INVALID

Captain's Log 16: Patch v10, Anti-Cheat & Support ho!

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

Aye, we're looking into the reports people have put in on the forums/discord, etc. The gun changes were made so that they would be more impactful versus higher armoured characters and as a result, their base damage was reduced. However, our gameplay team are investigating an issue where some damage multipliers may be impacting wild creatures as well as tamed.

So this makes no sense... if armor is a problem why nerf the guns? which effects ALL combat. Was it because you dont want to hurt armor vs pve? because as it stands armor is USELESS against animals. they literally dont give a crap if you got armor or not if its a predator it wins regardless

edit: 

Edited by Cpt Frisco
  • Like 2

Can the radius of buildings despawning resources be significantly reduced? Like just to the structure itself. We have islands that are now stripped of resources due to foundation spam and folks building right next to important resource nodes.

aww thanks you and congratz to all winners and also the ones who arent listed! All the screenshots, videos and fanarts were amazing and I love to scroll thru all the stuff! ❤️ 

I wouldn't count on it. It has been quite a bit since I played on an official ARK server, but last I remember PVP and PVE ARk were the same basic rules set

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Can the radius of buildings despawning resources be significantly reduced? Like just to the structure itself. We have islands that are now stripped of resources due to foundation spam and folks building right next to important resource nodes.

Yes please! The lawless regions are full of player structures. Whole forests disappeared.

@Jatheish What I would like to see in a soon upcoming patch:

To see land claims cost initial gold to place, cost gold to keep it, referred to as upkeep, where the initial cost and upkeep would be based on various factors such as how many land claims are currently owned and are they connected to the main land claims or not, how rich the land is in terms of resources and rare commodities, and so on. Claim flags would also have to be crafted as and be used as finite resource. More about it can be found here: Trade is an absolute necessity in a player driven game... Why would this be a good thing? Well for starters it would make it so players/companies can only keep what they can afford to keep, and it will automatically make players have chose between what activity to do that yields gold, like treasure hunting, focus on building and improving infrastructure to be able to gain more gold this way, trade and other potential activities could be explored. This is something that automatically puts players into the position of having to acquire gold if they want to keep their claims, which also will make players/companies decide on if the next expansion/land claim is something they can afford.

To see the skill trees and disciplines being made much more diversified, where the skill tree would emphasize more and distinguish between crafters and specialized users as per this thread the post: Armor, weapons & firearms use in the skill trees. Especially so that the game is being taken more towards reliance on others than on self-reliance and players be made less self-sufficient, as it disincentivizes trade. Because currently what we're seeing is that players are being made very self-sufficient and self-reliant, which achieves the complete opposite in regards to trade. Self-sufficiency and self-reliance is good in single player games, but in a sandbox MMO game that Atlas attempts to be, it is not.

Something I certainly would like to see fixed ASAP are mesh issues - Which in short are issues where one can be attacked through the mesh of an object or game environment, like for instance through the from beneath a cliff, the side of a ship, but also that players and animals can clip through the mesh, which without a doubt cannot be intended. Like players being able to clip through the hull of a ship, can both be used offensively but can also make players become stuck, where this often happens when attempting to climb a robe ladder on a ship.

Another thing that certainly needs to be fixed is OVERPOWERED wildlife, especially wildlife that defaults to aggressive behaviour. Aggressive animal count needs to be reduced ASAP, and the same with their respawn rate - animals respawn way too fast. Alphas needs to be moved to powernode islands or removed until game balance has reached a state where it can support it appropriately. Furthermore, I think wildlife that defaults to aggressive behaviour should only be in aggressive behaviour because their hunger is high or they've been attacked, it would at least for the time being be a good temporary fix until you narrow down how to more appropriately balance wildlife in regards to player game balance. Crocodile's are the bane of smaller ships, as it can outright kill anyone on it in a few attacks and make it insanely difficult to get rid of the menacing croc, as it will keep killing anyone that spawns in. If you can't figure out a way to deal with this issue, it's better that you disable them for now, until you can appropriately fix the issues with the crocs, same applies with aggressive wildlife.

Edited by Incarnate
Adding missing words.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Captain Varghoss said:

#1 biggest issue for me is people sinking my ships on PVE. Makes me not want to launch my ships because people are exploiting the weight bugs.

Absolutely. It is entirely possible and relatively easy to sink another players ship in PvE using the weight exploit. Why has this not been addressed? Its a simple fix (ships can't sink because of weight, at least while anchored, on PvE) and for those aware of the problem it has pretty much made PvE unplayable. I refuse to launch anything beyond a Sloop right now after someone sank out Schooner the other day with this exploit. Alpha/EA or not, its unacceptable that such an issue has remained unsolved for this long.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Absolutely. It is entirely possible and relatively easy to sink another players ship in PvE using the weight exploit. Why has this not been addressed? Its a simple fix (ships can't sink because of weight, at least while anchored, on PvE) and for those aware of the problem it has pretty much made PvE unplayable. I refuse to launch anything beyond a Sloop right now after someone sank out Schooner the other day with this exploit. Alpha/EA or not, its unacceptable that such an issue has remained unsolved for this long.  

I completely agree, this is an issue that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible, especially because on PvE you can do absolutely nothing to stop it. However what I would recommend that you do is, collect evidence (screenshots or video) if you see it happening, then report it to support and they can deal with those appropriately who've been exploiting it. But this shouldn't even be possible to do in the first place, as one would be unable to even get on board a ship with that amount of weight required to sink a ship, not even to mention that it should be impossible to move with that kind of weight.

Edited by Incarnate
Added missing words.
  • Like 1

@JatheishWipe the old stone gates!! I have an company here that spamed them so badly and now they have such an headstart...you just made them more ahead with this patch than they really are

This way a fail as an update. I recommend that you TEST your updates out before bringing them to live servers. Why do your paying customers get to be your guinea pigs? After this update, the resources on every island are now scarce as in they are no longer respawning.

Edited by vaylain

Having played ARK since the very beginning, and seeing how the early access played out there, I am more than satisfied at this point. The balance issues and bugs are frustrating, especially to a person who works for a living, however I know that the issues will be ironed out over time.  

I have gotten more than my money worth in play time and absolute fun with friends. The thrill of that first sail on a raft, then the larger ships, and the subsequent joy and danger make this a hit IMHO. 

The only drawback I have seen is the people. Trolls, ignorant 20 year olds who are going on 12, exploiters, and people who don't understand the different purposes of each play type. PVP is that.  Take all you can and win. PVE is different, learn to trade with those who have things, make room for more community.  Don't seize entire islands and hoard the resources-travel, explore, trade and be a community.  PVP is a land grab and a resource grab, it's a battle. PVE is not meant to be a land grab and one should not need to battle or have drama over resources and land. 

I wish that one needed to be approved for temperment, patience and humor when being allowed to play early access games. Those who are rude, self-entitled, and do not have the overall maturity to play an early access title should not be allowed to play until it is released. Feedback should be constructive, concise and polite.  Useful and unbiased. 

Thank you for creating a new, unique, and fascinating game. I look forward to what the future holds, the changes, balancing and additions. Sign me up for the season pass!

FHVzATF.png

• Like 3

A couple of patches in and still resource respawn bugs, no weapon damage changes...

and of course no pve sink griefing fix lol

Ok, i logged out in my base for the update, logged back in and was on my ship naked. Went to my base and saw myself asleep UNDER the floor. I had to destroy the floor, then kill my own sleeping self to loot my gear back...

I think i'm done till the next patch lol

Edited by RogueLdr

12 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We'll be investigating reports as they come in through our ticketing system and issuing sanctions where we feel like it's necessary, it takes a while to get all these systems running but we will be clearing out the trouble players. Though it shouldn't take us much longer to get BE ready, hopefully within the next few days it'll be good to set live. We just wanted to ensure that this major version was out the door first and deal with any critical issues that may arise from it. 

Could you elaborate? We're investigating reports now and whilst there are some issues and concerns we plan to address, the majority of the notes should be functional as intended as expected.

Our QA team are investigating the resource reports at the moment

Any updates on this 3 hotfixes and not one mention of resources not respawning at all. If this is a bug or intentional change fine but at least let us know. You guys are just silent on it.

• Like 1

Is there anything we need to do to claim the prize? i havent heard from anybody, someone in my twitch chat actually told me i won lol

19 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Our QA team are investigating the resource reports at the moment

@Jatheish this was the one and only comment about resources not respawning. Can you please update everyone on here and twitter if the respawn rate on lawless is going to return back to what it was or not. Rumors are floating around that this was done purposely to drive people out of lawless but if that is the case then my self and quite a few others I have spoke with on NA PVE are done. It would be a different case if there was claimable land that was a little easily survivable but there isn't. I have tried to support this game as much as I can but the lack of communication on one of the most asked questions is starting to break me down.

• Like 2

Are they working on a solution for the Ramshackled sloops and rafts self destructing when leaving the freeport map? I am stuck in freeport since the patch. 

4 minutes ago, Dirania said:

Are they working on a solution for the Ramshackled sloops and rafts self destructing when leaving the freeport map? I am stuck in freeport since the patch. 

Didn't they just fix it?, it says so in patch notes..., if doesn't work then spam Jat ping so he noticed when waking up.

Maybe those ladders are still left on borders and they cause self destruction, they might need to have some GM go and clear all of that manualy.

Edited by Nightstrasza