Sign in to follow this  
Hazed

Lawless Island spam foundations to prevent resource spawning

So there is a players here in EU PVE in F12 Region planted foundations everywhere about 400+  to prevent resource spawning company is called Wurstalat company 

Edited by Hazed

Guest BeeDup
12 minutes ago, Hazed said:

to prevent resource spawning

This is done in lawless to prevent people from building, not to starve resources. It's how people are claiming land in lawless.

Yes but since foundations have been placed resources have not been spawned in hours

28 minutes ago, Hazed said:

Yes but since foundations have been placed resources have not been spawned in hours

Resources Spawn was working fine lastnight before the Patch 10, so, isn't a problem related with the foundations, is a problem related with the Patch.

Edited by JotaCe
  • Like 1

I think his point is that there is an assumption that the patch changed Lawless zones to be like normal zones in that foundations now block resource respawns. If that's the case and was intentional, then it is a problem with foundations. If it wasn't intentional or resources aren't spawning at all regardless of how close a foundation is to them, then it is a patch problem.

• Like 1

Lawless zones aren't normal zones after Patch 10, Dev's turn off the respawn in that zones, but the main concept (zones that we can't claim) is the same.

My point is, if there were some problem with foundation and building areas with the no-respawn resources, that beahavior must be present before the patch, is after the patch that things go wrong, thats why i said the problem is the patch, that affected that. Dev's already said that they're investigating the problem, so, definitive wasn't intentional, otherwaise, they will posted that in patch notes/changes.

27 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

I'm not gonna sit here and try to judge or decide how they run their business, I'm not in the game development world.  That is like debating micro transactions and loot boxes, some will view them as terrible while others love them.  They chose the EA method and as such that means this is a game that is in an alpha state and will sometimes be broken by their patches.  They have already addressed 90% of the current complaints(outside of the weight issue).

Well considering I know quite a few people who are not "fan boys"  that are playing it and not having tons of issues at least that haven't already been addressed by Jat in a post somewhere. Sorry you feel anyone who is willing to play EA is suddently a fan boy though. 

Wait now, you are quoting and clearly misrepresenting my quote. I obviously am not a fan boy. I obviously am a fan of EA and you can quote me on that. Never did I assume one goes hand in hand with the other. I respect that you are enjoying the game. Clearly I am jealous, quote me on that as well. Because I didn't get to for a week, and my experience since (floating from one island to the next for days on end on a raft looking for what all of those who got in on day 1 or 2 got to take advantage of) has been far from entertaining or relaxing. Wich to a certain extent is the basic requirements for a video game. I got a wave simulator. A pretty wave simulator I'll concede, but not the swashbuckling pirate experience I'd expected. Not even close. 41.5 hours later I have a raft,  and, well that's it

Look its simple. the patch turned lawless that had been functioning as freeports with respawns and higher resources  repawns back to normal servers.. the rates your at now are the same as all the normal server.s LAwless was never ment to be a home server.. You were never meant to live there forever...  To many people got all cozy with no alphas, higher rates of resources  and almost no negitives... now there arnt as many resources .  The islands cant support all you pople tryign to freeload there.. gotta get out and make people offers on land.. OR steal it.. or go where other peopel arnt liek tundra and polars... but you wont be able to live in Lawless zones anymore.... which is great... 

Too many people have no worries of land claims show up once every 4 days repair the house then off they go again... If anythign they need to cut how long lawless takes to decay in 1/2

44 minutes ago, Pax said:

Look its simple. the patch turned lawless that had been functioning as freeports with respawns and higher resources  repawns back to normal servers.. the rates your at now are the same as all the normal server.s LAwless was never ment to be a home server.. You were never meant to live there forever...  To many people got all cozy with no alphas, higher rates of resources  and almost no negitives... now there arnt as many resources .  The islands cant support all you pople tryign to freeload there.. gotta get out and make people offers on land.. OR steal it.. or go where other peopel arnt liek tundra and polars... but you wont be able to live in Lawless zones anymore.... which is great... 

Too many people have no worries of land claims show up once every 4 days repair the house then off they go again... If anythign they need to cut how long lawless takes to decay in 1/2

Wow you couldn't be more wrong about this. You are assuming all of this. There was no patch notes indicating they were going to stop respawns in lawless areas, all they said was you could not set it as a home server. Everything you are saying is your own opinion with no actual facts behind it.

Edited by Khazador
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pax said:

That's one theory. But not presented in the patch notes, so more likely a bug, not a feature.

• Like 1

your right its an assumption but a very logical one. 

When they originally made lawless servers to allow people to spawn on them they said they were making them like freeports..  from witnessing the respawns on both the lands they were very similar to what freeport are..  Now that they are not needed to act like a freeport server and now that people are seeing much slower respawns on them similar to what the normal respawns are on normal servers,   its a very logical assumption. 

• Confused 2

Maybe, but if that is what they want, they will announce it in patch notes or a captains log. Since that has not been mentioned at all, another logical assumption is that it's a bug, like the last time resources weren't re spawning.

• Like 1

Some people are making theories and turning around the same point, but, the true is that is a bug, a problem that Dev's are trying to fix. If that was a change, they must advice us about that, but is something that goes wrong with the patch.

The only thing that we need to do is be patient and wait for the fix.

• Like 1

Lawless are seeing virtually no resource respawn. Foundations and storage placed on the ground completely block respawn in about a 200 meter radius. This makes it impossible for people to build boats to get away and to find and cook food to survive. Alphas do spawn in lawless. It is correct that lawless was created as overflow for freeports, but if they are no longer needed for that, what exactly are they reverting back to? Zones that are impossible to live in that serve no purpose in the game? The dev's are not trying to fix it. There have been 3 updates since the problem appeared and the devs have not even mentioned it in the patch notes. It was intentional, it is not a bug. 

2 hours ago, Pappy Green said:

Lawless are seeing virtually no resource respawn. Foundations and storage placed on the ground completely block respawn in about a 200 meter radius. This makes it impossible for people to build boats to get away and to find and cook food to survive. Alphas do spawn in lawless. It is correct that lawless was created as overflow for freeports, but if they are no longer needed for that, what exactly are they reverting back to? Zones that are impossible to live in that serve no purpose in the game? The dev's are not trying to fix it. There have been 3 updates since the problem appeared and the devs have not even mentioned it in the patch notes. It was intentional, it is not a bug. 

the purpose of lawless island is almost certainly to offer an opportunity to build a raft and then Sail to another location ... i'm sure they never wanted ppl to stay there forever . and as it is now ppl like me that only want to build a ship and leave (cause lawless server as laggy as fuck btw) and find another place to leave can't even do that as all the island are spammed with foundation and pillar from greedy persons 

To sail where ? the place ruinded by people ? the islands property of one dude ? to beg others for land ? where to sail ? the game is broken, BROKEN and need to be FIXED 

BORIS 4.jpg

2 hours ago, Xilonas said:

the purpose of lawless island is almost certainly to offer an opportunity to build a raft and then Sail to another location ... i'm sure they never wanted ppl to stay there forever . and as it is now ppl like me that only want to build a ship and leave (cause lawless server as laggy as fuck btw) and find another place to leave can't even do that as all the island are spammed with foundation and pillar from greedy persons 

Maybe but at least you could before patch mine resources.

4 hours ago, Xilonas said:

Part of building a ship, is having a safe location to do it. If lawless was meant to only have a tiny ship yard, they would say. If you're going to build a larger shipyard, it might take days or weeks to build a ship with a few hours of play. So building a small compound to do that is not unreasonable on lawless. If they don't want that then they should turn off building completely and state "no building here"

• Like 1

100%  @Axden1 I've spent a lot of time solo building on a Lawless island knowing I couldn't place a normal bed and having a 4 day decay timer.  I've accomplished quite a bit tbh but now if this stays this way not sure if I want to continue.  I don't mind foundations blocking resources but to this degree is unacceptable IMO.  People keep talking about this so can be seen and heard

Edited by Gfnjr

Have anyone tried to report such players and/or companies with this new system? This actually could be considered as "hindering" game for others if they spammed whole island.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elrood said:

Have anyone tried to report such players and/or companies with this new system? This actually could be considered as "hindering" game for others if they spammed whole island.

you really the devs are gonna take some time to do something about particular foundation spammin on particular island? 

Just now, Xilonas said:

you really the devs are gonna take some time to do something about particular foundation spammin on particular island? 

Don't know. And won't know if someone won't try. 

I'm just still going to assume it's unintended. The resource blocking isn't this large on Claimed areas. I'm guessing someone messed up a decimal point somewhere in the code.

• Like 1

Understanding that lawless was never supposed to be a place to stay and I get that.  But, been going from one place to another to try and find land to claim.  Well not happening with only 3 people in my group of friends we have never been able to get close to grabbing one piece of  land at all.  I get why they did this and think it's dumb till they fix the claims.  I have no issue with the alphas it adds to the danger.  Now that I do not have the resources to get off my island because someone, large group, weighted down my ship till it  sank I have no way to get off the island that we are on.

Edited by Zanfengmr

If lawless was never meant to be a place to stay, and it was only used as an overflow for freeport on launch, what exactly was it there for in the first place. Just to sail through? That really makes no sense.