Is it possible to solo treasure maps or does it have to be done with a group? I ask this as I play atlas mostly solo and want to know before I go treasure hunting and end up very dead.

So the easy ones you can solo sure, especially if you have a tame although I haven't tried since the nerf.  Anything bigger than the common ones that net you like 100 gold and you are likely gonna have problems if you don't use some placed turrets/tames.  Prepatch a lvl 20 tiger with rider could take the common maps on it's own, will have to test again later but I imagine it will be much the same.

The army of the damned have atrocious pathfinding... just find a small hill to stand on and they can't get to you. Just make sure you take out the archers first. 

Have solo'd a legendary map and you just need fire arrows and run around kiting them. It's hilariously bad/easy

• Like 3

If you use fire arrow (easiest way) you should know that a direct hit won't do shit (ye i know it make no fucking sense but whatever, it's how it work), you actually need to aim at their feet so it light a fire under them (most of the time they will walk on it if you aim close enough).

I needed someone to explain and show me, that's why i take a few minute to post here.

I dont like fire arrows.

They never seem to have required effect for me and sometimes I catch fire myself killing me...

Insted using regular arrows and max Knowledge of the old ones, for max dps on them whatever you use.

Lately I moved to firearms pistols and rifles..did quite nicely up to green maps.not sure after the current patch nerf thou.

I always concentrate clearing the area of hostile mobs like snakes and crocs or even pesky bees,then I move to archers,swordsman and boxers lastly I do the heavy armor ones.

1 minute ago, darcek said:

I dont like fire arrows.

They never seem to have required effect for me and sometimes I catch fire myself killing me...

Insted using regular arrows and max Knowledge of the old ones, for max dps on them whatever you use.

Lately I moved to firearms pistols and rifles..did quite nicely up to green maps.not sure after the current patch nerf thou.

I always concentrate clearing the area of hostile mobs like snakes and crocs or even pesky bees,then I move to archers,swordsman and boxers lastly I do the heavy armor ones.

Ye you need to check it out since every firearm has been redone again. 

Someone I know was doing the maps using grenades. I've yet to make and throw one, but apparently the army of the dead blow up nicely 🙂

You can solo the group. If you're alone, fire arrow the arrows and run around in plate pelting the little guys then blunderbuss the big guy down to dead (melee him as he drops to murder his armour - they're vulnerable when going into the ground but not when coming out).

If in a group, have the guy with the map pull the melee away, shoot or melee the archers (they are weak) then pistol down the weak melee guys (they go down in 1-2 shots at the most) then blunderbuss and pistol the big guy (2 hits and 1 pistol usually murders him if you do it right).

The pistol dmg nerf actually does more damage vs these guys now since it pens armour.

3 hours ago, Nightwish said:

Is it possible to solo treasure maps or does it have to be done with a group? I ask this as I play atlas mostly solo and want to know before I go treasure hunting and end up very dead.

First time that i went for a treasure, i was alone, i killed 5 damned soldiers but the captain kill me. So then i hire a NPC, used him as bait and I kill all soldiers with my spear, i did that like 2 or 3 more times.

Hey has anyone tried with tames before and after? Also I heard the xp was nerfed and you only get like 1/10th the xp?

I use fire arrows and pistols..solo'd one the other day netted almost 1k gold. When they pop shoot fire arrows at there feet while spawning, the weaker ones will die. Look for hill or rock to stand on helps, kite if you can . I use 4 to 5 pistols so what's left after fire arrows I just blow away with pistol..... Aim for the head body shots don't do as much especially on warriors almost no DMG for body shots must be headshot

Edited by Hackjob

17 hours ago, ExplodingYeti said:

If you use fire arrow (easiest way) you should know that a direct hit won't do shit (ye i know it make no fucking sense but whatever, it's how it work), you actually need to aim at their feet so it light a fire under them (most of the time they will walk on it if you aim close enough).

I needed someone to explain and show me, that's why i take a few minute to post here.

*puts finger to lips* ssssh don't mention this again or they will nerf it

19 hours ago, Nightwish said:

can be done so but i will need to cheese the ai 

group is easier and more efficient as can split them up  i will be doing them with alliance members 

Edited by uli

Cant solo green now.

I got my face kicked in:

summery: missed zero distance shots(they have bad hit boxes+lag+mini game mostly fail),shots that do land do minor damage,even with the freking Shoutgun..

And archers are OP now,their rate of fire increase to machine guns,they cut you down in no time..

Edited by darcek

6 minutes ago, darcek said:

Не могу соло зеленый сейчас.

Я получил удар по лицу:

Летом: пропущенные выстрелы с нулевого расстояния (у них плохие хитбоксы + лаг + мини-игра в большинстве случаев терпят неудачу), выстрелы, которые наносят удар по земле, наносят небольшой урон, даже с шутганом-френгом

И теперь лучники - это ОП, их скорострельность увеличивается до пулеметов, они мгновенно уничтожают вас ...

You need armor and more hp (if you want solo treasure hunt)

14 hours ago, John said:

Hey has anyone tried with tames before and after? Also I heard the xp was nerfed and you only get like 1/10th the xp?

Ye a lot of the time some random guy showed with a mounted tame while i was doing maps, and they helped so it's probably possible.

1 minute ago, a1rum said:

You need armor and more hp (if you want solo treasure hunt)

Before this v10 patch I had no issues. Ive sent developers the vid hoping they lay back a bit,not everyone is in group or have all skills to make armor etc..

8 minutes ago, darcek said:

Cant solo green now.

I got my face kicked in:

summery: missed zero distance shots(they have bad hit boxes+lag+mini game mostly fail),shots that do land do minor damage,even with the freking Shoutgun..

And archers are OP now,their rate of fire increase to machine guns,they cut you down in no time..

Watched the video. Yes, the guns suck now. Yes, the thier hitboxes are so meh. Yes, the blunerbuss can barely hit anything without them stoping in place. But complaining about being destroyed by archers as a naked?, please, if don't want to bother getting armor, health and equilibrium buff for those encounters then don't complain about being anihilated.

9 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

if don't want to bother getting armor, health and equilibrium buff for those encounters then don't complain about being anihilated.

I dont complain Ive reported,and OP asked for info on solo encounter.

If I sound salty is cause I am.It worked fine before,there was a challenge,I died many times but still was doable. Now its not.well the green maps at least,havnt tried yet with the low ones,hopefully theyr still viable.

Been Solo is different then group play.This is intended for solo players info not someone who has friend that can craft him armor and another to invest in weight while he goes all combat health..

Some of us do mitigation and try to find the sweet spot in between(it was viable until now,now its not thats the point),if this game to be only  group play thats fine,if they are fine tuning,which they are then maybe they'll consider solo player as well..

The developers will have final say,just like they did in ARK.

Edited by darcek

6 minutes ago, darcek said:

I dont complain Ive reported,and OP asked for info on solo encounter.

Been Solo is different then group play.This is intended for solo players info not someone who has friend that can craft him armor and another to invest in weight while he goes all combat health..

Some of us do mitigation and try to find the sweet spot in between(it was viable until now,now its not thats the point),if this game to be only  group play thats fine,if they are fine tuning,which they are then maybe they'll consider solo player as well..

The developers will have final say,just like they did in ARK.

..., being  asolo player too. Using a blunderbuss and 2 pistols for maps. Using fur armor. All common quality. No tames, friends or neighbours helping. Don't have anything that was crafted by someone else except fur armor which we could craft by self but while buying organic paste, our neighbour was kind enough to also craft that armor. We have perks to craft tools, weapons, armor and medium ships, there's no need for anyone helping. Also not doing maps now, guns suck and don't wanna waste fur armor durability on maps as tundra have no sap.

Edited by Nightstrasza

Sometimes when i try to dig up the chest it says there is guardians left that i have to kill but i cant see any around. What i'am i doing wrong ?

22 minutes ago, JC67 said:

Sometimes when i try to dig up the chest it says there is guardians left that i have to kill but i cant see any around. What i'am i doing wrong ?

you are not doing anything wrong, this is just another bug grapeshot isn't fixing