Sign in to follow this  
Everett_Hayward

UN-NERF FIREARMS

This firearms nerf is too much. My blunderbuss would do (45 damage x hit amount) to a croc before the patch. This would literally save my life especially when I was being chased by more than one at a time. Now my blunderbuss will do (25 x hit amount) and won't even come close to killing the thing, that is a crazy big nerf! Pistols also went from doing between 140-180 to 75 per hit?! I need a full hotbar of pistols to take down one croc. Then there's the two more behind it that also want to eat me. It's not viable or practical anymore compared to the bow.

Edited by Everett_Hayward

read the comments in the latest captains log.... they are looking into it....

3 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

@JatheishWhat about the exploding ships on borders and guns/meele damage nerfs to animals?

Aye, we're looking into the reports people have put in on the forums/discord, etc. The gun changes were made so that they would be more impactful versus higher armoured characters and as a result, their base damage was reduced. However, our gameplay team are investigating an issue where some damage multipliers may be impacting wild creatures as well as tamed.

3 hours ago, Pappy Green said:

Thanks for the reply. I'm am hopeful (I have 216+ hours in the game since release😅) that this game lives up to it's potential.

No worries! We will get there and I understand it's frustrating at the moment, but once we've had some more time to flesh out these systems we'll be taking a pretty firm stance against cheaters, BattlEye and the ticketing system will just be the beginning -- albeit, tickets are handled manually and by a human so they're not dealt with as rapidly, and we want to be confident before issuing a ban / wipe against a player. Which is why the sooner BattlEye and our other tools are in, the better -- and therefore a priority for us 🙂