Sign in to follow this  
ryain

Can you protect land claims with tames/NPC's?

Hello,

Do tames or NPC contest claims if they are left in the area? I know a logged in player, or a sleeping player will contest the claim, but was wondering if the same can be acheived with a tame or NPC.

Thanks.

I don't THINK so but anything is possible with this game right now lol.  I would imagine they made it so it's only players that block it since tames take forrrevverr to starve and can be fed easily within a large radius with a feeding trough, have no real needs and can just sit there forever with minimal work.  People would do stuff like hide monkeys in cracks under foundations and stuff to make their claims impossible to remove.

I remember hearing that an NPC does contest your claim, but that wasn't from a developer or official source.  It was from game chat.

We've had issues in the first week when we were trying to take claims where wild animals would run close and it would reset the timer, but they were things agro to us and it was the very first few days of the game being out.  If I have time tonight I'll see if I can get one of our allies to test it with a chicken or something. 

Edited by mndfreeze

I tested with a wolf tame and it doesn't appear to contest the claim, so tames don't work.

Could anyone test it using a NPC please ? All mine got killed !

Thanks.

Only a Player can contest. Just purchase another CD Key on a different account. Place it in the claim area and you should be fine. Its worked so far.

2 hours ago, DOA said:

Only a Player can contest. Just purchase another CD Key on a different account. Place it in the claim area and you should be fine. Its worked so far.

I got some new NPC and tested with my clan. NPC's also contest land, so they work !