Sign in to follow this  
Dizzviz

A few suggestions.

So first off just a quick message to the Devs. Thank you so much. I have been playing ark since it was at this stage in its development and thoroughly enjoyed the ride and I'm looking forward to the ups and downs that atlas has in store. I've always wanted a water world styled ark map and this is it, with its own unique spin and flavor.

So onto the Feedback/ suggestions.

Claims:A topic of much controversy the claiming system has been bashed by just about every single player at least once so far, but why? Well besides the well-known issues with contesting i think the big issue is wasted space. if we have four companys make a claim each, in a square, without overlapping, we have a space in the middle that nobody owns and that nobody can now claim. look at any island and you will find at least one spot where a claim could almost just about fit.

to fix this have the claims act more like a bubble. where the lines cant overlap but instead just smush into each other and try to fill the available space. alternately laydown a smaller square grid over each map, and have a claim take its respective square on the grid. this second method would reflect how actual claims work today.

i think the second issue is how claims are actually contested. i was attempting to claim some uncontested land on pve na, and i spend a solid hour trying to find out why every time i dropped my flag it would say contested. moving back and forth up and down this way and that way trying to make sure my lines weren't overlapping anyone's claims. i finally found the issue, some lvl 4 pc had logged out in a bush inside the area i wanted to claim. this likely never coming back player sleeping in uncontested land that i could have claimed was stopping me from claiming.

To fix this. making it so that a player has to also put down a flag or at least have their flag out to contest the claiming of unclaimed land would help, also making it that only people in the company that owns a claim or their allies can prevent the stealing of a claim as opposed to any rando would go a long way as well.

Lastly on the topic of claims. allies can steal your claim and even if you are online and standing right under the flag you cant contest it. this needs to be removed to prevent blue raids.

Trade. there should be some kind of trade goods. things like silks, spices, and relics. things that we can sell for additional gold. taking these items to the trade ports or to a merchant's vessel would be a great reason to actually have to leave the house.

Free market. Having the Free Ports have some kind of auction house where we can sell our goods for a set price would go a long way. 

These are just a few things that i have thought about. if i think of anything else i will be sure to ether update this post or make a new one.