Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

Tames NERFED 40% WTF! DEAL BREAKER!

3 hours ago, Tiberius_theron said:

This change is completely bullshit, and you know it Devs! STOP catering to failed zerg streamers who cry when they lose! I lost a lvl 57 bear to a pack of 6 lvl 2 and 3 wolves. Tames need to be further buffed in PVE if anything!

If this change isn’t reserved TODAY, our clan is out of Atlas. We’re tired of the BS changes from Devs who are actually play testing the game their making. You're losing more players than your gaining.... The overwhelmingly negative reviews prove this! Reverese this NOW!

v10.0

- Tames HP and Damage scaling nerfed by about 40%, and Gunshots and Cannons/Explosions damage to tames increased 50% due to level increase and scaling possibility

v8.72

- Buffed Tamed creatures HP and Damage globally by 25%

fire arrows were nerfed 33% 3 times and yet they still 1 shot people. You do that math then come back and complain about 1 40% nerf.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, donavan knight said:

NO tamed creature should take 5 arrows and have no effect on its health.. I was in that fight.. i even point blanked a mount and rider with a swivel cannon and it walked away..   I'm sorry but PVP wise they were WAY too strong.   5 or 6 people harrassing a mass from a gallion and 2 or 3 schooner gun boats cause no one could do much damage to their mounts.    your right thats not broken at all.   And the story was that they were told to stay out of the fight with a neighboring faction that ATTACKED US without provocation and brought us down on them.. unfortunately they didnt listen.  They joined the fight against a mass fleet.  Not smart but hey.. they had super mounts.. 

I was in the fight too for SoV. Lets get the facts straight and not throw a pity party here. YOU attacked us first. We were moving our Brig to another block to an allied base so it didnt get caught in the cross fire. Burke was about to fire on us until we put in chat we were just moving it so we didnt take any losses so he let us pass. BUT your brig chased us down and sunk us. THAT is when we got involved. We know why you guys were hitting our neighbors we would do the same. We knew we wouldnt win. We had 7 people online and didnt even have any defenses or anything built, but we werent going to be a doormat no matter who it is or how big you guys are and its a game in pvp server so why not have some fun? You literally stormed us with naked players trying to punch our mounts and cmon a mount should kill a naked player pretty easy. while the rest of the boys were trying to snipe from the boat. you never even hit anyone with a cannon so why that is even in the patch notes blows my mind. there were many times our tames were about to die so we had to retreat into the woods and eat and heal. Maybe had you guys capitalized on that instead of firing cannons from the boat at our 10x10 shack things would of moved along much faster. When you really hurt on is when hours in someone finally decided to use fire arrows, which blows my mind nobody in that outfit had enough wits to be ready for tames in the first place LOL. The only thing that really annoyed me is that you guys couldnt beat us and had to call in The Federation to clean up your mess. But its all in good fun I guess we all had fun its a great game. Im just sorry that the devs knee jerk reaction and nerfing all tames that hard. Its takes alot of time and Alot of points in the skill tree to make them and now they will be useless. Especially the pve aspect. To me what is out of control is the wild animal damage and aggro range. now our tames will just get wrecked in the wild. But GG, we had fun that night. No hard feelings.  but Maybe you guys can use your platform to make the game better for everyone instead of screaming nerf when things dont go your way. 

• Like 2

I have 4k hours in Ark. I am perfectly fine with tames being utility but not endgame meta as other posters have pointed out.  Leave that to Ark. The problematic underlying assumption with the OP's post is the inherent notion that tames *should* be as powerful as he or she wants them to be, and that this is the reason for the game's poor reviews. Personally, I think anyone trying to assert that reason X is why it's getting bad reviews is willfully ignoring a host of other issues players dislike. Also, are you really pulling the kindergarten move of "play my way or I'll take my ball and go home!"? Do you really honestly think any game developer anywhere responds to this tactic? I have heard it said by multiple game developers in person and in online interviews that the moment they hear "change x or I'm quitting" they immediately ignore it, because you can't run a game that way. This is across good games and bad, popular games and ones no one has heard of. 

What you're arguing at the end of the day is demanding a change to the game to suit your personal preferences. There is a way to request this sort of thing that might get it considered. Table flipping rants like what we see here isn't it.

Edited by boomervoncannon

11 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I have 4k hours in Ark. I am perfectly fine with tames being utility but not endgame meta as other posters have pointed out.  Leave that to Ark. The problematic underlying assumption with the OP's post is the inherent notion that tames *should* be as powerful as he or she wants them to be, and that this is the reason for the game's poor reviews. Personally, I think anyone trying to assert that reason X is why it's getting bad reviews is willfully ignoring a host of other issues players dislike. Also, are you really pulling the kindergarten move of "play my way or I'll take my ball and go home!"? Do you really honestly think any game developer anywhere responds to this tactic? I have heard it said by multiple game developers in person and in online interviews that the moment they hear "change x or I'm quitting" they immediately ignore it, because you can't run a game that way. This is across good games and bad, popular games and ones no one has heard of. 

What you're arguing at the end of the day is demanding a change to the game to suit your personal preferences. There is a way to request this sort of thing that might get it considered. Table flipping rants like what we see here isn't it.

While I agree with what you're saying - didn't the streamer pull that same move? 

He didn't think the tames should be as powerful as they are. I'm pretty sure you can melt the tame and the rider with a few flame arrows, but I never saw that in the stream up until the ending.

Just like in Ark, if you go after ANYTHING while naked - you're gonna have a bad time.

To be clear, I totally agree with you in the fact that mounts should not be endgame meta. I just don't think a knee-jerk reaction was the correct response.

Edited by Deathwish

Just now, Deathwish said:

While I agree with what you're saying - didn't the streamer pull that same move? 

He didn't think the tames should be as powerful as he wanted them to be. I'm pretty sure you can melt the tame and the rider with a few flame arrows, but I never saw that in the stream up until the ending.

Just like in Ark, if you go after ANYTHING while naked - you're gonna have a bad time.

To be clear, I totally agree with you in the fact that mounts should not be endgame meta. I just don't think a knee-jerk reaction was the correct response.

I don't know. I tend not to watch streamers, but I have no problem believing they might if the behavior in question is childish and self centered. And knee jerk reactions are almost always bad.  I just had some pointed criticisms of the OP's post and decided to grace everyone with the wisdom of my views. You're welcome. 

This is Loch from SoV (The company they were attacking). The nerf changes dont really hurt too bad. We didnt allow our tames to get hit by canons and our organization of never over-commiting or getting caught out is why they couldnt take us down. plus whenever we lost a rider we would whistle back our tame to rescue it. The gunfire and damage nerf is problematic but not unworkable. I almost prefer mounts be be nerfed because zergs wont rely on them and if you use them effectively you can have an advantage. So, i wouldnt really worry about it gents. Just play smart and the zergs wont be too bad of an issue.

The gameplay from 07:44:20 and a few minutes after (the moment I got stuck on a door and capped) is an example of this.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/359033241

Also some people were curious about the mount health and regen during that fight: Our mounts at many times took critical damage and we had to pull them out into the woods to go feed on animals and regen. There was no insta regen mechanics going on.

And in case anyone is wondering about that stream, the only reason we got involved in the first place is because they attacked an ally and sunk our brig for no apparent reason. We only had 12 people on in the middle of the night and less when some had to go to work the next day, so we knew the odds were far against us. We cant however just turncoat at the first sign of threat and abandon our allies. (looks at retoxy). Btw - retoxy were our island allies before the fight, and i supplied them with weapons because they had none, then they backstabbed us with our own gear. When they got on the boat and started showing their cowardliness and trying to leave the alliance, this is why we promptly sniped their man down on burkes boat. No respect for that. Instant punishment.

Edited by Loch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I have issues when a wild animal slaughters you and your comrades, and you tame the thing, then, it suddenly becomes half as strong as if by voodoo.  They have to make ALL creatures on par with the REAL strength of what a tamed would be AND adjust taming difficulty against how poorly they perform.  It's no different than farming a galleon for countless hours, then as soon as you launch it gets sunk by an alpha snake.  Time vs reward is utterly unbalanced atm.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

I have issues when a wild animal slaughters you and your comrades, and you tame the thing, then, it suddenly becomes half as strong as if by voodoo.  They have to make ALL creatures on par with the REAL strength of what a tamed would be AND adjust taming difficulty against how poorly they perform.  It's no different than farming a galleon for countless hours, then as soon as you launch it gets sunk by an alpha snake.  Time vs reward is utterly unbalanced atm.

Well there you go. That's putting forth a reasoned arguement.  When you put it that way, it's easier to see where you're coming from and it sounds more carefully considered. That's the kind of feedback more likely to persuade a dev to take a closer look at something.

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

The problematic underlying assumption with the OP's post is the inherent notion that tames *should* be as powerful as he or she wants them to be, and that this is the reason for the game's poor reviews.

4 tames lost today to alphas.  I don't think there's any assumption here, I think there's facts. 

1. There's an entire skill tree dedicated to pets.

2. What's the point of having tames if you can't even pull them out of the pen... no wait.  You can leave them in the pen and they'll still get killed. One of mine did.

3. Personal preference? No GAME MECHANICS... read the skill tree.  A harvesting pet is USELESS if you can't take it out harvesting without it getting slaughtered.

4. Request this sort of thing? Are you kidding. A request?  That was a bitching rant on the part of the streamer and it DID get changed.  You need more proof as to how this game company works?

23 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

That's the kind of feedback more likely to persuade a dev to take a closer look at something.

Or you can become a whiny ass streamer who runs around naked bitching about how he can't win.  Seems that works too.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 2

What's so absolutely ridiculous here is the two-sided nerf. Not only so they nerf a damage and scaling by 40 percent, they also increased damage received by 50%. It's like they decided to make them completely irrelevant outside of farming because some people don't know how to play vs tames. 

Sad knee-jerk reaction, I'm disappointed. 

9 hours ago, Tarvald said:

Now personally, and this is just me. I actually would rather the game move away from Tames being the global end-game meta. I'd like to mostly leave that gimmick in Ark. I'd like more focus on Ships, Infantry, and Empire building.

This, but I would like a buff, maybe a skill in the skill tree, to gather stuff more quickly.  It takes forever to gather fiber, and please stop making fiber a rare item.  It should be everywhere.  That or reduce the absurd amounts in the recipes.  It's used in almost everything, and yet you get so little of it when you wack one of those ferns or scrub brush plants with your scythe.  I much prefer the way ARK handles Fiber.

7 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

This, but I would like a buff, maybe a skill in the skill tree, to gather stuff more quickly.  It takes forever to gather fiber, and please stop making fiber a rare item.  It should be everywhere.  That or reduce the absurd amounts in the recipes.  It's used in almost everything, and yet you get so little of it when you wack one of those ferns or scrub brush plants with your scythe.  I much prefer the way ARK handles Fiber.

30k fiber on a raft not even 30 minutes at freeport with a Sickle. How much easier do you want it?

3 minutes ago, Teach said:

30k fiber on a raft not even 30 minutes at freeport with a Sickle. How much easier do you want it?

My island is as far from a freeport as you can get.   So, how easy do I want it?  How about just spreading those ferns out among the trees and rocks, like on ARK.  That's not too much to ask for an item that is the most common resource in the recipes for common items, from tools, to arrows, to structures, to armor, etc...

1 minute ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

My island is as far from a freeport as you can get.   So, how easy do I want it?  How about just spreading those ferns out among the trees and rocks, like on ARK.  That's not too much to ask for an item that is the most common resource in the recipes for common items, from tools, to arrows, to structures, to armor, etc...

Actually, I'm liking it's rarity in some places. While my claim has 0 fiber I'm more than happy to sail 2 grids south and get a weeks' supply.  The laziness of others to do the same and their unwillingness to tolerate anything less than a perfect island has given me a nice, lag-free claim.

But this thread is about pets... don't try to hijack it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tiberius_theron said:

This change is completely bullshit, and you know it Devs! STOP catering to failed zerg streamers who cry when they lose! I lost a lvl 57 bear to a pack of 6 lvl 2 and 3 wolves. Tames need to be further buffed in PVE if anything!

If this change isn’t reserved TODAY, our clan is out of Atlas. We’re tired of the BS changes from Devs who are actually play testing the game their making. You're losing more players than your gaining.... The overwhelmingly negative reviews prove this! Reverese this NOW!

v10.0

- Tames HP and Damage scaling nerfed by about 40%, and Gunshots and Cannons/Explosions damage to tames increased 50% due to level increase and scaling possibility

v8.72

- Buffed Tamed creatures HP and Damage globally by 25%

The game isn’t going to last that long anyways man. That is why they are catering to the streamers. Right now them and their followers are the majority of the players. If they leave you will see the numbers go down to like 10k 😂

once the streamers get tired of having the low viewers they will jump ship as well and go back to more popular games for the viewers.

...Sorry you shanghai'd yourself to the ends of the world without a plan?

For someone who raved in his own thread about the trailer being BS and that the game keeps you on land more than sea...no, dude. Your choices are keeping you on land, and without fiber.

The game is designed where every island is either rich or lacking something- including fiber. What you have on your island when you don't have fiber are the mid/end-game materials people with fiber need. You can either trade for it, deal with it, or move to another island that suits your needs. Going to a tile on the grid that is no where close to a freeport or fiber was a mistake in itself if you were not prepared for it.

It's a great Island, and yes, it has many great resources, like Crustal, Gems, etc...  It's a very large island.  I don't mind trading, or even traveling, but I can go through 30k fiber in a very short period, when base building, building the ship, etc...  Fiber, being one of the most common items in so many recipes, should be just like the trees, and rocks.  What I don't like are things that are tedious.  That's the down side to games like this...the tediousness that is installed into the game as a "feature."

I'm also sure that once this game is more fleshed out, those towns with the ambient crowd noise, will have NPC merchants.  Hopefully, this will allow me to trade wood, stone, metal, etc..for things like Fiber.

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

4 tames lost today to alphas.  I don't think there's any assumption here, I think there's facts. 

1. There's an entire skill tree dedicated to pets.

2. What's the point of having tames if you can't even pull them out of the pen... no wait.  You can leave them in the pen and they'll still get killed. One of mine did.

3. Personal preference? No GAME MECHANICS... read the skill tree.  A harvesting pet is USELESS if you can't take it out harvesting without it getting slaughtered.

4. Request this sort of thing? Are you kidding. A request?  That was a bitching rant on the part of the streamer and it DID get changed.  You need more proof as to this game company works?

Or you can become a whiny ass streamer who runs around naked bitching about how he can't win.  Seems that works too.

Just because some streamer whines about something and a change is made that correlates with their complaint does not mean it's the reason the change was made. You don't know that, I don't know that, and unless they say publicly, only the devs know for sure. But yes, I said personal preference and I meant it. So there's a skill tree, that doesn't mean that tames should be the endgame meta, and if you read my post that's what I stated. Somewhere between tames not being an endgame meta and useless, there's a balanced medium. 

Btw when you talk about not being able to take a harvesting pet out of the pen without it dying, you'll have to forgive me if I take that complaint with a grain of salt. I played an awful lot of ark and got used to players endlessly complaining that this thing or that thing was OP and needed nerfing when in reality the core problem was their lack of taking responsiblity for situational awareness and paying attention to their surroundings. If you wander off blindly with your harvesting tame into parts unknown or even fail to check your base before taking it into a nearby area, then lose it to an alpha in that area, sad day for you, but it's really more evidence you need to be aware of the situation than that the game needs alteration. Today I died accidently to an alpha seagull of all things because  I wasn't paying attention when killing for hide and hit it before realizing it was alpha when all I had was a few spears. Did I demand alphas get nerfed? No, I reminded myself to pay closer attention and got back to it.

And yes, I do need more proof as to how this game company works, at least to accept your arguement as put forth. It's not based upon facts as you claim, but upon tenous assertions at best. You observe a thing, assume that the thing you observe(streamer bitching) is cause for something else (dev change) without any real evidence to support this assertion, then claim it as fact. That does not demonstrate a solid grasp of what a fact is, and it makes me unlikely to accept your other assertions as being meaningfully accurate.

BTW, it's not just the fiber.  It's all resources.  Grinding is not what I enjoy in a game.  Some people do.  To me, it's a time waster.  It's a means to an end.  A way to get out on the seas in a ship full of cannons, to dual with another pirate.

14 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Btw when you talk about not being able to take a harvesting pet out of the pen without it dying, you'll have to forgive me if I take that complaint with a grain of salt. I played an awful lot of ark and got used to players endlessly complaining that this thing or that thing was OP and needed nerfing when in reality the core problem was their lack of taking responsiblity for situational awareness and paying attention to their surroundings.

You apparently need more proof as to how this game works.  When I die instantly and repeatedly 20 times because 3 crocs are sitting on the bed on my raft, the only responsibility lies with the devs in making a bullshit game and not thinking.  Situational awareness has NOTHING to do with not even being able to spawn. Situational awareness has NOTHING to do with an alpha spawning inside an enclosed space and killing pets.  Situational awareness has NOTHING to do with launching your ship and having an alpha croc spawn and instantly smash it. Situational awareness has NOTHING to do with mobs being able to stick their head through brick walls and destroy your furnishings, kill you and your pets. Situational awareness has NOTHING to do with people being able to load themselves up with 45,000 worth of metal and solo sink someone's PVE brig. Bad game design has EVERYTHING to do with is so stop being a fanboy and blaming the players.

There's a fine line between challenge and bullshit and this game has so far done nothing but step well into the bullshit territory and this nerf is just another example of it.  And the sad part... soooo many players have complained about the utter bullshit on these forums I outlined above yet this streamer, who plainly states that devs are watching, whines and shit changes.  Coincidence? Maybe. Bullshit? Definitely.

Are they working hard to fix this game? Yes, and I am glad to see that. Is this a fix? No.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 1

so I watched most of that video. Mounts didn't seem Op in the slightest.... In fact, the zerg shoulda lost, talk about getting in your own way..... could someone show me an instance in that video where the mounts we doing op stuff? I saw a lot of nekids and uncoordinated zerglings, running around mindlessly, only to get smacked down... I saw a crap load of times where if people had just worked together and used even some basic prioritization skills.

seriously, this vid can't be why they are nerfing... it just can't be...no hope if it is.

22 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

You apparently need more proof as to how this game works.  When I die instantly and repeatedly 20 times because 3 crocs are sitting on the bed on my raft, the only responsibility lies with the devs in making a bullshit game and not thinking.  Situational awareness has NOTHING to do with not even being able to spawn. Situational awareness has NOTHING to do with an alpha spawning inside an enclosed space and killing pets.  Situational awareness has NOTHING to do with launching your ship and having an alpha croc spawn and instantly smash it. Situational awareness has NOTHING to do with mobs being able to stick their head through brick walls and destroy your furnishings, kill you and your pets. Situational awareness has NOTHING to do with people being able to load themselves up with 45,000 worth of metal and solo sink someone's PVE brig. Bad game design has EVERYTHING to do with is so stop being a fanboy and blaming the players.

There's a fine line between challenge and bullshit and this game has so far done nothing but step well into the bullshit territory and this nerf is just another example of it.  And the sad part... soooo many players have complained about the utter bullshit on these forums I outlined above yet this streamer, who plainly states that devs are watching, whines and shit changes.  Coincidence? Maybe. Bullshit? Definitely.

Are they working hard to fix this game? Yes, and I am glad to see that. Is this a fix? No.

All of the things you've just brought up have NOTHING to do with the point that was being debated. Stop bringing in other arguements because nowhere have I argued that the game is perfect and does not need improvement or correction. When you do this it is strawmanning by implication. You dying to crocs on a bed might be problematic, but it's not directly related to tames. At this point you're just emoting about everything that makes you mad about this game and that's pretty obvious. My advice is stop playing if it makes you that upset. The whole point is to have fun, and you don't seem to be having any fun.

If it isn't a fix to you, then come back later and see if things improved.  But blindly asserting that the devs bow to the will of streamers without any better evidence than what you've got, particularly when them doing so doesn't make any meaningful sense (seriously, streamers might be influencers of other players, but I think you're seriously overestimating their influence with developers if you think they can bitch and moan and get the game changed to suit them. I'm just very skeptical of this whole notion as largely based on emotion rather than much of anything concrete). Throwing the word bullshit around like you're getting a bulk discount also strongly suggests you're coming from a place if not purely then primarily from emotion rather than reason. 

What I need is not more proof of how the game works, your rant told me little I wasn't already aware of. What I need is more proof you can present a cogent arguement rather than whinging about stuff that upsets you.

11 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

At this point you're just emoting about everything that makes you mad about this game and that's pretty obvious. 

But blindly asserting that the devs bow to the will of streamers without any better evidence

Throwing the word bullshit around like you're getting a bulk discount also strongly suggests you're coming from a place if not purely then primarily from emotion rather than reason. 

What I need is not more proof of how the game works, your rant told me little I wasn't already aware of. What I need is more proof you can present a cogent arguement rather than whinging about stuff that upsets you.

1. Makes MANY people mad. Do you read these forums or do you just come here to try to impress everyone with your linguistic prowess.

2. Day one, who got access first?

3. I don't need reason when it's obvious BULLSHIT!

4. I'm not ranting. I'm just putting you and your overeducated ass in its place. 

Quit pretending like your infallible logic is going to persuade them to fix what's busted. Let me slap you with a cliche': 'The squeaky wheel gets the grease.' THIS nerf is exactly that.

(By the way it's argument not 'arguement' and it's whining, not 'whinging'. If you're going to try to sound like a condescending intellectual, and at least observe the spellcheck.)