Sign in to follow this  
Imperceptions

I don't think the chat system is adequate

Atlas, being much larger and MMO-based, I don't feel like the chat system is adequate. The inability to mute players, the inability to private message, and turn off global chats just ends up with a steady stream of racist garbage and absolute trash. I ended up turning on the hide and essentially never opening it. It wasn't so bad in Ark when there were substantially less people at a time, but on the PVP server the chat is basically non-functional most times. In my opinion, the chat system right now is more of a hindrance than an actual benefit to the game. I think we'd really benefit from the following changes:

• Ability to turn off global
  • Tabs for chat types (like in most MMOs)
  • The ability to private message (not just company/alliance/local cycling)
  • The ability to report spammers
  • A mute option for specific players
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the devs had in mind that voice is overwhelmingly primary and that chat is at best something you use sporadically (for example, just for global map chat).  Perhaps for the ARK scale of server community, that was okay.

But ATLAS is at the MMO scale, and at that level you need a robust text chat system, as you just can't voice chat with everyone all the time. Especially for trade, personal messaging via text is a must too.

They need to make it where if you are chatting with your company, you dont have to press tab again once you open chat back up.