Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

Tames NERFED 40% WTF! DEAL BREAKER!

Leveling and effectiveness are basically reworked, scaling needed to be as well. Is 40% too much? Maybe, the changes with alphas don't seem as drastic so I predict minor buffs to come case by case.

For now tread with caution beastmasters.

Edited by Nari

4 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

1. Makes MANY people mad. Do you read these forums or do you just come here to try to impress everyone with your linguistic prowess.

2. Day one, who got access first?

3. I don't need reason when it's obvious BULLSHIT!

4. I'm not ranting. I'm just putting you and your overeducated ass in its place. 

Quit pretending like your infallible logic is going to persuade them to fix what's busted. Let me slap you with a cliche': 'The squeaky wheel gets the grease.' THIS nerf is exactly that.

(By the way it's argument not 'arguement' and it's whining, not 'whinging'. If you're going to try to sound like a condescending intellectual, and at least observe the spellcheck.) 

Quit pretending like your whinging (and it *is* whinging to those familiar with Game of Thrones),and presenting things with foul mouthed invective is a better approach to getting a problem solved than logic. You can cast aspersions at my writing style all you like (yeah typos are not really a big concern of mine, sorry. With all the horrible use of language on message boards, you're really gonna try to call me out on a one word typo? mmkay) 

If you can throw out cliches, then they're fair game for me too. You get more flies with honey. Do you think you're gonna convince the people who make the decisions to change things by hurling profanity at them? Squeaky wheel or no I wouldn't put money on your chances when you do. And yeah, when you throw around all caps and profanity and bitch about every problem with the game you can think of, sorry but that's ranting. My education doesn't really have any bearing, you just don't like it, so you throw shade at it too. How surprising.

6 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Quit pretending like your whinging (and it *is* whinging to those familiar with Game of Thrones),and presenting things with foul mouthed invective is a better approach to getting a problem solved than logic. You can cast aspersions at my writing style all you like (yeah typos are not really a big concern of mine, sorry. With all the horrible use of language on message boards, you're really gonna try to call me out on a one word typo? mmkay) 

If you can throw out cliches, then they're fair game for me too. You get more flies with honey. Do you think you're gonna convince the people who make the decisions to change things by hurling profanity at them? Squeaky wheel or no I wouldn't put money on your chances when you do. And yeah, when you throw around all caps and profanity and bitch about every problem with the game you can think of, sorry but that's ranting. My education doesn't really have any bearing, you just don't like it, so you throw shade at it too. How surprising.

Review that video and then tell me that 'foul mouthed' invectives don't work.

I'm done with you.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Review that video and then tell me that 'foul mouthed' invectives don't work.

I'm done with you.

Be done. The video proves absolutely zero because there is no evidence it influenced developer decisions. A decision that appears to favor what the streamer wants could be entirely coincidental. Any given developer change you could find someone who clamored loudly for said change and claim it was done to placate them. Claiming so means little. 

I really don't get all these people that insist taming shouldn't be touched because of pve.  The problem is wild creatures are freaking broken.  Between the spawning issues, crazy hitboxes, and health regening (being fixed now), there's a host of issues.  Harp at them to fix that rather than how you're managing to deal with them, really hope that's on their slate soon honestly.  

Using one broken aspect to fix another is terrible for the long term.

• Like 1

The tame nerf was way, way too much and a kneejerk reaction to a non-problem. Some idiot streamer running into death over and over again with no strategy didn't warrant making time-invested tames nearly worthless against any group of wild animals larger than 3. The health nerf alone was too much, let alone nerfing the damage on top of it. Absolutely stupid. 

A 25% increased damage from PVP sources would've been more than enough to balance whatever perceived inconsistency there was. Now they feel like sure liabilities even bringing them out to farm resources. It's fucking dumb. Zero concept of balance, again, from this dev team. 

• Like 1

They massively buffed the mounts, I bet this guy feels bad saying all that.
20% damage taken decrease and all the buffs work now. Our mounts are taking on Alphas fairly easily now.

10 hours ago, Evir said:

They massively buffed the mounts, I bet this guy feels bad saying all that.
20% damage taken decrease and all the buffs work now. Our mounts are taking on Alphas fairly easily now.

Interesting.

I think 1 shot of a ballista turret should take down any mount other than elephant or rhino

Also, wtf is the deal with grappling hook spam on mounts? I saw a guy spamming then at a rate of like 2/s the other day. Is that an intended feature or was he cheating?

On 1/9/2019 at 4:32 AM, boomervoncannon said:

Be done. The video proves absolutely zero because there is no evidence it influenced developer decisions. A decision that appears to favor what the streamer wants could be entirely coincidental. Any given developer change you could find someone who clamored loudly for said change and claim it was done to placate them. Claiming so means little. 

You have to admit though that there was confirmation of dev audience.  Coupled with continual bitching, and ranting, and a LARGE audience... and suddenly a patch change..  It's too coincidental.  What happens on PvP servers should stay on PvP servers.   They can twiddle what they want.  Leave PvE servers alone, where we give no care about what a tamed bear can do to a naked pirate when a naked pirate suicides and deems it unbalanced.

2 hours ago, Vorxius said:

You have to admit though that there was confirmation of dev audience.  Coupled with continual bitching, and ranting, and a LARGE audience... and suddenly a patch change..  It's too coincidental.  What happens on PvP servers should stay on PvP servers.   They can twiddle what they want.  Leave PvE servers alone, where we give no care about what a tamed bear can do to a naked pirate when a naked pirate suicides and deems it unbalanced.

I don’t have to admit any such thing. I won’t deny that it’s possible, only repeat what I’ve already said, that to assume one is a result of the other would be just that, an assumption without compelling evidence. Coincidences happen all the time. It would be TOO coincidental if it happened over and over again. Then one would have a pattern, and that would be a more compelling argument, but even then it wouldn’t be certainty.

For a period of about 20 years, when the NFC team won the Super Bowl, the stock market was bullish the following year, meaning overall it went up. During that period, when the AFC team won the Super Bowl, the stock market was bearish, or overall went down for the year. That’s a 20 year pattern, would seem to be pretty strong evidence of causation, based on the approach your taking. Yet I don’t know anyone who takes seriously the notion that which team wins the Super Bowl has any impact whatsoever on the stock market, do you? Correlation is not causation.

I will say that if the devs are adjusting their game based on streamer desires, then I’d consider that a foolish path indeed, and sadly if it were the case, it wouldn’t really surprise me. Disappoint yes, surprise, no.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1