Sign in to follow this  
Case of the Scurvy

Im gonna throw this out there

I understand its EA, i know what i signed up for and feel good about the future of this game. But it seems with every patch major issues pop up such as losing boats and what not. While i cannot be mad might i suggest the addition of open test servers? You know to lessen the rage quits?...  

Just sayin. 

• Thanks 1

We are on test servers. Thats pretty much the definition of Early Access, you are testing and providing feedback, when the game is fully released then yeah test servers would be a no brainer

2 minutes ago, JasonYork said:

We are on test servers. Thats pretty much the definition of Early Access, you are testing and providing feedback, when the game is fully released then yeah test servers would be a no brainer

Either way, lots and lots of people do not understand this alpha, EA or not sinking countless hours in building a gall or brig only to have it blow up at zone is disheartening at the least regardless. A small test server prior to a live push would be a healthy addition. I think its time that we understand that EA is just how games are relased today. 

Or GrapeCard™ could release patches that showed any signs whatsoever that there was an internal testing process in place, which to date is a hard thing to argue. Even in EA, there is supposed to be internal testing, and some of the reasons you've mentioned are some of the reasons why.

11 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

I understand its EA, i know what i signed up for and feel good about the future of this game. But it seems with every patch major issues pop up such as losing boats and what not. While i cannot be mad might i suggest the addition of open test servers? You know to lessen the rage quits?...  

Just sayin. 

That is what wildcard does. During the three years of ark every single update came with a new bug. Every one.

the are the tester type of developers. They are the trial an error type of developers.

they throw it out there if is doesn’t work they will adjust it in the next patch notes. If it still doesn’t work they will adjust it again in the patch notes after.

it will be common to see the same mechanic multiple times in patch notes. So far the sea of the damned is one of them.

it will become more noticeable later on but now that you know their type at least you will see a lot clearer 

tengo un problema al  iniciar el juego no me deja me sale un error como si le le faltara el archivos de juego lo compre en steam el dia 6/1/19 alguna solucion

hola buenas tardes llevo desde el domingo 1/1/19 intentar jugar a atlas compre por medio en steam porque soy muy aficionado a ark ya otros juegos de supervivencia y me sale un error del juego necesito solucionarlo para jugar el error es The shader global archivo de caché D; / ATLAS / steamapps / common / ATLAS / Engine /globalshadercache- Falta el archivo PCD3_DSM4.bin.

está ejecutando una versión del buit de la aplicación para cargar solo el contenido COOKED; sin embargo, no se encontró contenido COOKED. Considere el contenido de la cocina para esta compilación, o cree y ejecute la versión UNCOOKED de la aplicación. de este juego

6 hours ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

I understand its EA, i know what i signed up for [...]

Then you should know that these basically are the test servers. They will either be wiped or labeled legacy eventually.

28 minutes ago, Nari said:

Then you should know that these basically are the test servers. They will either be wiped or labeled legacy eventually.

That is not known, Ark didnt wipe. Ya know. There is no guarantee that servers will be wiped on release although likely its not for certain.

And yes i do know but that doesnt stop the onslaught of i quit this game post or your game sucks post does it?  Once you get done with a galleon and lose it to a bug soon as you set sail probably not gonna be a tester anymore are ya. I guess you see my point. And in today's day and age games that dont come out as EA are rare af. Its time we realize that since we pay to test that EA pretty much is just how games are relased these days. 

2 hours ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Once you get done with a galleon and lose it to a bug soon as you set sail probably not gonna be a tester anymore are ya. I guess you see my point. 

I've already lost progress and am still here. I know what I paid for. I know what I signed up for. I'm familiar with the devs and ARKs history. It used to be a privilege to have early access as an unpaid tester. Thanks to Steam it is now common practice to pay for said privilege. We did not buy a product nor the promise of one. We bought access to the unfinished idea with access to updates and benefits such as 50% off the final retail.

Edited by Nari

1 hour ago, Nari said:

I've already lost progress and am still here. I know what I paid for. I know what I signed up for. I'm familiar with the devs and ARKs history. It used to be a privilege to have early access as an unpaid tester. Thanks to Steam it is now common practice to pay for said privilege. We did not buy a product nor the promise of one. We bought access to the unfinished idea with access to updates and benefits such as 50% off the final retail.

Me too... im just saying look around.  A small test server wouldnt hurt