Xiko

Patch is a joke?

4 hours ago, Bimbodoll said:

There's criticism and then there's "Omg you guys are drunken idiots!"

Uhm but they are!

215+ hours since release, this patch does it for me, see you when the resource respawn and temperature penalties are back the way they were. I could deal with all the bugs and imbalances when the game had visual appeal, but now that it looks like a razed junkyard, no thanks.

• Like 2

Not had chance to log on since the patch but rolling back might be an option for them.. unless all the issues are super quick to fix.

I lost everything after the patch -- everything bases, beds - the whole caboodle - spawned in freeport to start again. sigh...

J

I dont get where you all are getting that the aggressive animals are harder??  Sure they nerfed gun damage to them, but I can still kill a wolf before it even gets me below 75%.   The only thing that sucks more is the pig and bull knock back is even more stupid than before.  But that is a thing I can avoid.  

Maybe I just dont see the same things you all do.  But I also dont go out and try and fight every aggressive animal I see on the PVP server.

Jatheish one of the Devs is awake and updated on twitter that he will be looking through all the bug reports. 

4 hours ago, StockInsAug said:

We need a negative reputation button in the forum. If you dont like the game, just quit and try it again when it is released. Or stays someone behind you, holds a gun on your head and forces you to play the game?

Hey, what you expect. We're a bunch of pirates with no ships and nuttin to plunder or pillage. You have to expect some brutality. Now quit flapping yet gums and swab me deck before I demote you from cabin boy to alter boy 😂.       Too much?😎

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Xiko said:

maybe, but i have this feeling they never test one thing, they change only 1 or 2 specs and ready is the patch ! if u read this forum u know what to patch or fix if u are the developer

This is EA, we are the testers... they dont test. They come up with an idea, put it in, wait for the flaming once we all complain and they make changes again. Rinse and repeat.

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

*whispers* It's called sarcasm.

Almost as good a way to piss people off as intentionally using a font color that you know will make their eyes bleed.

I can actually read it better.... and I have better than 20/20 vision..

8 minutes ago, robjames5 said:

I can actually read it better.... and I have better than 20/20 vision..

*steals his eyeballs while he sleeps*

3 hours ago, Bimbodoll said:

Nah, the devs want this game to be as unbalanced and as broken as possible. They made it their lives goal to make patches just to annoy you specifically. That was sarcasm again btw.

u are my hero, really i never read a post like yours which is so absolutly beautifull and full of facts and ideas, 

btw i love u

kisses 

It is never good is it? People can't accept the fact that this is an early access game where we do the testing, not them. "They put out stuff without testing it first" - WE are the testers.

What I do hate is, if I was at Grapeshot and I would launch an update with balances, The next 2-10 hours after that I'd keep an eye out on the forums checking the response instead of waiting another week to balance it again. 

Post an update, check the reactions of it, adjust it - good. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

It is never good is it? People can't accept the fact that this is an early access game where we do the testing, not them. "They put out stuff without testing it first" - WE are the testers.

What I do hate is, if I was at Grapeshot and I would launch an update with balances, The next 2-10 hours after that I'd keep an eye out on the forums checking the response instead of waiting another week to balance it again. 

omg how often we need to say that? that we know the fact thats a early access, 

as an example

many people say that preds ne balance and what they do ? nerf our dmg

thats makes no sense ! or how will u complain this? its a normal question not sarkasm, 

armors doesnt work since release, 

again they do good work with ghost ships nerf and so on but some changes are like argh i cant explain why they do it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Uhm they are not listening its blatantly obvious or there totally incompetent!!!  I would have more faith that a chimpanzee could balance this game faster then these guys!

8 hours ago, Willard said:

Jesus so much rage, are u like 15 years old or just retarded? Its early access ffs. They change things every fuckin week so they can test everything before they actually release the game. Calm down jesus christ.

Bless online was early access too look how much it improved during it early access literal not at all still unbalance as fuck, poorly optimized with FPS as low as 10-20 on high end gaming rigs which can play games like BDO on max setting with 60 fps, with broken quest broken economy, and broken gearing system were you can get a piece of gear for your class that gives stats for a complete different class. Literal the term early access is just a BS excuses devs throw on to their game so idiot like you will go I'm sure it will be better it says early access after all so it has to get better right? next shit patch right? next shit patch right? next shit patch well it still early access it will get better right? 10 shit patches later it early access any day now it will get better right?

What about if another smart phone was released but with the label early access smart phone and it started exploding in people's house and starting fires and killing people but guys it OK it early access were testing the phone to see if it will kill us.

Edited by Aquila Ibis

Idk all this arguing aside i think that weapon balance is extremely out of whack and whoever keeps trying to balance it out is doing a really bad job. Just had an Alpha spawn on my othervise calm island (never seen an alpha here so far) and when i tried to shoot for the Alpha Tigers head with my Carbine from low range it just hit it like i didnt hit the head... 35 damage full 35 bloody damage. I would only need a larger miracle and about 250 bullets to kill it. 

So now after this patch, aside from the already completely useless melee weapons (did anyone from the staff actually attempt to use it on just about anything other then birds and bees?) anything other then the bow is mostly bad and a waste of points.

And then we come to the respec issue. Still not sure if its a bug or intended but not having regular respecs, or a way to respec in a game thats in early access and has regular balance changes and bugs (just had to break 4 foundations to get from under my house after the server crash). Kinda not a very good thing. 

Should be something like a trip to the freeport and 500 coins to be able to respec your character other then the leveling (which atm i am not sure if its working or not).

I'm wondering if they even think about what effect they're changes will have. "Sure there are issues with land and finding a place, sure there are single foundations scattered everywhere, but I don't like having a tree respawn next to my base, so lets change the range to, gee I don't know, how about 200 meters, that won't adversely effect anybody, I guess. Who cares, I don't want to think about it, just change it."

Edited by Pappy Green

I mean ... server crashed a while ago i ended up STUCK in someones random foundation i was nowhere near and lost all my items. 

With all these HUGE bugs they should atleast not be removing the free respec option. Aside from making every weapon ingame lame, well other then bow. 

3 hours ago, Aquila Ibis said:

Bless online was early access too look how much it improved during it early access literal not at all still unbalance as fuck, poorly optimized with FPS as low as 10-20 on high end gaming rigs which can play games like BDO on max setting with 60 fps, with broken quest broken economy, and broken gearing system were you can get a piece of gear for your class that gives stats for a complete different class. Literal the term early access is just a BS excuses devs throw on to their game so idiot like you will go I'm sure it will be better it says early access after all so it has to get better right? next shit patch right? next shit patch right? next shit patch well it still early access it will get better right? 10 shit patches later it early access any day now it will get better right?

What about if another smart phone was released but with the label early access smart phone and it started exploding in people's house and starting fires and killing people but guys it OK it early access were testing the phone to see if it will kill us.

Early access is early access, it´s unfinished, unbalanced game. Did they do shit patch? Maybe. They need feedback now and they will patch it soon (probably). So far they did a good job with every patch they implemented. I´ve already had like 130 hours of fun for 20Euros, Im pretty satisfied. ARK DLC cost more 😄

Edited by Willard

17 minutes ago, Willard said:

Early access is early access, it´s unfinished, unbalanced game. Did they do shit patch? Maybe. They need feedback now and they will patch it soon (probably). So far they did a good job with every patch they implemented. I´ve already had like 130 hours of fun for 20Euros, Im pretty satisfied. ARK DLC cost more 😄

You know Fallout 76 had an early access before it released an oh man look how greatly they didn't improve the game based on their early access version whole fuck plz stop using early access as an excuses it not it never will be.

5 hours ago, Aquila Ibis said:

You know Fallout 76 had an early access before it released an oh man look how greatly they didn't improve the game based on their early access version whole fuck plz stop using early access as an excuses it not it never will be.

So because other company messed up with Fallout 76 then Atlas is going to be the same? Wow man, wow. Thats a logic. So question is why do you even buy early access game if you know exactly it will be unplayable? 

1 minute ago, Willard said:

So because other company messed up with Fallout 76 then Atlas is going to be the same? Wow man, wow. Thats a logic. So question is why do you even buy early access game if you know exactly it will be unplayable? 

Firefall had early access too it launch with half of it promised features missing and current ones still completely broken than shut down in 2 months permanently. I can keep listing games were devs used the term early access to justify their BS product not working and how they all failed after it so called final launch. So stop letting companies use the term early access to justify their lazy BS poorly made products.

9 minutes ago, Aquila Ibis said:

Firefall had early access too it launch with half of it promised features missing and current ones still completely broken than shut down in 2 months permanently. I can keep listing games were devs used the term early access to justify their BS product not working and how they all failed after it so called final launch. So stop letting companies use the term early access to justify their lazy BS poorly made products.

If you are so acknowledged why did u buy Atlas in early access?

8 minutes ago, Willard said:

If you are so acknowledged why did u buy Atlas in early access?

I didn't buy and early access product there no such thing as buying and early access product if i buy the product and can play the game the sec i buy it  whether changes happen or not the end of the day it not and early access product. It would be consider early access if they actual had and alpha, and beta phase with restricting public access to small group of people for testing purposes to get feedback and refine the game but the sec anyone can swipe their credit card download the game within sec of swiping their credit card and playing it without any restrictions it no longer becomes and early access product it is the product. I mean fuck with your logic stardew valley is and early access product, BDO is and early access product, craft the world is and early access product etc etc.

Edited by Aquila Ibis

I did the mistake to log in open a door...

alpha female lion lvl 197 aggroed

after +50 shots with firearms + 50 stonearrow lion was half life

out of food and water and ammo stuck in fort and Lion eating doors walls and large storage...

so nice patch i tried to relog and Lion was eating the Phare by 162 hits  in rafale, it was the stone floor under the phare in fact

all this on off serv EU-PVE 😄

the good point Lion dont eating ships anymore since i repoped on ship and aggroed 

Edited by Aztro