Sign in to follow this  
Rikard

npc boat crew commands

Anyone have a complete guide to what I can do with npc crews on a boat?

I´ve tried manning them on sails and also on cannons to attack and sink ghost ships. At the steering wheel I see there is an auto pilot and such; can they navigate and avoid ghost ships?? 😄

Also, whats the lieutenant boot for?

AFAIK, they can man cannons, man sails, and repair the ship. That's it. I've never used the lieutenant podium, but I heard that it's purely cosmetic right now. Don't know if that's true tho.

The podium is not cosmetic at all, you can assign the cannons to left right/front/rear and use the podium to target things.  You have to open the gun ports yourself right now but once open you can use right click to aim and left click to shoot when a group is selected.  You'll notice it's selected by the icon on the hotbar being purple, deselect all of them when you first pop into the podium and then you can select what you want from there.  You can also see what is unmanned from there.

You can also somewhat control the sails to help the captain out from this podium.

Edited by Vaenix
Additional Info
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MagicPuncher said:

AFAIK, they can man cannons, man sails, and repair the ship. That's it. I've never used the lieutenant podium, but I heard that it's purely cosmetic right now. Don't know if that's true tho.

i think it's so someone else can order NPCs to do stuff while you focus on sailing. Just splits the work load I think

Edited by Herasea
  • Like 1