Sign in to follow this  
WayneKinne

Do the math, follow the money, why Atlas chases players away IMO

It is always about money, no company will continue a none profitable project, lets do the math:

40,000 per server x 4 servers ( 2 PVP and 2 PVE ) = 160,000 players

160,000 players x $30 each = $4,800,000

4.8 million dollars is not even close to enough to cover costs and profits, not even close. Remember $30 gets you this game for life, no more revenue.

OK so some will say each zone of the game is a server, A to O x 15 = 15 x 15 = 225 "servers", but for this to work each zone would to house 40,000 players, get real, 150 is too many, can you imagine 40,000 players in f7 or any other zone? LOL

So do they care they are chasing people to the delete key? No, they need paid customers to quit to make room for new subscriptions.

This is of course just IMO.

I hope I'm wrong, I love this game. I have been playing since day one and have faced all the same problems as everyone else, I hope I am wrong and they will make this game better, not worse.

There only real solution I see is for them to add servers, starting with a PVP and a PVE for China, maybe even to of each for China.

Your math is terrible. First off, why are you basing sales on max CONCURRENT users? This does not even slightly represent how much they earned. You need to look at the amount of people that purchased the game. 500k -1 million according to steamspy, obviously not very accurate.

Then you forgot to account that they will sell cosmetics even before the game is out of EA (PCGamer article and possibly other sources/interviews).

40,000 is per continent server (eg. EU PVP) not per grid. 

Edited by Lolifister
  • Like 1