Sign in to follow this  
Mrskinny

Gun's Nerfed in PvE?

Does anyone else feel that the guns are seriously under powered since 10.41?

For example:

I used to be able to kill a level 3 Scorpion easily with a well aimed pistol shot to the head. Now it takes 2-3 and 2 shots with a Carbine. Scaling up, I don't know how my Company is going to handle Alpha's on are island anymore. I understand if the Guns where too OP in PvP but we need them back to the way they were in PvE.

Thoughts?

Guns were nerf for both PVE and PVP they do the same dmg to someone in full armor in version 10.42 than in version 9.43 literal the exact same. What the deves did was double their armor pen power, but half their dmg so the end result is we have guns that already fucking sucked doing half their original dmg to nakes and animals thus making them completely useless to kill animals in PVE and nakes now in PVP. But they still do the same 20-30 dmg per shot to someone in full armor which is a joke especially sense I have 160 HP on my toon. It would literal take someone 6-8 shots to kill me which is 1.5-2.66 mins to kill me and that assume they don't miss once or i don't use something to heal my self fucking joke. Which according to their patches notes shouldn't be the case but after testing it for 10s is the fucking case there for did the devs even test this patch in anyway shape or form before deploying it? And to that question i can definitely say no they fucking didn't because if they did this perfect example of how gun dmg works right now would not be possible if the patch notes were even suppose to be correct.

"- Armour effectiveness and some values have been adjusted so that firearms are more useful in PVP" What the patch note actually says about gun dmg either no testing was done to confirm this or that useful is a typo for useless.

Edited by Aquila Ibis
  • Like 1

Guns and other fire arms was nerfed, i confirm this, btw animals dont have plate armor, or maybe they have ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kolonelu said:

Guns and other fire arms was nerfed, i confirm this, btw animals dont have plate armor, or maybe they have ?

Players have plate armor i play on a PVP server and this patch to so call buff guns in PVP also only nerfs it in PVP and buffs the naked fire arrow spam tactic which was already OP as fuck before this patch and is just stronger now.

Edited by Aquila Ibis

1 hour ago, kolonelu said:

Alphas has armor, so guns should be "kind of" viable option for alphas.... If not for properly used fire arrows, where I can kill alpha using around 4 arrows -. -  
Weapon balance is so out of whack right now, that it will change multiple times - for that i have no doubts. 

Imho next step will be for them to nerf fire damage from stepping into the fire and we will be completely screwed for a while, unable to kill anything with any kind of time effciency. After that they will start actually fixing the situation and buff stuff like guns, cannons, etc. God knows for how long we will have roller-coaster with this stuff... At least this is what i think will happen.

• Like 1

I was hanging in there waiting for them to fix some incredibly broken stuff; like crocs attacking through walls and ship hulls, people sinking ships in PvE etc. and I managed to find strategies for handling crocs, wolves etc solo on foot without dying, so the game was at least 'playable' for me, even if often annoying.

And yet apparently the most broken thing they felt they needed to fix with highest priority, was that some players were actually surviving against the wildlife solo.

Honestly, Grapeshot feels like one of those sadistic DM's in a game of D&D who think it's their mission to kill all of their players expediently. And when they survive their incredibly unfair encounters, the DM gets angry and keeps upping the ante; throwing more mobs, more dangerous foes, less tools to defend themselves, no matter how absurd or immersion breaking.

I'm done with this campaign and going to find a less abusive DM.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RyuujinZERO said:

I was hanging in there waiting for them to fix some incredibly broken stuff; like crocs attacking through walls and ship hulls, people sinking ships in PvE etc. and I managed to find strategies for handling crocs, wolves etc solo on foot without dying, so the game was at least 'playable' for me, even if often annoying.

And yet apparently the most broken thing they felt they needed to fix with highest priority, was that some players were actually surviving against the wildlife solo.

Honestly, Grapeshot feels like one of those sadistic DM's in a game of D&D who think it's their mission to kill all of their players expediently. And when they survive their incredibly unfair encounters, the DM gets angry and keeps upping the ante; throwing more mobs, more dangerous foes, less tools to defend themselves, no matter how absurd or immersion breaking.

I'm done with this campaign and going to find a less abusive DM.

Salt is strong in this one. I'm sorry to say, but you don't need guns to survive, guns are nice by real DPS comes from fire. You need fire arrows and you need to learn how to use them with extreme efficiency. They are still OP and by nerfing guns they are becoming even more OP than ever. And this is what will probably be nerfed next 😉 And then if my guesses are correct this salt will have cause because we will lose next to last effective weapons. Assuming mortal is even an option against wildlife.

1 hour ago, Elrood said:

Salt is strong in this one. I'm sorry to say, but you don't need guns to survive, guns are nice by real DPS comes from fire. You need fire arrows and you need to learn how to use them with extreme efficiency. They are still OP and by nerfing guns they are becoming even more OP than ever. And this is what will probably be nerfed next 😉 And then if my guesses are correct this salt will have cause because we will lose next to last effective weapons. Assuming mortal is even an option against wildlife.

Teach us master how to use fire arrows for me they make 8 dps and is pure crap, but maybe u know the way to use fire arrows, teach us master !

10 minutes ago, kolonelu said:

Teach us master how to use fire arrows for me they make 8 dps and is pure crap, but maybe u know the way to use fire arrows, teach us master !

Don't fire into creatures. Fire at the ground and kite creature into fire. It will do way more damage than firing directly at creature. Game apply different damage for stepping into fire and for being lit by fire arrow. At least i hope it still does. Can't check for few more hours.... 😞 Its harder, especially with faster creatures, but way more cost and time effective.

• Like 1

Flame arrows are also completely useless against creatures in water; you know, like crocs attacking your boat, which makes up at least half the fights I have to deal with living in a desert archipelago. The only real valid strategy against that is to climb the crows nest and snipe them from above with firearms.

Edited by RyuujinZERO

6 hours ago, RyuujinZERO said:

Flame arrows are also completely useless against creatures in water; you know, like crocs attacking your boat, which makes up at least half the fights I have to deal with living in a desert archipelago. The only real valid strategy against that is to climb the crows nest and snipe them from above with firearms.

Truth be told I never fight crocodiles in water. The most successful i was (not against alphas, those are imho possible only with firearms) was with metal spear. Crocs in water has hard time biting player swimming up and down, while player can easily utilize spear.  But yeah, you are right, its not the best approach. Guns here are the only option 😞 

8 hours ago, Elrood said:

Don't fire into creatures. Fire at the ground and kite creature into fire. It will do way more damage than firing directly at creature. Game apply different damage for stepping into fire and for being lit by fire arrow. At least i hope it still does. Can't check for few more hours.... 😞 Its harder, especially with faster creatures, but way more cost and time effective.

So ya my galleons being attacked by an alpha shark plz teach me how to kill it with fire arrows master of the fire arrows before it destroys my galleon.

3 minutes ago, Aquila Ibis said:

So ya my galleons being attacked by an alpha shark plz teach me how to kill it with fire arrows master of the fire arrows before it destroys my galleon.

How the hell your galleon agroed alpha shark in the first place?!

3 minutes ago, Elrood said:

How the hell your galleon agroed alpha shark in the first place?!

There someone sleeping in the bottom deck and the shark feels the need to attack and eat through the hull to kill him because why not. Not like it took my group a fuck ton of hrs to build that galleon so let have some random alpha shark try and sink it because it wants to eat someone inside. An with this nice desperately required nerf to guns were it already took 10 people shooting and alpha shark with carbines to actual kill it through it pass HP heal now it takes 30 of us to kill one when it decides to eat our boats.

Edited by Aquila Ibis

Do the skills for reload and difficulty apply to the blunderbuss and carbine firearms? I assume because it says "Pistol's" on the perk that it applies only to the flint and lock. Personally, against mobs, the blunderbuss and carbine should be one shot kills without head shots. Unless the mob is an alpha, then fair enough, 3 shot kills. The skill cost and materials are high for the weapons already. The reload is slow while also making the character slow during the process. Their are more negatives to firearms than positives that It's not as efficient or effective as the bow. How does this make sense? Why waste the skills?

2 minutes ago, Aquila Ibis said:

There someone sleeping in the bottom deck and the shark feels the need to attack and eat through the hull to kill him because why not. Not like it took my group a fuck ton of hrs to build that galleon so let have some random alpha shark try and sink it because it wants to eat someone inside.

Line of sight needs to be added into this game. I, for one, am tired of the constant mobs and their spectacular senses to find me in a building, miles away and, with great strength. I'm all for a challenge to overcome. However, these mobs are op. I shouldn't have to play babysitter just so my friends can harvest mats.

2 minutes ago, Aquila Ibis said:

There someone sleeping in the bottom deck and the shark feels the need to attack and eat through the hull to kill him because why not. Not like it took my group a fuck ton of hrs to build that galleon so let have some random alpha shark try and sink it because it wants to eat someone inside. An with this nice desperately required nerf to guns were it already took 10 people shooting and alpha shark with carbines to actual kill it through it pass HP heal now it takes 30 of us to kill one when it decides to eat our boats.

Okey, this is a mess, you are right. I'm too used to working around stuff like that (case in point one of the rules we have in company "never sleep on boat") . 

31 minutes ago, Elrood said:

Truth be told I never fight crocodiles in water. The most successful i was (not against alphas, those are imho possible only with firearms) was with metal spear. Crocs in water has hard time biting player swimming up and down, while player can easily utilize spear.  But yeah, you are right, its not the best approach. Guns here are the only option 😞 

Master, crocs in the water are faster than sharks, and almost insta kill, they are extreme dangerous, and they can kill easy a sloop

1 minute ago, Elrood said:

Okey, this is a mess, you are right. I'm too used to working around stuff like that (case in point one of the rules we have in company "never sleep on boat") . 

Yes well try telling that to 90 people cause i can easily control the actions of 89 people.

• Sad 1

In current patch the Firearm damage is absolutely the worst.

Considering the point investment to get the firearms and especially the carbine and the cost of making/maintaining these guns which lose durability per shot, paired with extremely long reload animation even with perfect minigame and all the perks, I am able to shoot 7-9 arrows which do about 11 dmg without any perks thus about 77-99 dmg. 

I seriously see no point to guns at this stage as they are a costly investment and way less dmg at the cost of higher maintenance cost.

Yes, I am aware that I can wear 6 pistols and a carbine at a time, but even then it is pitiful as each hit or miss is way more expensive in the long run.

sigh....

Edited by Graylance Ravenwind

5 minutes ago, Graylance Ravenwind said:

In current patch the Firearm damage is absolutely the worst.

Considering the point investment to get the firearms and especially the carbine and the cost of making/maintaining these guns which lose durability per shot, paired with extremely long reload animation even with perfect minigame and all the perks, I am able to shoot 7-9 arrows which do about 11 dmg without any perks thus about 77-99 dmg. 

I seriously see no point to guns at this stage as they are a costly investment and way less dmg at the cost of higher maintenance cost.

Yes, I am aware that I can wear 6 pistols and a carbine at a time, but even then it is pitiful as each hit or miss is way more expensive in the long run.

sigh....

The multiple firearm carry is a weak argument. The crating and maintenance cost still can't beat a bow and arrow. Let alone total weight to carry multiple firearms and ammo. As well the loss of maneuverability the players have during reload times. Think one gun reload is terrible, reloading 2, 3, 4, hell an entire hot bar, is certain death. The current "magic pixel" for head shots is already difficult. Add on how mobs and players move, it's a waste of time and skills.

Here is what really gets me laughing. The carbine cost 65 ingots to craft and another 35 to maintain. A medium cannon cost 28 ingots to craft. HA! How does this make sense? The Carbine is so worthless, today I logged on at 1600 and now at 1800, I'm still killing wolves. They breed like rabbits with 30 seconds a re-spawn. I chewed a stack of metal for maintenance and ammo. After finally running out of metal I just crafted a bow with 900 arrows. After 900 arrows I just called it a day. Another 2 hours wasted on wolf slayer simulator.

https://imgur.com/9DrmkKF

2 dmg with a pike good shit need like 20 of these to kill 1 alpha good shit

https://imgur.com/why15yx

18 dmg with a flintlock good shit 60 more shots to kill 1 alpha good shit

https://imgur.com/a/cXxrB85

1 fire arrow 50% of it hp holy shit this is weak needs to be buff complete garbage considering how easy they are to make.

https://imgur.com/Z4OUhKB

2 fire arrows to kill 1 alpha lol that a joke plz devs this is clearly under-powered i should have been able to kill this thing with 1/2 fire arrows not 2 buff this shit already.

Edited by Aquila Ibis
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Mrskinny said:

Does anyone else feel that the guns are seriously under powered since 10.41?

For example:

I used to be able to kill a level 3 Scorpion easily with a well aimed pistol shot to the head. Now it takes 2-3 and 2 shots with a Carbine. Scaling up, I don't know how my Company is going to handle Alpha's on are island anymore. I understand if the Guns where too OP in PvP but we need them back to the way they were in PvE.

Thoughts?

The fact you have to get a head shot on a level 3 anything is sad. What numbers are they looking at when doing patches? Spawn rates are through the roof but weapon damage is nerfed?

Henceforth calling this game "Zap Brannigan's Ideal Game." Wave upon wave of men just to get one plank built. 1/10th of the way their men! Don't give up! We've almost got a ship. Here, take these windup weapons!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Muffinman said:

The fact you have to get a head shot on a level 3 anything is sad. What numbers are they looking at when doing patches? Spawn rates are through the roof but weapon damage is nerfed?

Henceforth calling this game "Zap Brannigan's Ideal Game." Wave upon wave of men just to get one plank built. 1/10th of the way their men! Don't give up! We've almost got a ship. Here, take these windup weapons!

That is the truth! Me and my company clear an entire area to farm for 3mins then another 30 wolfs/lions/snakes respawn.

• Like 2