Sign in to follow this  
SomiR

More Griefing

So i just caught a dude trying to offline-sink my brigantine on NA-PVE  by luring crocs to it and standing on the deck.

I just happened to log in ealier than normal and killed the crocs and called him out for his behavior. no reply, of course.

So tell me Grapeshot, what's your approach to resolving this crap? because any idiot can climb over walls with climbing picks and any AI i hire obviously won't shoot at them to keep them away from my boats. currently the only viable option seems to declare war on them, and that's clearly not a viable solution long-term for griefers.

Climbing picks count as damage and thus can't be used on non-allied ships. Same for grapples. You must have left a ladder down or accessible.

i can climbing pick over another company's walls. that said, you don't need anything to get to another player's ship, all you have to do is climb your own mast and jump over, it's cake. 

So even if i build a massive sea wall and park my boats inside-  anyone can climb the wall, glider down to the boat, and aggro any nearby crocs onto it. which minus the wall is exactly what i had happen today. i just happened to be online in time to kill the crocs and send the would be griefer on his way. Why are you even attempting to defend this behavior on a pve server?

3 hours ago, SomiR said:

i can climbing pick over another company's walls. that said, you don't need anything to get to another player's ship, all you have to do is climb your own mast and jump over, it's cake. 

So even if i build a massive sea wall and park my boats inside-  anyone can climb the wall, glider down to the boat, and aggro any nearby crocs onto it. which minus the wall is exactly what i had happen today. i just happened to be online in time to kill the crocs and send the would be griefer on his way. Why are you even attempting to defend this behavior on a pve server?

yes this , except wild animal dont do damage to other players items if aggroed to other player  

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UDO said:

yes this , except wild animal dont do damage to other players items if aggroed to other player  

This. I seen it with my own eyes as I also was able to catch a random douchebag trying to destroy my walls with an agroed Alpha elephant. The walls took no damage as I seen no damage numbers. The damage numbers only apear if the animal is agroed to the flag owner of the area.

Ech, they really need to do something about it. 

I had thief in my base, that player glitched through walls. Didn't manage to steal anything and i've gave him quite a scare for his ship so he hopefully left (and hopefully left the sector and didn't grief anyone else) but ffs if i would like to battle players and offline raids I would go to pvp 😞 

We really NEED protection against ship sinking and general lock on PvE.