AntonyVW

What about the resouce respawn?

Nice update but when are you going to make the resource respawn? They haven't been respawning since the big patch today

• Like 1

This should have been the #1 issue resolved from the v10 patch. It is a simple fix, a single variable in a single function. Instead they have left it a "race for the resources" game. Now every 20 minutes or so, the 10 trees left on my island respawn and first one that gets to them wins! It is now a sailing game where you can't sail because you can't build a ship. I guess this was the joke to balance the reduced cost of ships. "Sure we reduced the cost of materials, but just try to find them!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Its not just the resources to build but there is also no food to harvest either as the animals are not respawning either

48 minutes ago, Khilandros said:

The resource issue is being investigated

What is there to investigate? They are using the same system they've been using for years in Ark. They just turned on foundation resource blocking in Lawless with this patch... and since lawless is nothing but foundation spam right now, no resources are spawning. Either turn it back off or dramatically reduce the block radius (I prefer a reduced radius so rocks stop spawning in my house). Like a lot of the issues they've been investigating for days now, its not rocket science... they're just very bad at setting priorities. 

why have they not said anything about this other than its being investigated....its almost been a day since the patch was dropped.

PLEASE revert it back to pre patch ways or dramatically decrease the despawn radius to like 0-2 tiles.  And please, please post a ETA when this will be sorted out.

• Like 1

Blame the idiots on lawless that spam foundations everywhere

Edited by Hackjob
  • Like 1

Regardless of the foundation spamers (chests on the ground block as well and have a 16 day timer), what was the point of this change? Why did they spend the time making it? I would much rather have a tree growing through my base than no trees at all. 

1 minute ago, Pappy Green said:

Regardless of the foundation spamers (chests on the ground block as well and have a 16 day timer), what was the point of this change? Why did they spend the time making it? I would much rather have a tree growing through my base than no trees at all. 

I have to assume it's unintentional. Turning half the game into desert islands doesn't sound "working as intended"

• Like 2

Yeah I'm sure this was unintentional but man If not,  I see no reason to keep playing after all the work I did. Theres literally nothing left. 

• Like 2

Agreed this is dumb the more people move on an island the less resources you will get how dumb is that.

5 hours ago, MaxPower said:

What is there to investigate? They are using the same system they've been using for years in Ark. They just turned on foundation resource blocking in Lawless with this patch... and since lawless is nothing but foundation spam right now, no resources are spawning. Either turn it back off or dramatically reduce the block radius (I prefer a reduced radius so rocks stop spawning in my house). Like a lot of the issues they've been investigating for days now, its not rocket science... they're just very bad at setting priorities. 

Yea exactly this. They should make resources not spawn directly under the foundation. I actually like the idea of building my base inside of a bunch of trees and having them grow back to make it not visible all the time.  Then they made large doors cost a stupid amount of resources. For the stone part I understand it it's a big ass door and to build a wall with stone panels would take a ton. But the alloy cost? Doesn't even make sense 600 metal for a single door which has no "wall" equivalent to match. They honestly need a large stone wall so we don't have to use the doors. And people who complain about bases being surrounded by them.. Climbing picks. Bear cannon carts.

• Like 1

Do not build around your base with foundations, boeys etc.. just warning you. Otherwise works fine for us on NA pvp

I really hope they fix this soon, Our island is pretty much deserted but its lawless, so waiting on the timers so we can demolish all the stuff left behind, so hopefully things respawn. As it is now the area affected is way to big.  :(

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Do not build around your base with foundations, boeys etc.. just warning you. Otherwise works fine for us on NA pvp

Its not an issue in claim zones. Its only an issue in lawless because right now lawless is nothing but foundation spam. People are building in lawless because they can't find a claim but now they can't do anything because there are no resources spawning in lawless to build with. Its not a sustainable situation... people will just quit playing. 

Edited by MaxPower
  • Like 2

At this point we shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking this was a simple mistake or in any way unintentional. This was a deliberate adjustment made to make it impossible to live in lawless. Three updates since this disruption and none of them addresses the issue even in passing.  I am quite disappointed. 

People voted with their feet to build in lawless. My friend and I took one look at the claim system before we even played and knew it would be a horror show. And it was.

If Grapeshot takes away the lawless option people are going to vote again with their feet...and it's not to go to claim-land.

• Like 3