Ransurias

Why were firearms nerfed into oblivion against creatures?

This wasn't stated in the patch notes, and I truly believe firearms were balanced beforehand (less DPS than bows, but more one-shot potential, and firearms can't be used underwater like bows can). Bit perplexed at the moment. 🤔

• Like 2

Agreed, as if hyperaggressive predators weren't already obnoxious, let's make them tanky AF too! I haven't seen anyone asking for anything but the opposite of this, maybe I just missed those posts? I guess there must have been someone somewhere going, "I like being steamrolled by hordes of crocs! It makes me feel alive! They need to be tougher though, I don't want to have a chance in hell of beating them!" and the devs were like, "This guy is ON to something here, let's do this!"  🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

Agreed, as if hyperaggressive predators weren't already obnoxious, let's make them tanky AF too! I haven't seen anyone asking for anything but the opposite of this, maybe I just missed those posts? I guess there must have been someone somewhere going, "I like being steamrolled by hordes of crocs! It makes me feel alive! They need to be tougher though, I don't want to have a chance in hell of beating them!" and the devs were like, "This guy is ON to something here, let's do this!"  🤦‍♂️

I'd be tempted to laugh at that if these changes weren't so misery-inducing, pointless, and comically ridiculous. I can't recall a SINGLE person ever complaining that firearms needed to be nerfed against creatures. At this point, I'm still holding out hope that it's simply a bug. How stupid is it that a carbine shot can no longer OHK a measly little scorpion or turtle?

Carbines have retained some of their usefulness due to the fact that they can still one-shot most wolves with headshots, but pistols and blunderbusses are in a terrible, terrible spot right now and there's really no point in using them.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ransurias said:

I'd be tempted to laugh at that if these changes weren't so misery-inducing, pointless, and comically ridiculous. I can't recall a SINGLE person ever complaining that firearms needed to be nerfed against creatures. At this point, I'm still holding out hope that it's simply a bug. How stupid is it that a carbine shot can no longer OHK a measly little scorpion or turtle?

Carbines have retained some of their usefulness due to the fact that they can still one-shot most wolves with headshots, but pistols and blunderbusses are in a terrible, terrible spot right now and there's really no point in using them.

I'm still betting 10$ they added "wild dinos take 70% damage from firearms" buff from ark to wild creatures by mistake during this patch.

It also does twice less damage to naked players. No point in armor now...

Here's a video I uploaded showcasing the new firearms in action. I can no longer one-shot some predators with my carbine, and one level 27 wolf I engaged earlier took a headshot with both my pistol and carbine without dying, so I had to punch him a couple of times to finish him off.

3 hours ago, Ransurias said:

This wasn't stated in the patch notes, and I truly believe firearms were balanced beforehand (less DPS than bows, but more one-shot potential, and firearms can't be used underwater like bows can). Bit perplexed at the moment. 🤔

It wasn't in the patch notes because it is a bug (saw this mentioned in a separate thread). The nerf was only supposed to be for PVP, not player vs mobs, or tames vs mobs.

It will likely be fixed with the next patch.

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

It wasn't in the patch notes because it is a bug (saw this mentioned in a separate thread). The nerf was only supposed to be for PVP, not player vs mobs, or tames vs mobs.

It will likely be fixed with the next patch.

I don't get it. Wasn't this patch supposed to buff firearms in PvP by making armor less useful against bullets?

I can understand why guns can't be used underwater. But bows are very weak as is and to add multi sharks makes underwater annoying. It's already impossible to stand toe to toe with an alpha. But with an alpha shark, come on

1 minute ago, Ransurias said:

I don't get it. Wasn't this patch supposed to buff firearms in PvP by making armor less useful against bullets?

Yeah, that's what gets me. Basically what we're told they did was decrease the base damage of guns and increased the armor pen damage. Tada! More effective against armor, but guess what? Substantially less effective against unarmored targets. Way to think it through Devs.

So apparently now you're better off naked when facing guns, and creatures who are naked all the time get to laugh off your bullets before they rip you to shreds. 

Yep. I used to carry 6 pistols because theres wolves everywhere and now its BARELY possible to kill a 3 pack in which they spawn unless you get 6 headshots in a row. 

Not to mention the alpha spawn situation. They're everywhere still and not worth the arrows or bullets to kill. Cant use tames outside the base because they OBLITERATE tames and even worse yet, the alphas kill off the spawn so you cant even find replacements. 

I guess ill give this game a couple weeks before logging in. It's not really playable

Edited by Fix this
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ransurias said:

They are trying everything they can think of to run off those who haven't already quit.