Sign in to follow this  
RogueLdr

Why don't you just tell me how to kill mobs, cuz i don't know anymore.

How would you like us to actually kill mobs in the game? 

It's clear you don't want us to use any of the weapons you provided...

Pistols: from 300 dmg to 90 ... just as long to reload.
Fire arrows, Nerfed
All melee weapons less damage, but just as slow as before.

I know, i'll use my tames!
... oh wait... you nerfed those too!

So how exactly would you like me to kill the lvl 211 Alpha giant snake that suddenly appeared on a lawless island that never had alphas before Hmmm?

Harsh language?
Should we pretend we're the U.N. and draft a sternly worded resolution against them?

So you tell us how combat is supposed to work, because all the options you gave us don't seem to.

Edited by RogueLdr
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Well, aren't fire arrows still really good? Their fire damage DOT was unchanged as I recall, which means they're still insanely powerful.

Your 200-man streamer-zerg company is supposed to swarm it with your max hand to hand and un-ending wave of naked bodies, duh.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

i hit a lvl 5 Giant Snake in the head with a fire arrow and it did MAYBE 1/4 damage, that's with the fire dot running its full course... on a lvl 5

10 minutes ago, RyuujinZERO said:

Your 200-man streamer-zerg company is supposed to swarm it with your max hand to hand and un-ending wave of naked bodies, duh.

But what if they are all on coffee break when the alpha shows up?

what then?

huh? 

*mutters* Also I think half of them got distracted by a ball of string.

Would have to agree here, wild predators are just too strong right now for the tools we have available. Even with my Bear that was a good 13 levels higher then wilds on the island I was on, I was having trouble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unofficial with stats buffed unfortunately.  I couldn’t imagine playing official with the way these updates go.  I’m very impressed with the people who stick through this stuff. 

Edited by Rickyh24

1 hour ago, Ransurias said:

Well, aren't fire arrows still really good? Their fire damage DOT was unchanged as I recall, which means they're still insanely powerful.

Fire arrows still seem to do great damage to people (Which was, weirdly, the major complaint) - they kill most people in 2-3 hits. The issue is they now do 5-10% HP damage to mobs they use to kill in one arrow, so you're FAR better off with guns, which were also nerfed to take 2-3 bullets more then before.

Oil jars do nothing - hit something with it it just splatters.

Gonna try the "buffed" throwing knives tonight.

I agree with most people they need to remove the huge gun damage debuff that mobs take - guns do the same damage, mobs got a damage reduction added (10$ says they accidentally added the dinos take 70% damage from guns tag to them from ark).

Are they unoffical with enough grid so that sailing is not sub par? I'm genuinely interested, as i only tried offi. I remember i never played offi in ark though, but the first few days. Are they a lot of unofficial with at least 6x6 grids?

Edited by ExplodingYeti

3 minutes ago, ExplodingYeti said:

Are they unoffical with enough grid so that sailing is sub par? I'm genuinely interested, as i only tried offi. I remember i never played offi in ark though, but the first few days. Are they a lot of unofficial with at least 6x6 grids?

I would say the most of servers use 2x2 or 3x3, occasionly you can find 5x5 never seen a 6x6 or more. I think there will come up better and larger unofficial servers as gime goes and more rentals shows up with offerings of more grids. But for now they are rather small for your liking i presume.

1 hour ago, Rickyh24 said:

Unofficial with stats buffed unfortunately.  I couldn’t imagine playing official with the way these updates go.  I’m very impressed with the people who stick through this stuff. 

To be fair most of us understand the iteration process. We paid to stick through this stuff.

Edited by Nari

2 hours ago, Ransurias said:

:skull: JUST SHUT UP RIGHT NOW THE GAME IS BROKEN TO THE POINT UNPLAYABLE AND YOU DEFENDING IT WHEN PEOPLE ARE ABOUT TO UNINSTALL :skull:

JUST SHUT UP

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RyuujinZERO said:

BODY SLAM them, there should be a skill tree dedicated to body slamming. Imagine all those 200 ppl pile up on some armored guy.

2 hours ago, RogueLdr said:

i hit a lvl 5 Giant Snake in the head with a fire arrow and it did MAYBE 1/4 damage, that's with the fire dot running its full course... on a lvl 5

Regular arrow headshots for low level mobs, shooting the ground in front of alpha's with for arrows is the way to go.

It'd be neat to use a pirate's Cutlass and pistol in a pirate game, but right now, the stone age is the way to play.

4 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

My point was, if fire arrows are so op, why does it take 4 to kill a low lvl mob?

Well, isn't the damage percentage-based to a certain degree? Doesn't matter how much health a mob has.

58 minutes ago, Nari said:

To be fair most of us understand the iteration process. We paid to stick through this stuff.

yup I did the same. I understand it well. Still gotta be impressed by people willing to waste hours and hours with official rates at the moment only to watch 30 hours of work go poof when changing grids. 

1 minute ago, Rickyh24 said:

yup I did the same. I understand it well. Still gotta be impressed by people willing to waste hours and hours with official rates at the moment only to watch 30 hours of work go poof when changing grids. 

All part of the process. Shouldn't get attached to progression when everything is subject to change especially when the devs have the rep that WC/GS does. Those that do are setting themselves up to rage quit and end up here complaining.

Blunderbuss is about the only viable weapon for killing enemies now. Carbine maybe if you can reliably get headshots (which is impossible because hitboxes in this game suck). One blunderbuss shot to the face will usually kill anything except alphas.

10 minutes ago, Nari said:

All part of the process. Shouldn't get attached to progression when everything is subject to change especially when the devs have the rep that WC/GS does. Those that do are setting themselves up to rage quit and end up here complaining.

Right.  Like I said I understand what this game is.  Still impressive to me.  That’s not going to change.  

12 minutes ago, Garfy said:

Blunderbuss is about the only viable weapon for killing enemies now. Carbine maybe if you can reliably get headshots (which is impossible because hitboxes in this game suck). One blunderbuss shot to the face will usually kill anything except alphas.

Some enemies have decent headshot hitboxes, such as wolves and lions. Others don't seem to have headshot hitboxes / multipliers at all. I don't think I recall a single instance where headshots gave me extra damage against bears, giraffes, elephants, boars, and rhinos.

Edited by Ransurias

13 minutes ago, Ransurias said:

Some enemies have decent headshot hitboxes, such as wolves and lions. Others don't seem to have headshot hitboxes / multipliers at all. I don't think I recall a single instance where headshots gave me extra damage against bears, giraffes, elephants, boars, and rhinos.

I've gotten a few on elephants were arrows did 2-3x damage.

You need to hit them in the eye from weird angles.

1 hour ago, RogueLdr said:

My point was, if fire arrows are so op, why does it take 4 to kill a low lvl mob?

And why does it take more shots from a carbine / balistae / Cannon / Pistol to kill the mob???  4 shots compared to every other method is greatly over powered!!!