Brick

Can we get some designated Raid times?

Problem is Mortars cant be manned by NPCs.. But cannons can, along with swivels and puckle guns.  But you have to set the range for their aggro.  If it is to short you can just shoot them with a carbine from a distance.  You can also specify what they will and will not engage.  

You have to set them up with good field of fire and ammo.  They will do their job, but they are still just NPCs.

18 minutes ago, RENAGAD3 said:

well i dont think swivel guns have 360 degree range of motion. plus isnt the range on the swivel gun pretty short. the puckel gun (however you spell that) does  considerably less damage but a larger range and horizontal field of view. well placed mortars can help keep ships at range and maybe even destroy smaller ones. could you create 3 sided stone walls behind NPC to protect them.  sounds like your issue is with strategy not NPC AI 

We have built a 4 layer, Double-walled Trump wall around our entire base/shipyard that extends kind of deep into the ocean. No ship can enter our area. Its so big and intricate that when you come close you drop to 20fps. As I said, they used a glider to fly in with 200+ Armoured npc guarding the base across multiple different mountable weapons. The ORP is needed.

Edited by Maffia

Yarr Harr Harr. Talked shit and got stomped then you run to the forums to cry. Next time don't trying to take credit from OwO when we single handed took out your enemies and you claimed you did and proceeded to shit talk.

Backhanded yer company like a prostitute post coitus and then we left with the dubloons.

Thank ye land lubber for the territory. Now off to a freeport with ye.

5 minutes ago, Maffia said:

We have built a 4 layer, Double-walled Trump wall around our entire base/shipyard. Its so big and intricate that when you come close you drop to 20fps. As I said, they used a glider to fly in with 200+ Armoured npc guarding the base across multiple different mountable weapons. The ORP is needed.

like i said. NPC's are not going to do well in Island/ land claim defense. so if there is a way they can be snuck up on in any way people will be able to exploit that. but if you put mats in a stone room with NPC's watching anyway in. ppl will have a hard time 3 man raiding you. you are acting like NPC defense is useless because you created a complex maze that someone found a way around and you got raided. show me a video link where you have an enclosed building with NPC's guarding inside and out and some 3 man is able to walk right up. destroy your walls, walk in destroy your containers and leave. maybe there is an aerial blind spot that needs to be addressed but that is a completely different argument than " we need to alter the way the game works because someone was able to find a loophole in my defense in an alpha game"  

12 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

It was a contributing factor. The others factors were some very serious bugs/exploits that never got fixed ie but all your best gear onto your body then log off and your body vanishes but returns when you log back in. Also broken very high pillar bases that very hard to raid.

Offline Protection wouldn't work anyway for Atlas since all of these servers have players from vastly different time zones ranging from American to Euro to Chinese to Oceania. Implementing a time zone would effectively lock out large portions of the player base from PVP.

Im not suggesting that, I'm suggesting to turn off ship destruction within a designated area from a beach. Maybe a 100 square radius around the island. PvP would still be doable out in open waters.

I'm not worried about the base itself being raided over night cause the flag system pretty much stops that. Its more the fact that people send nighttime warriors to sink all the ships that can fight back.

3 hours ago, LongJohnsonSilvers said:

Yarr Harr Harr. Talked shit and got stomped then you run to the forums to cry. Next time don't trying to take credit from OwO when we single handed took out your enemies and you claimed you did and proceeded to shit talk.

Backhanded yer company like a prostitute post coitus and then we left with the dubloons.

Thank ye land lubber for the territory. Now off to a freeport with ye.

FYI, you stil havent taken the island even though none of us have been on for 24 hours. 

I'd love to hear what "enemies you took out" that we took credit for. Lol we fought 1v3 in a schooner and sunk 2 schooners, 1 escaped. Thats the only PvP we've been in on the water with the exception of the sloppy schooner we slapped together to fight off your zerg.

OwO told our allies that you guys were the one that sunk all the ships, all we said was we sunk two. If thats enough for you launch a zerg attack at someone, you've got a serious small man complex. Get over yourself.

34 minutes ago, Brick said:

FYI, you stil havent taken the island even though none of us have been on for 24 hours. 

I'd love to hear what "enemies you took out" that we took credit for. Lol we fought 1v3 in a schooner and sunk 2 schooners, 1 escaped. Thats the only PvP we've been in on the water with the exception of the sloppy schooner we slapped together to fight off your zerg.

OwO told our allies that you guys were the one that sunk all the ships, all we said was we sunk two. If thats enough for you launch a zerg attack at someone, you've got a serious small man complex. Get over yourself.

We haven't taken the island because claims now take 6+ hours, instead of 30 minutes. It's only a matter of literal time, as you guys are just running around like neanderthals since yesterday. It's annoying at best but I get you guys are trying to be as aggravating as possible - i respect that.

We appreciate the PvP you did provide a couple days ago and this was a fun moment in between killing the chinese. 

All said, while we run 24/7, I do agree with your original post about offline raiding. New World (amazon survival mmo) has also dealt with this recently rather well and I hope Wildcard looks into solutions. Until then, it's typical strategy to do first strikes while the enemy sleeps, and since we rotate 100+ online at all hours, it's not really "off hours" for us - we attacked when we felt it would do the most damage with minimal losses.

20190108221503_1.jpg

Edited by Freelancer

15 minutes ago, Freelancer said:

We haven't taken the island because claims now take 6+ hours, instead of 30 minutes. It's only a matter of literal time, as you guys are just running around like neanderthals since yesterday. It's annoying at best but I get you guys are trying to be as aggravating as possible - i respect that.

We appreciate the PvP you did provide a couple days ago and this was a fun moment in between killing the chinese. 

All said, while we run 24/7, I do agree with your original post about offline raiding. New World (amazon survival mmo) has also dealt with this recently rather well and I hope Wildcard looks into solutions. Until then, it's typical strategy to do first strikes while the enemy sleeps, and since we rotate 100+ online at all hours, it's not really "off hours" for us - we attacked when we felt it would do the most damage with minimal losses.

20190108221503_1.jpg

I believe you can reduce the capture time by having more claims... but I dont know if they actually did that or not.