Sign in to follow this  
Hector of Troy

PvE is the better version of the game

11 minutes ago, Hector of Troy said:

I think thats one of the issues. No ship battles. The majority of fights I have been in or seen have been on land contesting a spam based claim system.

Without some reason to make trade routes there is no way to predict where people will go or head to. Which in reality there are should be routes you can estimate. But without that and the number of SotD, the sailing is mostly a PvE experience anyway. PvP really is limiting where fights happen.

One of the issues I see with PvE, is exactly what you pointed out - no ship battles, and the only ship battles are against those of the damned. This means that because there are only ship battles against ships of the damned, the ship amount will keep increasing - which an issue. And the land claim system currently, in my opinion is really bad.

As we've reached concensus of before, a server with a blend between both PvE, lite-PvP and full on PvP, would be the best for the game, at least from a gameplay experience perspective.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Incarnate said:

One of the issues I see with PvE, is exactly what you pointed out - no ship battles, and the only ship battles are against those of the damned. This means that because there are only ship battles against ships of the damned, the ship amount will keep increasing - which an issue. And the land claim system currently, in my opinion is really bad.

As we've reached concensus of before, a server with a blend between both PvE, lite-PvP and full on PvP, would be the best for the game, at least from a gameplay experience perspective.

That seems like the obvious direction the game needs to go. Take the resources of the servers supporting the separate PvE and PvP experience and combine them into one world with regions with varying rulesets the further out they go. 

3 hours ago, Incarnate said:

It's an interesting thing you happen think so, because I know quite a lot of Avid PvP'ers who were playing PvP, but due to all the issues they switched to PvE.
PvP are alot worse than PvE, because there are so many bugs, glitches, OP wildlife, etc. but also especially due to cheaters, hackers, exploiters, griefers and so on, because it's a lot more difficult to survive on a PvP server, where losing everything due to a glitch or someone hacking/cheating/exploiting mechanics in the game that will give unfair advantages, means a heck a of a lot more, as you've likely spent a great deal more effort on that.

Bottomline is, there are a lot of avid PvP players who have played a good deal on the PvP servers, but realized it in such a bad situation right now, that efforts would be better spent playing PvE. Where I'm currently only playing on a PvP server, and I fully understand why people are fed up with all the issues. If you cannot see this, then don't bother responding, because that clearly shows that you and I would not be on a compatible wavelength.

Theres a name for ppl like this: PvE'ers.

Hey I'm not judging, if you cant handle the heat u should go to the carebear server. Its a bit like if I see a guy wearing a seethrough vest and glitter pants with a bumflap and he insists hes actually straight (PvE'ers in a nutshell), im not gonna judge but obviously a bit misguided lol

Edited by MightySheep

3 hours ago, Incarnate said:

It's an interesting thing you happen think so, because I know quite a lot of Avid PvP'ers who were playing PvP, but due to all the issues they switched to PvE.
PvP are alot worse than PvE, because there are so many bugs, glitches, OP wildlife, etc. but also especially due to cheaters, hackers, exploiters, griefers and so on, because it's a lot more difficult to survive on a PvP server, where losing everything due to a glitch or someone hacking/cheating/exploiting mechanics in the game that will give unfair advantages, means a heck a of a lot more, as you've likely spent a great deal more effort on that.

Bottomline is, there are a lot of avid PvP players who have played a good deal on the PvP servers, but realized it in such a bad situation right now, that efforts would be better spent playing PvE. Where I'm currently only playing on a PvP server, and I fully understand why people are fed up with all the issues. If you cannot see this, then don't bother responding, because that clearly shows that you and I would not be on a compatible wavelength.

Why would PvP players play on a PvE server because PvP is not handable for them? When it is they will switch back to PvP, making all the work in PvE obselete. 

• Like 1

If the game were setup like EVE, as others have suggested, I would enjoy it a lot more. Every single night since launch I get killed and bed destroyed. I play at least 6 hours a day and I've had to restart every single day because of how easy it is to just put someone back at square one. If I wanted to play Rust and put up with this insanity I would have just played that. You can't create a community in a supposed MMO like this if you can't even login and expect to keep progress from the previous night. All other full-loot MMO games (Albion, UO, EVE, etc.) have some kind of system in place where you won't lose anything when logged out. Just one of the "features" that needs to be shed from its ARK foundation.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:40 PM, noxxiouss said:

That's like your opinion mannnn

The dude abides.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MightySheep said:

Theres a name for ppl like this: PvE'ers.

Hey I'm not judging, if you cant handle the heat u should go to the carebear server. Its a bit like if I see a guy wearing a seethrough vest and glitter pants with a bumflap and he insists hes actually straight (PvE'ers in a nutshell), im not gonna judge but obviously a bit misguided lol

No substance all peacock feathers. Sign of someone bad at pvp

On 1/9/2019 at 7:02 AM, Percieval said:

Really? I'm playing PvP and most people that have been complaining over the last week are from PvE..

Why do you need to be on every thread just to be contradictory.

1 hour ago, Magicblue said:

You're a little late to the party seeing as the last post on this thread was January 10th...

14 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

You're a little late to the party seeing as the last post on this thread was January 10th...

cool?

9 hours ago, Magicblue said:

cool?

No, not really, the thread is irrelavent there's been 2 wiped And dozens of patches since, and you necro It bringing it to the top because you have to chase all of perceivals old posts. 

11 hours ago, Magicblue said:

In the first few weeks of this game, most of the complaints were from the PvE side of this game. That is a fact. Not sure what this is about, but you’re 11 months late to the party. 

• Like 1

I quit pvp to play pve for months. Where is that atlas steam charts thread, I don't wanna be late to the party.

Edited by eeeceee

On 1/9/2019 at 7:40 PM, noxxiouss said:

That's like your opinion mannnn

aint that obvious?

16 hours ago, Percieval said:

In the first few weeks of this game, most of the complaints were from the PvE side of this game. That is a fact. Not sure what this is about, but you’re 11 months late to the party. 

because PvE is stupidly broken, thats all there is to it.

On 1/10/2019 at 6:08 AM, Vorxius said:

It is true though 🙂   Us PvErs do complain.. but largely about nerfs that have come directly from PvP servers / complaints 😄

Truer words were never spoken, and prescient too considering these words were written 10 months ago.

Since that time, we've had an AoD immunity nerf, Speed Sail bonus nerf, crafting limitation nerfs, intelligence nerfs, level resets, server wipes, etc, etc....

Basically everything frustrating and counter-intuitive about PvE that isn't a software bug is because some clever jackhole on PvP figured out a way to get an upper hand against other players "by the rules" so the developers have to spend all their time firefighting the escalation, and more often than not, they just lazily apply the nerf hammer to both codebases, leaving PvE with a patchwork of bizarre limitations that defy common sense from the standpoint of co-operative engagement against the Environment.

• If you find yourself bored on a long journey in PvE, just remember you are paying the price for big PvP corps who guillotined themselves into gods so they could craft +100% speed sails against their opponents who were barely able to make +60% sails.
  • If you find yourself wondering why you can't use a crossbow or grenade against armies of the damned, just remember you are paying the price for big PvP corps who were powerleveling their ships by using swivel guns on golden age armies of the damned so they could grind their opponents to dust with insta-max level ships.
  • If you are frustrated at just how impotent Intelligence crafting has become, just remember you are paying the price for big PvP corps who supermaxxed intelligence gear to have +60% ships, armor, and weapons against their opponents.

Would any of the above have required an emergency over-nerf if it were applied to PvE? No, but because other players were getting exploited in PvP, the developers are in a death spiral of reacting fast and hard enough to stop the hemorrhaging PvP playerbase, and when there is only one big PvP fish left standing, they have to wipe the servers to re-establish some semblance of temporary balance.

Edited by Sleepinator2000
  • Like 1

Yeah pve is way better lol. This game is pretty awesome really. No complaints yet except the damn npcs firing at everything. Oh well not a big issue. I’ll just kill them if I have to.

there is literally no better feeling than knowing that when you wake up that you can pick back up where you left off.

i can only imagine how crappy this game is with pvp lol. Probably wouldn’t bother with it if it was pvp only really.

i can actually take the time to enjoy the scenery or “stop to smell the roses” so to speak. Still a really fun ride and we haven’t even bothered finishing our floating base galleon yet. Just taking our time and having fun. Awesome 

On 11/2/2019 at 5:10 PM, trqfreak350 said:

Nah, he has been that way since January but I am pretty sure the guy was talking about the whole time lol