Imperialistisch

Sleeping bodys contesting

it makes no sense that Sleeping bodys are contesting your territory ... disabled it cuz that is just broken how do u want to claim land if one body is enough to contest a Territory  ... it's even contesting when it's somebody of a DIFFERENT company is sleeping nearby the flagg ... that makes no fkin sense, how u wanna claim territory on a PVE server when u just can place sleeping body all over the island ???? .... this game isn't even rdy for early access...

Edited by Imperialistisch

It should stay, if want to be a coward offlining then bust thro the wall and kill sleepers as if was not easy enough already.

EDIT: To that edited in PvE part, also staying in, we are not goign to be online 24/7 an don't want some griefer to steal our 100+ hours of work bcs had to sleep.

Edited by Nightstrasza
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

It should stay, if want to be a coward offlining then bust thro the wall and kill sleepers as if was not easy enough already.

EDIT: To that edited in PvE part, also staying in, we are not goign to be online 24/7 an don't want some griefer to steal our 100+ hours of work bcs had to sleep.

BURH thats a whole different company who is contesting

the owner of the territory left to a other server ... if the ppl are inactive for too long the territorys should also be able to be claimed ... or do u like a PVE server claimed by 1 company and then beeing contested every time cuz there is someone sleeping on it? and blocking a whole server from one company ??? your logic may aply to PVP but not on PVE ... but yeah ... i simply could logout into a stone hut in any claim which u want to contest and bam u wont get it ... seems like u dont want to get territory at all with your logic 

Edited by Imperialistisch

Makes no sense that you can come into someone’s territory when they are offline and litterally claim it all without having to blow through it is what you should have said.

21 hours ago, Bad News Bear said:

Makes no sense that you can come into someone’s territory when they are offline and litterally claim it all without having to blow through it is what you should have said.

i am a pve player tho .. it makes no sense that u can't claim territory of a company A when none of those is active or even on the server. And when u as company B try to claim company A's claim it doesn't work when someone lets say from company C gets close to it ... since that Contests your try to claim from Company A

If i am not mistaken, Offline players do not reset the decay counter on structures/claims

So eventually (i think its about 2 weeks total for stone) the claim and the structures can be "Auto destroyed" by anyone

So the other companies contesting it..... cant keep it alive forever, without someone from that company logging in.. it will eventually auto-decay

if not, thats how it will work in the future.. because ark's PVE eventually began doing that

A full removal of the way claims work right now with sleepers contesting it... and you would be back here telling us that the claim system needs to be changed because "you're stuff gets stolen every single night" 

Also seems to me you would possibly enjoy PVP more, as again... on those servers you can break in.. kill them.. and steal it - altho chances are when they get back on, they will counter-attack

Edited by Vertoxis

I understand your frustration, but not every company is big enough to always have people online to contest their land 24/7. Some people have jobs, kids, family. 

If a place is really abandoned the player will starve within 1-2 weeks. Then you can claim it anyway. I don't see a reason why it should be changed. 

(PVE pov here.) 

sleepers should just decay and die within 7 days of not being logged in at all, in a game where its not even a month since release and people are already 70 years old in game and the age limit is 100. its save to say if you have not logged in for even 1 minute in 7 days you are not coming back. ive got a few bases around me that i know have been abandoned but there are still sleepers inside with the overlapping flag nonsense they have a nice big chunk of land thats inactive.

People will still starve when logged out. So what you ask for is already in the game. 

1 hour ago, wakkytabbaky said:

sleepers should just decay and die within 7 days of not being logged in at all, in a game where its not even a month since release and people are already 70 years old in game and the age limit is 100. its save to say if you have not logged in for even 1 minute in 7 days you are not coming back. ive got a few bases around me that i know have been abandoned but there are still sleepers inside with the overlapping flag nonsense they have a nice big chunk of land thats inactive.

Just now, TiiaAurora said:

People will still starve when logged out. So what you ask for is already in the game. 

any idea on the time limit for it? ive seen non active sleepers that havent starved for a very long time.

4 minutes ago, wakkytabbaky said:

any idea on the time limit for it? ive seen non active sleepers that havent starved for a very long time.

My tribe mate logged out a week ago with full food and lost 50% over the week 

see in my opinion 2 weeks is a bit too long to starve, should be a week at most, or at best the longer you are logged out the more hunger it uses and the quicker you starve

1 hour ago, wakkytabbaky said:

So what your saying is people should not be allowed to go on vacations without losing all of their items? 7 days is in no way shape or form enough time to declare someone is not coming back.  There are plenty of casual gamers that will walk away from a game when they are frustrated due to a patch and come back the next week to see if things have changed, would you be happy with them coming back to someone walking all throughout their base due to the claiming system letting all of their work go to someone else?  I get that there is a limited amount of land and you want to be able to grab some up, but screwing over part of the player base to do so doesn't sound right to me.

• Like 1

everyone here is forgetting also that im talking about the sleepers that have abandoned the game , most people if active or even very casual will be in a company of 2-3 people minimum so the other people will still be keeping flags active. but for people that have abandoned completely or using inactive sleepers just to hold land its a bit silly

Edited by wakkytabbaky

7 minutes ago, wakkytabbaky said:

everyone here is forgetting also that im talking about the sleepers that have abandoned the game , most people if active or even very casual will be in a company of 2-3 people minimum so the other people will still be keeping flags active. but for people that have abandoned completely or using inactive sleepers just to hold land its a bit silly

No we are not, you are claiming 7 days is abandonment, we are stating it clearly is not.  Say you take a 5 day holiday, this means the day before and the day after minimum are likely prep/rest from the trip itself, this would be your 7 day abandonment all because they wanted to go on a vacation, dear god they must have abandoned the game right? 

Lets add the scenario of the weekend players who work throughout the week and can hardly get any time to get any gaming in during the week, they decide instead of gaming this weekend they wanted to visit their family. Must be abandonment right? 

You are 100% accounting for your wants/needs, but this leaves a good amount of players out in the rain hoping for their stuff not to be taken.  I agree the system needs work to make it better, I disagree that your solution is anywhere close to what should be done.

• Like 1

guys that guy contesting my try to claim a inactive territory wasnt in the company of the territory i tried to claim from... so basically u can have 100 random company bodies sleeping inside your territory and nobody would be able to claim your territory ... so the Territory i tried to claim from was lets say BlackFlagg and the person who prevented me from claimin was from Company YellowFlagg and that's smt i don't get .... how a 3 party Company can prevent u from claiming a inactive Territory altho the company of the territory u wanted to claim went on a different server and left the game with no sleeping body inside of their claims.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:39 AM, Imperialistisch said:

it makes no sense that Sleeping bodys are contesting your territory ... disabled it cuz that is just broken how do u want to claim land if one body is enough to contest a Territory  ... it's even contesting when it's somebody of a DIFFERENT company is sleeping nearby the flagg ... that makes no fkin sense, how u wanna claim territory on a PVE server when u just can place sleeping body all over the island ???? .... this game isn't even rdy for early access...

No.

It is the best way to prevent offline capping.  

It is pretty stupid to get capped with your character sitting there.