AntonyVW

What about the resouce respawn?

1 hour ago, Pappy Green said:

This was a deliberate adjustment made to make it impossible to live in lawless. 

We don't know that. If this was a deliberate change in Patch 10, they should have said it. But there is nothing in patch notes. I think that was something that goes wrong with the patch and they didn't expected that.

If there are 3 patches fixing some of those bugs and none the resources respawn is because the issue is hard to fix yet, if don't they need to notify us about that change.

Edited by JotaCe
  • Like 1

I wish they would just tell us one way or another so we can figure out if we just wait it out till they fix it or start over in a non lawless area. I don't understand why they are just being silent about the issues.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JotaCe said:

We don't know that. If this was a deliberate change in Patch 10, they should have said it. But there is nothing in patch notes. I think that was something that goes wrong with the patch and they didn't expected that.

If there are 3 patches fixing some of those bugs and none the resources respawn is because the issue is hard to fix yet, if don't they need to notify us about that change.

It shouldn't be hard to fix. Resource respawn block range on foundations was a server setting in Ark... and since Atlas is built on top of Ark, I'm sure its a server setting in Atlas as well. You'd think it would be as simple as turning it down or off. Perhaps there is more to it than that for some reason but that seems unlikely.

More likely its that this isn't something impacting streamers... so they have no desire/pressure to fix it quickly. Same with PvE ship sinking. Streamers losing their Galleons to SotD sure as hell got a hot fix though.  

• Like 1

Hope this trend does not continue 😞

every other patch breaks resource respawns again...

It's not the 3rd or 4th time?

• Like 1

Obviously it was not working as intended.  Foundations blocking resource respawn for huge distances is handing griefers  a massive trolling tool. As much as Wildcard is widely regarded as sometimes trolling their own players, there is no way that was their intention.

Edited by Ringo O'Rourke
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to the patch today that resolves this. Would love to continue to be able to atleast build my ship and leave if needed.

Fix the Resource spawns......regardless where players call "home".....we need resources??? Seriously this isn't rocket science.

People on lawless have homes and ships built.....simply remove foundation spamming....

Guarantee people will stop playing....regardless of what anyone says. Building and exploring are the only things to really keep me busy.

Who makes these stupid decisions??

Edited by Nobledroid Gaming
  • Like 1

The only answer I currently see for me to play and enjoy the game is to have my own server. Problem is they are not straight forward to set up. I can get to the point of being ready to launch the server only to find it not on the list. I found one tutorial that was really excellent but despite following it to the end it still didn't work. I'm obviously missing something obvious and will continue to work on it. But my point is that I should not have to do that. I would prefer to stay on the official server but at the moment that is becoming increasingly more difficult.

This more or less breaks the entire game. People will ALWAYS find a way to build on such places that don't have resource spawns near them. This whole change is pointless. Just revert it and don't pretend that it's not an intended change. This is just a kick in the balls for players who have wasted countless hours on building something great somewhere just to realize they gotta do the whole thing over somewhere else because of this change. 

• Like 2

Well this is a show stopper for me.. Love the game and was upset that we could not find a claim.  But, I could still set up in lawless and at least build a ship and now if this will not be fixed I am done with this game.

• Like 3

Lawless was the only way for our small group to play on official server and now it's gone. With every new patch I feel more like they want to push us, solo players and small group players,  away from the game. My friends already stopped playing like a week ago due to BS but now they made it literally unplayable if ure not in a 10+ group

• Like 2

I was trying to think of a good solution as I don't know if there is a perfect one. My thought is to put an exclusion zone around rarer resources where you cannot build on top of or within a few tiles of them to keep people from griefing. Then for foundations drop the range down to the tile itself or at most 1-2 squares for all the common resources trees, fiber, stone. There is really no reason to not let vegetation grow right up alongside buildings. Inside I can understand and losing a few trees or stone spawns isn't necessarily a big deal although this could still become a griefing issue depending on the island and quantity of resources  so possibly don't allow placing foundations on stone or tree spawns even after it is harvested. This will force you to build your base on the shoreline, lakes, lagoons, in the water, or in the areas that are just brush. Not sure what other solution would work and keep people from being dicks, let people build and expand and use the entire island not just the outskirts and still keep stuff from growing inside your structures.

This resource blocking is working as intended, Jat himself replied to my comment in the "captains log" about v10 where I brought up this issue. There have been multiple updates since then and none of them have addressed this issue and there has been no mention of it from the devs. The excuse that "they're working on it" is invalid as this fix would literally take 30 seconds. It's a single variable that needs to be changed and it hasn't been done. That says it all.

Its just stupid, nothing has to be „investigated“ as all facts are clear.

- mega tribes own all claimable islands and let nobody in

- casuals/new players/people with life-job-family must live in the Ghetto (lawless)

- ghetto is full, no ressources respawning

—-> people leave

• Like 3

if only some of you played Ark... these are the small ppl that ignore all of us on stuff. so why should they lesson now.  it was a way for them to make money for there next project.  Im still playing but without something to do other than build and sail.  its a dead end

We placed down some floors to outline our territory on NA PVE. We tested it last night and pulled them up and resources came back again. I don't mind the system, if they would just explain it. I'd even be for foundations without walls/roof having a faster decay.

27 minutes ago, CoOpGamerCouple said:

...I'd even be for foundations without walls/roof having a faster decay.

That would just swap Foundation spam for Foundation+wall spam, surely?

I recognize that as a possibility but pillaring is what made Ark official so unbearable for us but at least they'd have to commit to building a full structure, maybe even increasing the size to a 2x2 with walls and roof. If this was the fix, current resource spawn blocking, I'd be for it. I also think decay should apply if you haven't been there recently. For instance, lets say I go to B7, build some stuff, leave and don't come back for like a month, those items should eventually decay. Maybe they do now and I just don't know it.

57 minutes ago, CoOpGamerCouple said:

We placed down some floors to outline our territory on NA PVE. We tested it last night and pulled them up and resources came back again. I don't mind the system, if they would just explain it. I'd even be for foundations without walls/roof having a faster decay.

The problem with that system is even you didn't put any foundations, other people will allow to put them and f_ck you. Is the day-by-day in this kind of games.

I have a little house (4x4) in lawless region, i put a couple of foundations near but there are more others players foundations around my house, so, i'm f_ck even demolish my owns.

• Like 1

I still believe this to be a bug.

IF  structures stopped resource spawns then people could go around hiding stone pillars barely sticking out of the ground to make the game a barren wasteland very quickly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

I still believe this to be a bug.

IF  structures stopped resource spawns then people could go around hiding stone pillars barely sticking out of the ground to make the game a barren wasteland very quickly.

I agree, I don't see how it could be anything other then a bug. It not only makes the islands useless, it makes them ugly.

• Like 2

So do we come back in a month when they obviously have caved and fixed this issue because everyone left or is this going to be adressed sooner than that? because honestly like this the game is unplayable on our island and we have absolutely zero chance at claiming anything.

• Like 2

Last time it took a few days, not a month. But I guess you can come back in a month to see how it's different 😄