Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

Tames NERFED 40% WTF! DEAL BREAKER!

This change is completely bullshit, and you know it Devs! STOP catering to failed zerg streamers who cry when they lose! I lost a lvl 57 bear to a pack of 6 lvl 2 and 3 wolves. Tames need to be further buffed in PVE if anything!

If this change isn’t reserved TODAY, our clan is out of Atlas. We’re tired of the BS changes from Devs who are actually play testing the game their making. You're losing more players than your gaining.... The overwhelmingly negative reviews prove this! Reverese this NOW!

v10.0

- Tames HP and Damage scaling nerfed by about 40%, and Gunshots and Cannons/Explosions damage to tames increased 50% due to level increase and scaling possibility

v8.72

- Buffed Tamed creatures HP and Damage globally by 25%

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Now personally, and this is just me. I actually would rather the game move away from Tames being the global end-game meta. I'd like to mostly leave that gimmick in Ark. I'd like more focus on Ships, Infantry, and Empire building.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tarvald said:

Now personally, and this is just me. I actually would rather the game move away from Tames being the global end-game meta. I'd like to mostly leave that gimmick in Ark. I'd like more focus on Ships, Infantry, and Empire building.

This thing is tames aren't very strong anyway, they're real use is harvesting. An alpha mob can pretty much one shot a tame and even a pack of normal wolves can take you out if you're not careful 

2 minutes ago, Herasea said:

This thing is tames aren't very strong anyway, they're real use is harvesting. An alpha mob can pretty much one shot a tame and even a pack of normal wolves can take you out if you're not careful 

Right, and I'd like to continue to see a further push away from Tames. Aside from farming purposes of course. 

• Like 2

I am curious to see what the actual impact is based on the word "scaling" in the patch notes.  It might not turn out to be as bad as "40% nerf to all HP and damage [globally]".

Edited by Tobekan

22 minutes ago, Tarvald said:

I fully agree with you, all Ark stuff has been pressed into Atlas.

Sometimes less is more.

Better concentrate on more ships, an anti-cheat program (VAC, Punk Buster or other) and PvP balance.

• Like 1

I dont mind nerfing tames as long as they nerf wilds with it. My bear with 950 hp and dealing 50 dmg a hit takes a 40% nerf. Crocs hit it for 20 dmg and have roughly 400 hp...a wild croc is as strong as my bear

Some dumbass streamer from the late shift gets his ass kicked by 5-6 people from SoV and we have to pay the price..  Really getting tired of losing high level tames to low level wild critters now. Think we're going to just store ours in the pen until something changes with this.

Can't wait to see how bad they cry out the first time they get smashed by a dragon.

8 minutes ago, Tarvald said:

Right, and I'd like to continue to see a further push away from Tames. Aside from farming purposes of course. 

Well, that's a wonderful idea and I agree completely... just as soon at the 30 odd predators stop showing up whenever I'm out with a tame farming or the dozen odd vultures stop beating on my wolf when I have him devour a corpse for a resource.

For now though, this change will make resource gathering pets pretty much useless.

6 minutes ago, Aaryl said:

I dont mind nerfing tames as long as they nerf wilds with it. My bear with 950 hp and dealing 50 dmg a hit takes a 40% nerf. Crocs hit it for 20 dmg and have roughly 400 hp...a wild croc is as strong as my bear

My 400 hp wolf will drop to 260. 

I wonder is the devs have even played the game? And i want to watch a stream where one of them solo raises a baby they said  game is supposed to be possible for solo players...thats laughable

34 minutes ago, Aaryl said:

I wonder is the devs have even played the game? And i want to watch a stream where one of them solo raises a baby they said  game is supposed to be possible for solo players...thats laughable

I feel like they killed the solo player vibe when they made the important skills cost 8 points. Maybe the new patch with the increased points will help lower that hit a bit, but the recent changes feel very anti-solo.

can someone link this terribad video of the oh so transcendent 'streamer / influencers' in action?  Want to see for myself how badly they played to kick off this mindless nerf...     

I said it before, PvP and PvE servers should have different rule sets so that screwing around with balancing doesn't affect players that are on servers that have no PvP at all. 

It's as dumb as a government official travelling home... and someone zooms past in their Bugatti.  he gets to the office the next day, and blanket restricts cars to 50% speed.  Not understanding that a 230mph Bugatti will be restricted to 115mph sure... but someone driving around in something that can only do 70 is now restricted to 35.... lol (awesome analogy).    

I don't give two #$%! about PvP on the PvE server! stop screwing about globally to fix something that only happens on 50% of the servers.  

I really need coffee.  It's beginning to show.

24 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

can someone link this terribad video of the oh so transcendent 'streamer / influencers' in action?  Want to see for myself how badly they played to kick off this mindless nerf...     

I said it before, PvP and PvE servers should have different rule sets so that screwing around with balancing doesn't affect players that are on servers that have no PvP at all. 

It's as dumb as a government official travelling home... and someone zooms past in their Bugatti.  he gets to the office the next day, and blanket restricts cars to 50% speed.  Not understanding that a 230mph Bugatti will be restricted to 115mph sure... but someone driving around in something that can only do 70 is now restricted to 35.... lol (awesome analogy).    

I don't give two #$%! about PvP on the PvE server! stop screwing about globally to fix something that only happens on 50% of the servers.  

I really need coffee.  It's beginning to show.

I believe this is it --- starts around like the 6hr 30min mark?

Not sure what provoked the attack on that small tribe, but SoV made The Late Shift look like absolute unorganized trash.

I’m glad this vis less of a tame oriented game. Lol you 1v8 and expected to win? I dont understand why anyone would expect that, wrong place, wrong time. You had the wrong mount too for that sort of pvp.

you cant even kill an enemy mount 1v1 unless you sit on a cliff and spam shoot it. That’s how broken thet currently are

Edited by Bad News Bear

Ok so here is my problem with the nerf. You want to make them 40% weaker? Fine then make them 40% easier to tame. This includes what it takes to knock them out, make it so the creature just has to be below half of its health to bola instead of low on health. Remove all special food requirements to tame creatures.

Make things easy come and easy go and people will have more fun.

Also remove the talents required to ride the creatures, but replace them with buffs for trained riders.

After watching the stream, you start to get a soft spot for the underdogs.

I don't think they expected to win though, I didn't see any other cannons on SoV besides that single mortar, doesn't look like they had that spot fully operational yet.

They played them well from what I saw, used the terrain to their advantage to pull some guerrilla tactics. They did stand still in the open a few too many times though and paid that price.

The whole thing just feels very rushed and not thought out. A streamer didn't bring the proper equipment to easily raid them, and got mad when he couldn't just steamroll them like he wanted.

I'm curious what happens when the tame bloodlines start to get strong and we're right back where we are again.

• Like 1

NO tamed creature should take 5 arrows and have no effect on its health.. I was in that fight.. i even point blanked a mount and rider with a swivel cannon and it walked away..   I'm sorry but PVP wise they were WAY too strong.   5 or 6 people harrassing a mass from a gallion and 2 or 3 schooner gun boats cause no one could do much damage to their mounts.    your right thats not broken at all.   And the story was that they were told to stay out of the fight with a neighboring faction that ATTACKED US without provocation and brought us down on them.. unfortunately they didnt listen.  They joined the fight against a mass fleet.  Not smart but hey.. they had super mounts.. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind as much if they'd nerf giant snakes and tigers as well. You need a small army of tamed pets to kill those alphas especially. Too OP.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Deathwish said:

I believe this is it --- starts around like the 6hr 30min mark?

Not sure what provoked the attack on that small tribe, but SoV made The Late Shift look like absolute unorganized trash.

Spot on just what i needed.

All I saw was whine, whinge, nerf mounts, whine whine, whinge... There's a dev watching... nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf

cf45c927bd50ee0d7419a9b3c288c430

whine whinge, whinge...

No wonder the devs nerfed everything...  oh well.  PvP balancing PvE servers.  Grats.

What streamer wants, streamer gets.

4 minutes ago, donavan knight said:

NO tamed creature should take 5 arrows and have no effect on its health.. I was in that fight.. i even point blanked a mount and rider with a swivel cannon and it walked away..   I'm sorry but PVP wise they were WAY too strong.   5 or 6 people harrassing a mass from a gallion and 2 or 3 schooner gun boats cause no one could do much damage to their mounts.    your right thats not broken at all.   And the story was that they were told to stay out of the fight with a neighboring faction that ATTACKED US without provocation and brought us down on them.. unfortunately they didnt listen.  They joined the fight against a mass fleet.  Not smart but hey.. they had super mounts.. 

Shame the kneejerk over reaction was nerf everything, including servers that do not PvP!   Not directly the players fault, but kneejerking is ill thoughtout kneejerking.  Perhaps they just needed to buff certain weapons, rather than making level 35 mounts die to a level 2 rattlesnake.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

I’m glad this vis less of a tame oriented game. Lol you 1v8 and expected to win? I dont understand why anyone would expect that, wrong place, wrong time. You had the wrong mount too for that sort of pvp.

you cant even kill an enemy mount 1v1 unless you sit on a cliff and spam shoot it. That’s how broken thet currently are

No we're not, but when the game spawns 10 or so predators around you with huge aggro ranges when you just want to gather, a lion drags you of your mount, a snake it torpin the hell out of you and they're all between level 1 - 5, I would like to think my lvl 50 wolf or bear can actually fight back and not get destroyed.

Don't get me wrong, i love that animals are dangerous even when you're high level, but it makes no sense nerfing tames when the spawn/dmg/amount of predator mobs is so high, throw alpha into the equation and tames  haven't got a chance

dont fool yourselves into thinking a streamer gets what he wants.. the reason they get watched at all is its a chance for a dev to see his game mechanics in action.. if the devs were agreeing they must have seen the mechanic not functioning as they intended..  remember that old saying?.. becareful of the other 4 fingers pointing back at yourself.   

• Like 1

What I saw was a disorganized mess trying to assault a smaller organized TEAM and this retard bitching and whining that him standing around doing NOTHING wasn't winning the fight.  And this is why tames are getting nerfed?  All the bitching about alphas, massive aggro numbers, crocs sinking ships, a screwed up claim system, pve ships getting sunk by other players, players unable to join, and they listen to this jackass?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, donavan knight said:

dont fool yourselves into thinking a streamer gets what he wants.. the reason they get watched at all is its a chance for a dev to see his game mechanics in action.. if the devs were agreeing they must have seen the mechanic not functioning as they intended..  remember that old saying?.. becareful of the other 4 fingers pointing back at yourself.   

So.. they 'fix' 1 thing and break 2-3 others?

But yet, the devs see the same game-breaking mechanics of other streamers and companies. Triple or quad shot mortars/cannons, full company invite spam to DC the person, people flooding into ships to sink, claim glitches,  etc... Where are the next-day patches for that? Or the doggone Battleye?

And to an extent, yeah the streamers will get what they want - or did you forget who got the game first?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius_theron said:

We’re tired of the BS changes from Devs who are actually play testing the game their making.

Something Something, early acces?

Ratio of time taming, resource taming, and breeding taming doesn't match the time it takes for a tame to die.

They need to rebalance it like they did for ships, regardless of how much people don't want this to be like ark's taming? that's cool but there's an entire skill tree in atlas at the moment designed around it.

if someone brings horses with cannons to siege and they all die because of poor positioning then yeah, tames should die quickly. This should mean that the farm back at home breeding/taming tames should match the rate of how easily it is for them to be killed like for ships.

• Like 1