Sign in to follow this  
Pretty EASY

nerf flamearrows

Its really not hard to balance animals!  But these dev's seem to make everything hard!

lvl 1 Player 100 HP      lvl 50 player 200HP      lvl 100 player  300HP

Lvl 1 Lion / Wolf 100HP   Lvl 50 Lion Wolf 200HP  lvl 100 Lion wolf 300HP lvl 150 lion wolf 400 hp  lvl 200 lion wolf 500 HP   (No Tamed animal ever can go past lvl 200)

(^^^^ And No Feral Animal can go past lvl 100 With an alpha being a lvl 90-100)

Then adjust HP slightly according to animal for instance a bear could start at 120HP

Giraffe 120HP

Croc 120HP

An elephant at say 150HP

And now you have fixed all kinds of issues!  Tames are No longer OP in pvp...  You can now more easily balance Gunpowder weapons because they will have similiar effect vrs players and animals!!!

• Like 1

And for you PvE players, you think killing hydras and other golden ruins mobs with 2 arrows is alright for gameplay? 

Here's a pro-tip... Dont get in their face to shoot them.  If you have a couple of carbines, then shoot them from like 100m away.  

2 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

I was just fighting an alpha giant snake (lv217), I have all the bow perks, It took 150 stone arrows to kill it.

Why don’t you shoot 2 fire arrows on the ground in front of it? 

6 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

I was just fighting an alpha giant snake (lv217), I have all the bow perks, It took 150 stone arrows to kill it.

That is out of balance!!!  (I would suggest 20 arrows so a stone arrow should do 67.5 damage)

3 minutes ago, Aros said:

Why don’t you shoot 2 fire arrows on the ground in front of it? 

And that is majorly out of balance!  (I would suggest 10 fire arrows)

I would suggest 6 shots from a pistol

I would suggest 3 shots from a carbine

^^^^ Wow I am already more effectivelly balancing this game then the dev's!!!

Edited by Sulfurblade

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Here's a pro-tip... Dont get in their face to shoot them.  If you have a couple of carbines, then shoot them from like 100m away.  

Try sniping 10+ nakeds spasm rushing your group with fire arrows with the happy server performance we have. With the time it takes to reload they will have reached you.

I suppose you have not done any sieges yet .

pvp is just not fun, imagine you are farming with a plate armor set and some fire arrows, one guy comes close out of nowhere you versus him and he has a guns, if he misses 3 times hes fucked and you are there jumping sprinting spamming those cheap fking flame arrows LOL killing him in 2 hits nice

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aros said:

Try sniping 10+ nakeds spasm rushing your group with fire arrows with the happy server performance we have. With the time it takes to reload they will have reached you.

I suppose you have not done any sieges yet .

Let me see.....

When being attacked by a numerically superior force but with inferior equipment, I will find a defendable position with cover for me, and very little if not none for my attacker.  

I will organize my fire to optimize my rate of fire... in simple terms setup a firing line.  

Lastly when they do set you on fire... run at them to catch them on fire also.  

If you are trying to use the Blunderbuss as a long range weapon you are wrong, it is a poormans shotgun.   It was meant for clearing ship decks, not fighting in open fields. 

And I have been in a few fights... and I understand the server doesnt always play fair.  But that is the nature of the internet.   If you know your armor isn't going to protect you, why risk it.

13 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

9 dmg per hit :classic_angry:

Imagine now if that alpha ran away with their idiotic ai after 149 hits and eat something... or in case they fixed the healing, just ran away bcs they can do that aswell.

I am just impressed that the OP was on the EZ killing side and is reporting that Flame Arrow is still too much. 🙂

I agree in Pvp that is bad.. In PVE please don't take it away, its about the only thing can use at times against Alpha and or stronger wildlife.. btw Wildlife is more OP than anything. heh.

Edited by Liatni

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Let me see.....

When being attacked by a numerically superior force but with inferior equipment, I will find a defendable position with cover for me, and very little if not none for my attacker.  

I will organize my fire to optimize my rate of fire... in simple terms setup a firing line.  

Lastly when they do set you on fire... run at them to catch them on fire also.  

If you are trying to use the Blunderbuss as a long range weapon you are wrong, it is a poormans shotgun.   It was meant for clearing ship decks, not fighting in open fields. 

And I have been in a few fights... and I understand the server doesnt always play fair.  But that is the nature of the internet.   If you know your armor isn't going to protect you, why risk it.

You are suggesting military tactics in role play scenarios.

That is sadly not how PvP and sieges works in this game. 

We could have a long disicussion about this but it will not change the what is wrong with fire arrows.

The problem is the ground fire dmg does heavy % dmg and kills everything in 2, max 3 hits. 

Making it completely useless to bring any high lvl armor , weapons and tames. 

Forcing the PvP meta into just jumping around naked with fire arrows.

why I bother is because I really like this game and feel the end game PvP could be very exciting  but it is completely pointless  in the current state with fire arrows. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Aros said:

You are suggesting military tactics in role play scenarios.

That is sadly not how PvP and sieges works in this game. 

We could have a long disicussion about this but it will not change the what is wrong with fire arrows.

The problem is the ground fire dmg does heavy % dmg and kills everything in 2, max 3 hits. 

Making it completely useless to bring any high lvl armor , weapons and tames. 

Forcing the PvP meta into just jumping around naked with fire arrows.

why I bother is because I really like this game and feel the end game PvP could be very exciting  but it is completely pointless  in the current state with fire arrows. 

Funny I have seen this counter argument in a lot of games like this... but yet when someone uses a variation on real life tactics... it tends to work.   

While this is a game, most of the time 1 shot still kills a naked person with a carbine, or a flintlock.    The biggest issue in a game like this isn't the game mechanics but the amount of dedication players put in avoiding the effort required to use those tactics effectively.   

I have watched dozens of kiddies show up in ArmA3 and get destroyed by a group of milsim hardcore players who put in the work and train to fight as a team.   

10 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Funny I have seen this counter argument in a lot of games like this... but yet when someone uses a variation on real life tactics... it tends to work.   

While this is a game, most of the time 1 shot still kills a naked person with a carbine, or a flintlock.    The biggest issue in a game like this isn't the game mechanics but the amount of dedication players put in avoiding the effort required to use those tactics effectively.   

I have watched dozens of kiddies show up in ArmA3 and get destroyed by a group of milsim hardcore players who put in the work and train to fight as a team.   

Fire Arrows are the equivalent of a guy with a lynx's at 2-3000 Meters with a Nightstalker with heat enabled on the server!  If he somehow misses his first shot and you have a clue you might have a slim opportunity to fight him but the likely hood is your gun wont have the range and you won't know where he took the shot from....  And if you run the wrong way he will likely get you with the next shot....

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Fire Arrows are the equivalent of a guy with a lynx's at 2-3000 Meters with a Nightstalker with heat enabled on the server!  If he somehow misses his first shot and you have a clue you might have a slim opportunity to fight him but the likely hood is your gun wont have the range and you won't know where he took the shot from....  And if you run the wrong way he will likely get you with the next shot....

One on one the bow and flaming arrow is king in this game.  In group fights, the trained, dedicated group will trump the untrained disorganized group no matter the equipment.  

Just now, Hodo said:

One on one the bow and flaming arrow is king in this game.  In group fights, the trained, dedicated group will trump the untrained disorganized group no matter the equipment.  

You don't balance a game around how an orginized group fairs against a disorganized group!  You balance a game on how equals do vs each other.  And there is nothing equal about the mindless use of flame arrows!

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

You don't balance a game around how an orginized group fairs against a disorganized group!  You balance a game on how equals do vs each other.  And there is nothing equal about the mindless use of flame arrows!

In the OP without knowing the whole details that is what you are asking.  For all we know the guys with plate and guns could have been as organized as a bunch of chimps trying to figure out a rubix cube.

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

In the OP without knowing the whole details that is what you are asking.  For all we know the guys with plate and guns could have been as organized as a bunch of chimps trying to figure out a rubix cube.

What part of it takes 15-20 shots from a carbine to kill something

150 stone arrows to kill something

30 shots with a swivel cannon to kill something

20 shots with a balistae to kill something 

2 shots with a flame arrow to kill something is not sinking in here?!?!?!?!?

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

What part of it takes 15-20 shots from a carbine to kill something

150 stone arrows to kill something

30 shots with a swivel cannon to kill something

20 shots with a balistae to kill something 

2 shots with a flame arrow to kill something is not sinking in here?!?!?!?!?

Unless they nerfed the hell out of Carbines last time I shot one I killed a company mate from over 300m with one shot.   Even at close range with a flintlock you can still one shot someone.

Just now, Hodo said:

Unless they nerfed the hell out of Carbines last time I shot one I killed a company mate from over 300m with one shot.   Even at close range with a flintlock you can still one shot someone.

You have actually played with this most recent patch???  They nerfed guns!!! Again!!!  And called it a buff...

Here's an idea...

NERF DAMAGE AGAINST PLAYERS!

INCREASE CRAFTED ARMOR RESISTANCE TO PLAYER DAMAGE.

Stop nerfing things that affect PVE. The game is almost unplayable on my island now because weapon damage is so low while mobs damage remains unchanged.

I hit a lvl 5 Giant Snake in the head with a fire arrow and it did less then 1/4 dmg, that's WITH the fire dot running it's course.... on a lvl 5

Edited by RogueLdr

5 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

You have actually played with this most recent patch???  They nerfed guns!!! Again!!!  And called it a buff...

I have but I just shot a couple of wolves... they buffed animals resistance to guns.  But when my company mates shot each other the damage was still the same.

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I have but I just shot a couple of wolves... they buffed animals resistance to guns.  But when my company mates shot each other the damage was still the same.

so your company mates are shooting each other Naked in other words!!!

Try putting on some armor and see what happens...

Edited by Sulfurblade