Sign in to follow this  
Cobalt

The game has been broken

Dont get me wrong, this is an early access game, I totally get that.

However after what I heard today and what I experienced I am comfortable with saying the game is broken until an update prevents players from destroying other player ships in pve servers. My ships have been sunk now and I saw it happen, players name was "Edward Kenway" sunk a ton of ships on E5's south island.

I spoke to the player calmly because it is just a game.. and clearly he was not very bright and just enjoyed doing what he could do. Sinking ships with his inventory weight, he sunk several while I was there. He said I need a brain then said there was water in the one I had? "That's an interesting statement But im not sure why you would state that, we all have water in our brains" I told him. Then I said "the brain is made up of about 75% water" He then just said hes leaving have fun with your game. Nice guy.

My neighbor on the island had at least 15 to 20 ships, all sunk and salvaged. I dont think im alone with saying, if you cant put ships in the water without the possibility of another player sinking it in PVE, then PVE is broken until thats fixed.

I see the solution in the mean time, build your ships but do not launch them, keep them in the yard. I and many others will not launch another ship until its fixed which is really sad because how much of the game actually involves the players ship? The next update should be changed to fix this, I think a lot of players would agree.

I really enjoy the game even with its bugs but this is game breaking for a lot of people including myself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yup, PvE is pretty much unplayable right now with this exploit becoming more and more popular. Someone got our Schooner last night and while I have a replacement (and a Brig) pretty much ready to go I refuse to launch them until this is fixed. This is the sort of thing you fix with an emergency patch, not something you say you're aware of and then go radio silence on for several days. 

• Like 3

Yup. The only reason my longtime gaming buddy didn't quit the game this morning is because I can be incredibly persuasive when I want to be. Also the compromise was no more official servers, only unofficial, and it's because our schooner base was sunk overnight, probably with this method.

If your game is based around sailing ships, and an exploit allows ships to be sunk through non combat easily in pve, I am in complete agreement this is game breaking and warrants hotfixing. If sailing was supposed to be an ancillary feature then fine, look at it down the road or when you get to it.  But right now, people are afraid to either make new ships or take existing ships out of shipyard. Hard to test your pirate game if nobody on pve side wants to sail. And saying go play pvp is an answer only if you think the devs are seriously considering making the game pvp only, and if you think that, then I have some real estate in florida we should discuss.

1 minute ago, Dohospody said:

Early access broken ? Reálný?  What a suprise 🙂

Early Access broken in a way that is problematic for the testing EA is supposed to be about, so yeah, not only broken, but broken and probably merits priority. See reasoning just posted.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dohospody said:

Early access broken ? Realy?  What a suprise 🙂

This is certainly part of early access. Personally, I'm not pissed specifically that someone used this exploit to sink our ship. This sort of thing does happen in early access and I know that going in. The problem is that its a major game breaking exploit that has gone unfixed for several days now and there are no signs its going to be fixed in the near future. Early access or not, that's an issue.     

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Stop using a raft and level up your ships to weight.

We're not talking about rafts here and the weight level of the ship is irrelevant. Its possible to carry massive amounts of weight (pretty much infinite) on a single player through the pickup exploit. A single determined player could, in theory sink a max level Galleon in PvE. With a few people and some planning? It's easy. Just search YouTube... there are videos of people doing it.     

8 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Switch to a PvP server for now!

That's not a solution to the problem, just something else to do in the meantime. 

Just now, MaxPower said:

We're not talking about rafts here and the weight level of the ship is irrelevant. Its possible to carry massive amounts of weight (pretty much infinite) on a single player through the pickup exploit. A single determined player could, in theory sink a max level Galleon in PvE. With a few people and some planning? It's easy. Just search YouTube... there are videos of people doing it.     

That's not a solution to the problem, just something else to do in the meantime. 

And here I thought players could just sail their ship...you know away from known griefing ports. Or put it in a safe location behind a wall. The only ones at fault here are you guys.

Just now, IsilithTehroth said:

And here I thought players could just sail their ship...you know away from known griefing ports. Or put it in a safe location behind a wall. The only ones at fault here are you guys.

lol you can use a pick to climb over walls and grapple weighted players up, over and onto a boat.

2 minutes ago, scurvydawgsinc said:

lol you can use a pick to climb over walls and grapple weighted players up, over and onto a boat.

Goes to show what you really know about this game. You can't climb or grapple while overweight. You can also build a ceiling if your wall is high enough.

4 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

You weren't even aware that you can trivially sink a Gallion with an exploit and advised people stop using rafts and level up weight... how useful do you think your other advice is eh?

Tell you what, what grid ref are you in? Be happy to show you how your walls will do exactly nothing. Barely even a speedbump.

3 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Goes to show what you really know about this game. You can't climb or grapple while overweight. You can also build a ceiling if your wall is high enough.

Yeah, as far as you know eh?

Good job there isn't an in game exploit (that I very much doubt has been fixed) that makes it trivial to break through stone walls eh? Oh no.

You're wrong chap, very wrong.

9 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

You weren't even aware that you can trivially sink a Gallion with an exploit and advised people stop using rafts and level up weight... how useful do you think your other advice is eh?

Tell you what, what grid ref are you in? Be happy to show you how your walls will do exactly nothing. Barely even a speedbump.

Sorry I just didn't think people were dumb enough to allow anyone access to their crafted things. Also feel free to visit my island. We will just kill you or have our GUN MANNED npcs kill you first.

1) Why are you allowing someone access to your Galleon.

2) Why are you allowing someone that is litterally taking baby steps access to your Galleon.

3) You do realize how much weight you need to sink a level 1 Galleon right? That person has to be litterally farming for an hour+.

4) Here I thought our Galleons were leveling up to enable things like more weight, speed and such. Guess it only applies to my company.

5) This isn't an exploit. Its a game mechanic to stop zergs of players from loading up on a single ship and carrying thousands and thousands of materials on a sloop.

6) Stop being a whiney bitch and learn to protect your assets, roll up your ship ladders or better yet leave the starting free ports.

Edited by IsilithTehroth
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Sorry I just didn't think people were dumb enough to allow anyone access to their crafted things. Also feel free to visit my island. We will just kill you or have our MANNED npcs kill you first.

2) Why are you allowing someon that is litterally taking baby steps access to your Galleon.

3) You do realize how much weight you need to sink a level 1 Galleon right? That person has to be litterally farming for an hour.

4) Here I thought our Galleons were leveling up to enable things like more weight, speed and such. Guess it only applies to my company.

5) This isn't an exploit. Its a game mechanic to stop zergs of players from loading up on a single ship and carrying thousands and thousands of materials on a sloop.

6) Stop being a whiney bitch and learn to protect your assets.

1) You don't need to allow anybody access.

2) A person can be grap dragged by their partner at full speed

3) Nowhere near an hour

4) You can take your weight up to any level you like using this exploit

5) It isn't an exploit to allow a character to have unlimted weight in their inventory and be moved around full speed? Addtionally this exploit allows exactly that, try again.

I'll leave 6 and just say you don't know what you are talking about.

NPC's... lol, what was that location then? I'm sure that plenty will happily put your theories to the test.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Sorry I just didn't think people were dumb enough to allow anyone access to their crafted things. Also feel free to visit my island. We will just kill you or have our GUN MANNED npcs kill you first.

2) Why are you allowing someone that is litterally taking baby steps access to your Galleon.

3) You do realize how much weight you need to sink a level 1 Galleon right? That person has to be litterally farming for an hour+.

6) Stop being a whiney bitch and learn to protect your assets, roll up your ship ladders or better yet leave the starting free ports.

Man I hate dealing with whiny children like you. Perhaps if you actually bothered to read you'd know this topic is about PvE… not PvP. There is literally nothing you can do about someone on your ship in PvE. Being leveled up also has nothing to do with it either. Using exploits players can carry unlimited weight so whatever your ships max weight is, a player is capable of carrying (and moving with) more weight. This IS an exploit. The devs have already acknowledged that you shouldn't be able top use this mechanic to sink other players ships in PvE (and carrying unlimited weight shouldn't be possible in PvP either)…. they're just taking their sweet time doing something about it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Man I hate dealing with whiny children like you. Perhaps if you actually bothered to read you'd know this topic is about PvE… not PvP. There is literally nothing you can do about someone on your ship in PvE. Being leveled up also has nothing to do with it either. Using exploits players can carry unlimited weight so whatever your ships max weight is, a player is capable of carrying (and moving with) more weight. This IS an exploit. The devs have already acknowledged that you shouldn't be able top use this mechanic to sink other players ships in PvE (and carrying unlimited weight shouldn't be possible in PvP either)…. they're just taking their sweet time doing something about it.  

I'm not the one crying up a storm about how I left my Galleon unmanned next to a freeport. Sorry shitties learn to protect your assets.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

To be fair I think it is just as much of an exploit on PvP... only difference being that you kind of have a right to expect this sort of thing to not be happening even more on PVE.

3 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

I'm not the one crying up a storm about how I left my Galleon unmanned next to a freeport. Sorry shitties learn to protect your assets.

No, you're the one flapping his trap when you clearly have no idea about it whatsoever as evidenced by your totally useless advice and suggestions.

So lets have that location then, put your money where your mouth is... otherwise you're just making noise.

Edited by Not Happy
  • Like 2