Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

How many cannons can I safely place on a Schooner?

12 minutes ago, Tiberius_theron said:

How many cannons can I safely place on a Schooner? 6 or 8? Thinking either 3 or 4 medium cannons each side. So we can go destroy some Ghost Ships?

Why not at the back of the ship at then shoot them as they follow.

i have 8 on mine with room for 2 more, since the weight change to ships it is easy to have a full cannon load out if you have enough crew (NPC or PC) to man them

2 hours ago, Tiberius_theron said:

How many cannons can I safely place on a Schooner? 6 or 8? Thinking either 3 or 4 medium cannons each side. So we can go destroy some Ghost Ships?

It sounds like you're asking what's the bare minimum cannons you can have and still win against Damned Ships right? Well,  you could get away with 5 total, just put them all on one side. I wouldn't try more than 1 on 1 like that though. 4 per side would be the lowest I would go personally for normal cannons. Large cannons maybe 3 per side since they hit harder and have a longer range. 

3 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

Why not at the back of the ship at then shoot them as they follow.

I've been thinking of giving this a try. Using large cannons, can you hit them from outside their own firing range? - Schooners are fast, so if that was the case I'm guessing it should be possible to match speed so they are stucking chasing, eating hits?

Is that viable?

How many large cannons would you recommend?

9 minutes ago, RyuujinZERO said:

I've been thinking of giving this a try. Using large cannons, can you hit them from outside their own firing range? - Schooners are fast, so if that was the case I'm guessing it should be possible to match speed so they are stucking chasing, eating hits?

Is that viable?

How many large cannons would you recommend?

Never fought them but can already tell that even raft can outrun a SoD, don't know about a red one tho, red one propably is a suicide. Waiting with ship for the patch 10.. even tho would like different system... why not take adventage of that and save some res right?, so... dunno realy. One of players on island said that a viable tactic is to use a sloop with medium speed sail and a cannon on back... and just keep shooting it as it follows, they did not mention what cannon tho. The problem with big cannon is, they can only shoot in 1 direction meaning if will have to avoid something on the way, can't shoot, depends how good big cannons are tbh, seen only normal cannons in action, big never. For a lvl 1 SoD it should take like 15-20 medium cannon balls since they deal 1300 dmg + some aoe which gets it close to 2k dmg.

Ah also, yes, can shoot them outside their range, just noticed that question, the cannonballs in this game are super slow so they keep firing as long as being in their range but with enough speed, those cannon balls should land right behind in water. Tested with rafts... so guess with schooner that is much faster that gona be even easier to achive.

Edited by Nightstrasza

I currently have 11 cannons 10 met 1 large and over 400 balls on a schooner and I could still add more to the top deck easily