Sign in to follow this  
Pretty EASY

nerf flamearrows

Nerf these things they do crazy amounts of damage to players, it makes guns almost completely useless we sunk a few ships and had a lot of pvp in the game now im just telling it from my experience they are toooo strong 2 hits and your dead and you can just keep firing the arrows against a gun that takes a while to reload? today we ambushed 7 people on the beach with fully flate armor with carbines shotguns etc we ran there with 4 people naked with a bow and flame arrows and killed them all?? this shouldn't be possible...

They just nerfed flame arrows heavily like last week. Bow durabilty was nerfed, flame arrow damage was nerfed. Range nerfed. Etc etc. Instead of calling for nerfing into oblivion, you should evaluate whether your skill level is the issue, because most players at this point are saying the opposite of what you just said. Also if you're practically meleeing someone with a carbine, as your post suggests (similar range as shotgun ) then you're doing it wrong. My partner has stood in teh crow's nest of our schooner and sniped tigers on the beach nearby. Carbines are sniper weapons, they shouldn't be used at the same range as shotguns. Their whole advantage is they outrange bows by a mile and from what you said it sounds like your group voluntarily gave up that advantage in the way you pursued the fight, so again, not to be mean, but skill is the more likely factor here.

• Like 2

I don't know bro, but i'm still killing almost everyone with fully gear with flame arrows doesn't matter what they are wearing, put them on fire 2 times and they are dead

it requires 0 skill

• Like 1

So here some balance logic nerf flame arrows from 50% HP per arrow to 33% per arrow wow went from 2 shooting to 3 shooting. Next nerf make arrow drop worse wow when people are using them within punching distance and not even full pulling the string back to begin with that a huge nerf. Now that we successful did barely nothing to stop Fire arrows OP godlyness let now nerf the useless fucking guns into the ground so no one will every think twice about building another gun again. Let the full naked Fire arrows spam tactic rain supreme hahahahahaahhahahah!

Edited by Aquila Ibis
  • Like 1

Honestly wouldn't mind if fire arrows were just gone from the game for good. Zero fun to fight with or against. Even after the nerfs the most optimal way to pvp is still naked with fire arrows. Stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lolifister said:

Honestly wouldn't mind if fire arrows were just gone from the game for good. Zero fun to fight with or against. Even after the nerfs the most optimal way to pvp is still naked with fire arrows. Stupid.

They need to add a body slam, won't even need fire arrows.

3 minutes ago, Lolifister said:

Yeah I agree, I don't see their place.  They are op on ships too.  I don't think someone should be able to come sink your ships before you even have a chance to respond.  Why can't we get a warning when a ship or wall is being attacked so we can have a chance to defend it as well?

• Like 3

Just now, Big Bojangles said:

Yeah I agree, I don't see their place.  They are op on ships too.  I don't think someone should be able to come sink your ships before you even have a chance to respond.  Why can't we get a warning when a ship or wall is being attacked so we can have a chance to defend it as well?

Yeah, that is definitely a big part of the problem as well. Ships should be sunk by cannons, not by naked guys entering your base in the middle of the night with fire arrows. Such low effort for so much potential damage.

• Like 1

Take your PvP elsewhere!  All these nerfs being called to 'balance' is having a dire consequence on PvE to.  Do what the gent above said.. and just start a carbine snipe meta.  If you're getting in range of a bow and arrow, that's not a nerf call.

21 hours ago, Pretty EASY said:

I don't know bro, but i'm still killing almost everyone with fully gear with flame arrows doesn't matter what they are wearing, put them on fire 2 times and they are dead

it requires 0 skill

The skill part is understanding that if you have a carbine, you don't need to get anywhere near the guy with the bow to kill him, and as long as you stay outside his range, the power of his bow doesn't matter. 

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

The skill part is understanding that if you have a carbine, you don't need to get anywhere near the guy with the bow to kill him, and as long as you stay outside his range, the power of his bow doesn't matter. 

Okay but you are assuming we have eyes in the back of our head/ass. How about 2 fire arrows shouldn't kill you. Period. 

Edited by Maffia

To those about flame arrows. What about removing sap price from fire arrows, just lit the fiber or thatch on the end of it. Then add thrown oil jars. Fire arrow without oil debuff will hurt only by like 20% of their damage but if oiled then will deal full damage as it was before nerfs. Also no ground fires unless oil jar was thrown there, it would have aoe so someone hit with the jar would have a pool under them aswell.

12 minutes ago, Maffia said:

Okay but you are assuming we have eyes in the back of our head/ass. How about 2 fire arrows shouldn't kill you. Period. 

Eyes in the back of your head is exactly what you need to play a game where lions and tigers and crocs come at you any time from anywhere and rarely exhibit the courtesy of making sure they are where you can see them first. Your pvp opponent even less so. In a survival game, situational awareness is perhaps the single most important skill in the game. Watch your six. Always.

Now if flame arrows are killing everyone in 2 hits and everything else takes significantly more hits, then I'll grant you they either need to have damage reevaluated or have a lot of drawbacks. Some drawbacks were just put in, but if they were sufficient is a perfectly debatable matter. After further testing myself, I'm inclined to agree they probably need further tweaking, but it's better to do these things by increments than by sledgehammer. 

Side note: Flame arrows in rl historically weren't much of a thing used against other human beings. Traditonally they had one primary useful purpose, that being set a structure on fire that you couldn't set on fire because there was a wall between you and it. Shooting another human being with an arrow set on fire tended not to kill them any faster unless they were budhist monks who had already doused themselves in gasoline, and in that case they were probably likely to self immolate in the next few minutes anyway. Flame arrows as a trope are primarily an artifice of Hollywood, presumably because they look cool on film.

10 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

To those about flame arrows. What about removing sap price from fire arrows, just lit the fiber or thatch on the end of it. Then add thrown oil jars. Fire arrow without oil debuff will hurt only by like 20% of their damage but if oiled then will deal full damage as it was before nerfs. Also no ground fires unless oil jar was thrown there, it would have aoe so someone hit with the jar would have a pool under them aswell.

Interesting and realistic suggestion.

can't we just remove flame arrow from PvP servers completely... and leave it untouched for PvE servers?

2 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

can't we just remove flame arrow from PvP servers completely... and leave it untouched for PvE servers?

Vorxius I don't think your understanding mate!  I understand you want the flame arrows to be good so there is SOMETHING capable of kill the out of balance Predators...  We all understand this but don't you think that something should be I dont know a Carbine an actual gunpowder weapon!  Shouldnt they be buffing the weapons that should be powerfull...

Heck you could hit an animal right now with a Ballistae and do less damage then a fire arrow how on earth does that make sense???  I giant propelled Arrow the size of a spear does less damage then a fire arrow???  

Sorry but fire arrows need a real nerf and at the same time gunpowder needs a serious buff....  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

Vorxius I don't think your understanding mate!  I understand you want the flame arrows to be good so there is SOMETHING capable of kill the out of balance Predators...  We all understand this but don't you think that something should be I dont know a Carbine an actual gunpowder weapon!  Shouldnt they be buffing the weapons that should be powerfull...

Heck you could hit an animal right now with a Ballistae and do less damage then a fire arrow how on earth does that make sense???  I giant propelled Arrow the size of a spear does less damage then a fire arrow???  

Sorry but fire arrows need a real nerf and at the same time gunpowder needs a serious buff....  

Right now balistas are useless anyway, no need to compare to anything, 300 dmg to wood, propably the same to living creatures. Other than whales there's no point ever wasting those 14 skill points, on top of that, catapult exists which no one uses.

Not quite awake yet when I saw this thread, and I read it as:

Nerf Flamingos

and I thought, flamingoes!  Where are the flamingos?

10 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Right now balistas are useless anyway, no need to compare to anything, 300 dmg to wood, propably the same to living creatures. Other than whales there's no point ever wasting those 14 skill points, on top of that, catapult exists which no one uses.

Ineed they are a waist of skill points but they shouldn't be!   A balistae  shot should be an instant kill to pretty much anything even a player in plate armor,  we are talking about a crazy weapon that would rip a man apart heck it would rip anything apart....  And then catapults they should do some serious siege damage but they don't....

The problem is Animals, Walls, People all have far too much health....  Stone for instance has 10,000 HP and a large cannon does like 100 damage, which would require 100 shots to destroy 1 stone wall....  

Now ^^^ I am mixed about that, I think bases should be very hard to break as most of this game ends up griefing people while they sleep....  but at the same time that just seems a bit unrealistically off.....  I think they could cut the number of shots in half and it would be at a far better spot....  50 shots at 200 damage each seems for reasonable...  Or use a catapult and need only 25 shots at 400 damage!  And I think you can justify the low tech catapult being better then the cannon because of the size of the rock the catapult propels compared to the size of the cannon ball....  Thus making the catapult useful at its job....

Honestly the balistae of all things should be your alpha killer... It needs such a buff towards animals its not funny!

Edited by Sulfurblade

8 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

I know I know, I'm all for realistic weapon damage, in PvE it doesn't matter, but alas like all MMOs PvP is the god of balancing focus.  If you had a rifle that could outright kill a naked guy then you'd be spot on.. infact most projectile weapons would pretty much kill a naked dude.  I agree that a gun, should one shot someone in the head, maim someone if shot in the leg...  But you'll get the wrath of the almighty streamers.... and we wouldn't want to upset the vaunted guild of 'influencers' that grapeshot worships with every living breath.

We had it with Elite Dangerous, almost permanent twiddling of 'balance' for PvP wrecking ball to PvE, and in Atlas, in PvE, flame arrow is for me working as intended.. I'm sure a wolf fireball is supposed to hurt it..  My distain isn't aimed at anyone specifically, just the kneejerk of slashing numbers in a config file, than actually making sense of logical game design decisions. 

I don't care who or what you are... a cannon ball to the face will tear off your head.  Mother nature has no neck muscle strong enough to resist a 6kg ball of iron travelling at 150 m/s...   will streamers still kick up a stink about being one shot by galleon artillery?  OFC THEY WILL !   lol.  There's no winning 😞

3 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Ineed they are a waist of skill points but they shouldn't be!   A balistae  shot should be an instant kill to pretty much anything even a player in plate armor,  we are talking about a crazy weapon that would rip a man apart heck it would rip anything apart....  And then catapults they should do some serious siege damage but they don't....

The problem is Animals, Walls, People all have far too much health....  Stone for instance has 10,000 HP and a large cannon does like 100 damage, which would require 100 shots to destroy 1 stone wall....  

Now ^^^ I am mixed about that, I think bases should be very hard to break as most of this game ends up griefing people while they sleep....  but at the same time that just seems a bit unrealistically off.....  I think they could cut the number of shots in half and it would be at a far better spot....  50 shots at 200 damage each seems for reasonable...  Or use a catapult and need only 25 shots at 400 damage!  And I think you can justify the low tech catapult being better then the cannon because of the size of the rock the catapult propels compared to the size of the cannon ball....  Thus making the catapult useful at its job....

Honestly the balistae of all things should be your alpha killer... It needs such a buff towards animals its not funny!

Would prefer balista doing more damage to anything (SoDs for example) as hoped for it to be a poor mans cannon since don't have iron nodes on the grid but aparently they just simply suck. Also medium cannon does few hundreds to stone wall. Walls hp doesn't matter, each type of wall have their own resistances (dunno why thatch even is a thing, wood walls work the same), the walls just have different resistances, for example stone walls resist tools requiring sieging equipment and also resist animals chewing on them for half hour so unless they glitch in, tohu art safe.

3 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

I know I know, I'm all for realistic weapon damage, in PvE it doesn't matter, but alas like all MMOs PvP is the god of balancing focus.  If you had a rifle that could outright kill a naked guy then you'd be spot on.. infact most projectile weapons would pretty much kill a naked dude.  I agree that a gun, should one shot someone in the head, maim someone if shot in the leg...  But you'll get the wrath of the almighty streamers.... and we wouldn't want to upset the vaunted guild of 'influencers' that grapeshot worships with every living breath.

We had it with Elite Dangerous, almost permanent twiddling of 'balance' for PvP wrecking ball to PvE, and in Atlas, in PvE, flame arrow is for me working as intended.. I'm sure a wolf fireball is supposed to hurt it..  My distain isn't aimed at anyone specifically, just the kneejerk of slashing numbers in a config file, than actually making sense of logical game design decisions. 

I don't care who or what you are... a cannon ball to the face will tear off your head.  Mother nature has no neck muscle strong enough to resist a 6kg ball of iron travelling at 150 m/s...   will streamers still kick up a stink about being one shot by galleon artillery?  OFC THEY WILL !   lol.  There's no winning 😞

were the problem as I see it is....

Is the strange desparity between Player Health and Animal health????

Why do feral wolves and lions have upwards of 300-400 HP???  And a Player a small fraction of that???

Why do Tamed Creatures have 10 X the HP because there tame???

All animals need there HP lowered and Tamed animals should have Zero advantage over Feral other then being trainable and thus able to make them via leveling more powerful....

3 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Would prefer balista doing more damage to anything (SoDs for example) as hoped for it to be a poor mans cannon since don't have iron nodes on the grid but aparently they just simply suck. Also medium cannon does few hundreds to stone wall. Walls hp doesn't matter, each type of wall have their own resistances (dunno why thatch even is a thing, wood walls work the same), the walls just have different resistances, for example stone walls resist tools requiring sieging equipment and also resist animals chewing on them for half hour so unless they glitch in, tohu art safe.

Be nice if the material cost of buildings reflected the durability. The difference in cost between Wood and Stone is similar, but Stone is obviously alot better. 

Edited by ShoulderRabbit

4 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Watching streamer sporadicaly for past few hours since can't play the game with all the bad things. Aparently carabine deals 39 dmg body shoot to a plate armored person (where's that armor penetration?) or a pistol deals 60+ to a naked body (and they did not complain!). But us PvE players have to deal with swarms of wolves and other things that don't have only 100+ hp, they have 300+ and they don't even die on headshot anymore without any plate helmet on their heads. What about alphas, now the only way are fire arrows, before pistol dealt 62 dmg to alpha head, now propably deals like 30-40, it gonna regenerate faster than we kill it at this point.

3 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Watching streamer sporadicaly for past few hours since can't play the game with all the bad things. Aparently carabine deals 39 dmg body shoot to a plate armored person (where's that armor penetration?) or a pistol deals 60+ to a naked body (and they did not complain!). But us PvE players have to deal with swarms of wolves and other things that don't have only 100+ hp, they have 300+ and they don't even die on headshot anymore without any plate helmet on their heads. What about alphas, now the only way are fire arrows, before pistol dealt 62 dmg to alpha head, now propably deals like 30-40, it gonna regenerate faster than we kill it at this point.

I agree, and is the source of my beef.  They need to make weapons effective against the crap thrown at us on islands (PvE), but they can't because you have streamers wailing and calling nerf because they're getting destroyed trying to naked zerg entrenched defenders.  Their only choice therefore is to nerf animals.  Which they did...  but only tamed ones... again because apparently a grizzly bear is deadly against a naked human... so they nerfed tamed bears et al.  Absolute tripe.  No one thought to blanket nerf ALL animals instead..  oh no.. so now we have alphas ranging 250 in level, and all weaponry has been nerf balanced against pvp fail.  doh 😞

• Like 1

You guys don’t seem to understand the issue. 

A direct fire arrow to the face is balanced dmg.

but shoot the ground in front of your target so they take the stupid structure dmg debuff.

with the ground shot fire arrow you can kill everything in 2 arrows. Alpha bears, bosses, plate enemies. Yea you get it , everything. 

Hitting the ground ain’t hard.

guns and armor are all totally useless in PvP as of now.