Sign in to follow this  
ThisWayisUP

Can't reverse ship anymore? Stuck now?

Did this break with the patch? Can't reverse and it does not look like i am stuck into the ground or something... But as i cant reverse i AM stuck.

stucksloop1.jpg

Just turn the rudder with the sails at 0, you will turn in place, real slow but you will turn in place.  IF the ship can fit.

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Just turn the rudder with the sails at 0, you will turn in place, real slow but you will turn in place.  IF the ship can fit.

Unfortunatly it wont turn all the way, not enough space.. Only space here is to go in frontal or backwards.. 😞

Edited by ThisWayisUP

This is where they should revert the wind "fix" and let us sail backwards if the wind is right.   Or at least pull a ship with a dingy and a few people rowing and grappling hooks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThisWayisUP said:

Yeah but if the reverse option was just working it would also be good xD

The problem with sailing ships is they dont really have a reverse.  They had to rely on the sails and the wind or have longboats pull them.

Nothing in this game is like IRL and it is an option in the game that worked until today, at least in this case.
So thats not a problem at all, the problem is it doesnt work. Reverse is an option in the game.

i would not mind a total simulator according how stuff works IRL btw but then everything in the game should be removed lol.

Edited by ThisWayisUP

Got it out eventually, but it still does not back up at all.

Is the reverse parking option only working for handling sails?
I have multiple sloops, all with medium handling sail back up, the one with a medium speed sail does not..

Edited by ThisWayisUP

Was the answer to this problem ever figured out? I'm currently having the same problem. Nothing touching the boat, but can't back up. tried backing up on other ships and it works fine. i can turn back and forth on the one that's stuck but not all the way around without damaging the hull. So I'm stuck until I can back up.

4 minutes ago, Neokai said:

Was the answer to this problem ever figured out? I'm currently having the same problem. Nothing touching the boat, but can't back up. tried backing up on other ships and it works fine. i can turn back and forth on the one that's stuck but not all the way around without damaging the hull. So I'm stuck until I can back up.

I had this same problem when blown ashore by a 'hurricane' and got jammed between a pier and a sloop.  The only reason I got out was the owner of the sloop moved it which gave me the space to turn around.

It appears that if you are in shallow water, even though the hull is not touching the bottom, reverse is disabled.

Actually you always have the option of moving ships with poles or towing with ropes from land.  Ships were moved this way too when in confined spaces.

When Reverse stops working on my server, a grid server bounce fixes the issue. The only need to bounce the one grid and reverse works again. 

I have run into this a few times now. I have managed to fix it every time by opening the sails a tiny bit and then immediately furling them again. The reverse function then starts working. Not sure if this is related to having NPC crew on sails, have not yet tested that. But I suspect it may be just that.

I've had it happen both with and without npc's.  Got stuck in an inlet yesterday with a brig.  Had to rip half the planks to bits turning it around because it wouldn't back up.

Tested on my 3 speed sail brig and its working fine for me, so it doesn't seem like they changed anything, double check you still have S as your back key in controls but other than that I'm stumped sorry