i can barely find resources to continue our Schooner, and when we (4 ppl) are all present, we clear what few trees are left i minutes, leaving nothing behind, and then with nothing to do, we log out.

Cant even find metal, as the 3 rocks i knew of, are all not spawning anymore, can't see what blocks them, other than maybe nearby rafts...

This change will make us stop playing, as we simply cannot compete for a proper landclaim, and we cant do anything out of a couple of unblocked trees.

And as a side note, our entire zone, have gone from 60'ish online, to about 28'ish since the patch that ruined resources...

Wonder why?!

Edited by Fiil

2 minutes ago, Fiil said:

Its an utter joke on our island, even when i'm there alone, i can barely find resources to continue our Schooner, and when we (4 ppl) are all present, we clear what few trees are left i minutes, leaving nothing behind, and then with nothing to do, we log out.

Cant even find metal, as the 3 rocks i knew of, are all not spawning anymore, can't see what blocks them, other than maybe nearby rafts...

This change will make us stop playing, as we simply cannot compete for a proper landclaim, and we cant do anything out of a couple of unblocked trees.

Its a joke!

What server and grid? If you're anywhere near us, we can bring you some supplies, happy to help if we can for now!

• Like 1

05:55] Jatheish: We won't be rolling back the servers for any of these changes. As for resources, our QA team are investigating the issue but so far all the signs pinpoint it to being the structure spawn-prevention radius. This is native to the game but wasn't present during our initial launch due to Lawless Regions being listed as Homeservers, so from a technical point of view, it's intentional, however not ruling out possibilities for other issues (hence they're investigating). There's an argument that the radius itself needs to be adjusted, so we'll have to think on that.

The Radius itself should be adjusted. down to 1-3 tiles.

1 minute ago, CoOpGamerCouple said:

What server and grid? If you're anywhere near us, we can bring you some supplies, happy to help if we can for now!

Thats kind of you, but as its on PVP, i'd rather not give out such details, but the thought is much apreciated!

1 minute ago, Fiil said:

Thats kind of you, but as its on PVP, i'd rather not give out such details, but the thought is much apreciated!

Fair point, we are on PVE but if I were on PVP I wouldn't give out my location currently either!

• Like 1

The trees have stopped spawning on my island since the patch. We have no way to get wood and the game looks like a barren wasteland sh!t hole. Fix this asap!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IceMan said:

The trees have stopped spawning on my island since the patch. We have no way to get wood and the game looks like a barren wasteland sh!t hole. Fix this asap!

Yea, our island went from a tropical paradise to Fallout overnight.

• Like 2

I was hoping the ship griefing would be fixed before I tried to leave my lawless island. Unfortunately if dead islands is what's intended I'll have to risk it. 😞 

The use of foundations and pillers is what happened and made people quit in ark and now has come to atlas, this needs to be looked at people placing foundations all over due to being mad at people. Devs have been great jat has gone above and beyond . Have over 14k hours in ark and can say I enjoy atlas more, but seems alot of issues are coming here from ark. Palisades need to be implemented or able to be chanced with t using stone or wood as well Bull to be used with carts. Thank you

20 hours ago, AntonyVW said:

Its not just the resources to build but there is also no food to harvest either as the animals are not respawning either

The respawn issue is connected to foundations.  The dead zone around foundations has been increased massively.  As great or greater than the build zone restrictions near other foundations.

only way to resolve this is to restructure your base with pillars and ceilings instead of foundations, but that only helps in your immediate vacinity.  If others don't do it, gl.  Our metal nodes on our island are blocked out by other player foundations, and they haven't fixed yet.

• Like 1

I'm not even mad. I just have a feeling our situation probably wasn't even noticed because it's not something the big streamers are dealing with. I know it will be fixed, just hoping sooner then later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LifelessGamer said:

I still believe this to be a bug.

IF  structures stopped resource spawns then people could go around hiding stone pillars barely sticking out of the ground to make the game a barren wasteland very quickly.

Its not specifically a bug. This is exactly how foundations worked in Ark and since this is pretty much a forked version of Ark... foundations are likely "working as intended". The problem is, you use to be able to use pillars to "claim" land in Ark, which was a pain in the ass to deal with but at least it didn't block resources. 

30 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Its not that simple. Where I live some d-bag spammed foundations for hundreds of yards around his tiny little house. I had no choice but to throw down a couple myself to keep him from pinning me in. There are also foundations someone else placed down which they keeps renewing with less than 12 hours left on them for some reason (they're not really in a buildable area) as well as several other houses built really close together in the area. Sure, we could all demolish everything but a 1x1 hut and some resources would come back but that's not really an option. The minute I demolish my couple foundations someone is going to place down their own. 

1 minute ago, Axden1 said:

I'm not even mad. I just have a feeling our situation probably wasn't even noticed because it's not something the big streamers are dealing with. I know it will be fixed, just hoping sooner then later.

The devs are aware of it. The official response is that resources are being blocked by foundations and its working as intended.

This was my biggest fear buying Atlas. Wildcard almost never listened to community feedback on issues in Ark and rarely ever reversed a change that was "working as intended" no matter how much is pissed people off. They'd just keep their head down, ignore the community and do whatever they want. I mean, fair enough its their game... they can build it however they want. Just don't blow smoke up our ass with this "we want community feedback". No, they want streamer and mega tribe feedback. That's it. They don't care about the normal players experience. If they did, things like PvE ship sinking would have been fixed weeks ago.  

I have single handedly identified the problem with this game's development.

Management.  The REAL talent and minds in this game are being griefed by idiots with the largest salaries.  Construction has pretty much halted across Atlas.  Nutrition is now impossible with the complete absense of vitamin A plants.  Death imminent.  I got both Atlas and Fallout 76 over the holidays, and I'm said to say Fallout76, a game within a nuclear wasteland, now has more vegetation.  This is just beyond pathetic on grapeshot's part.  I'm sure the coders and designers are more than willing and able to jump on this issue and resolve it quickly, but management is forcing their attention on other things.  Probably designing a real currency item shop... or if they're doing things the same way as ARK... an EXPANSION!  Come join our new map with no trees for just $29.99!!  Here's a graph of recent ratings to make you think we're getting vote botted.  Trust us.  Patch at 8pm tonight too... we promise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pappy Green said:

it resets when you log into that server/region @CoOpGamerCouple.

This can't be true... I put a foundation and box down on the other side of the island from where I am now a week after launch when I thought it was a good spot.  An hour after I placed those, I found a better spot that allowed me to plop my small shipyard down as well.  I have logged in on that island every day since, but never revisited that original site until last night when my search for metal took me all the way over there.  None of my stuff was there.

So if it was just required to login and/or be in zone, those things should have been there.  I think you have to be in the radius (that we are all complaining about) to refresh timer.