Darkintellect

Fix for PvE ship sinking griefers

If ship is overweight or overpopulated >

1. Not able to move nor take any damage , does not matter if its docked or not.
  2. Ability to eject people not in company from the ship so they cant sleep / camp it.

Guess this would mostly fix the annoying things happening on pve' servers though.

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but i think we encountered another griffing method. 

While we were anchored and going for treasure on that island.  i think  somebuddy put a stone pillar under our ship and on rising the anchor our ship got heavy damage and lost 4 planks in seconds.  

A) Theres a suggestion section.

B) This suggestion would be an exploit. Team mate leaves company, fill him with mats, get home, rejoin.

For the sake of game play, just immobilise the ship , maybe the deck should break as a penalty if its overloaded.

Once this is fixed, everyone will be complaining about people blocking their ships and docks with other ships. 

I'm sure it's been suggested but they should just make it so ships don't sink when overweight but just aren't able to move, then they could take their sweet time fixing the exploits. While we couldn't move the ship, at least we'd still have it.

Is this really still happening?  I don't understand how this is not the #1 priority of the devs.  

9 hours ago, Gaxon said:

Once this is fixed, everyone will be complaining about people blocking their ships and docks with other ships. 

That is already happening. Griefer got upset when his tame 10 feet in front of our base was unstuck from bamboo as I was harvesting thatch. He got rude then used a galleon, brig and dingy to block 2 sloops and a schooner that is still being built.

Wont resort to gamey exploits to remove his ships so I just built up foundations  so that his galleon cannot move. Will remove once he apologizes for his behavior

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caleindal said:

That is already happening. Griefer got upset when his tame 10 feet in front of our base was unstuck from bamboo as I was harvesting thatch. He got rude then used a galleon, brig and dingy to block 2 sloops and a schooner that is still being built.

Wont resort to gamey exploits to remove his ships so I just built up foundations  so that his galleon cannot move. Will remove once he apologizes for his behavior

🤔

Edited by MindOfMadness

Lost two ships to this last night, as did probably everybody else on our island, to a group coming through looking for easy loot.  This is stupid that it's still happening weeks after first report.

1 minute ago, Caleindal said:

foundations not an exploit,  loading up players with over 40k is

How is using them to block someone's progress not?

17 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

🤔

1 minute ago, MindOfMadness said:

How is using them to block someone's progress not?

If you don't understand the term exploit there is no use continuing this with you

I don't agree with what they did but "two wrongs don't make a right"...

Just now, Caleindal said:

If you don't understand the term exploit there is no use continuing this with you

Both are in the games programming and if it was a big issue with the devs they would fix it.

Sounds like you can't explain how one is not an exploit and one is.

2 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

I don't agree with what they did but "two wrongs don't make a right"...

Both are in the games programming and if it was a big issue with the devs they would fix it.

The overweight to sink ships will get fixed,  not a high priority atm. They added locks and pin codes to the crafting stations already

Using foundations to grief another player because you want to annoy them...

Using weight to grief another player because you want to annoy them...

They are both exploits if used to grief.

2 minutes ago, Caleindal said:

The overweight to sink ships will get fixed,  not a high priority atm. They added locks and pin codes to the crafting stations already

Maybe...  We really don't know what they'll do.

Taking away the weight sink will open up a bunch of new problems. Like overweight players logging out on or parking a pile of rafts around your boat to keep you from moving.

Or just putting rafts or sloops in your shipyard port to block it.

3 minutes ago, Caleindal said:

You are assuming this is actually unintended behavior.  Sinking enemy ships is a strategy that definitely can be seen as a real game strategy by sneaky players in PvP, obviously not an ideal thing to have in PvE.  But the idea that your ship is 100% immune to being overweight is unimmersive and would be just as game breaking as being able to sink them.  Additional mechanics can be added to something like the dry dock to allow placing ships back in there both for repairs/preventing the overweight issue from occuring, or creating actual docks as anchor points to allow you to tie the ship off.. or even adding in rules to prevent people from being on the ship in PvE.  There are a ton of possible solutions that they can pick but anything that is going to remove "griefing" from PvP will likely not be selected.

20190114074201_1.thumb.jpg.1f7888cc7d61e5ae9b63d972c1dc3794.jpg

20190114073639_1.thumb.jpg.6d624b0e5bdc3bc513ac48c0a1245620.jpg

Heilong regiment chinees people were sinming the ships, i have more screens from this.

I suggest bans on those players for making unjust use of flaws in the game.

Let's face it, most of us paid 20 euro for the game and we desire fair play.

I’d say just don’t let ships on a PVE server be skinable when the player or everyone from the company is offline. The ship can decay while offline but not be sunk by others or npc ships of the damned, whatever they are called. 

Edited by Anne Wildcat

It's been a week since they've acknowledge this griefing problem. Can we please get a fix by the end of the week so I can start over again this Friday???

I noticed a guy attempting this to my neighbor on PvE. His way to combat it was just taking to the ocean. The guy obviously didn't want to deal with the trouble of salvaging in the deep ocean. It sucks that he had to do that, but was great to watch the overweight guy give up.

Spent three days farming for a Schooner. Got to sail it once and then it was destroyed by a griefer.

Most people choose PvE because it allows them to play casually, balancing their gaming hobby with other aspects of life (i.e. work, family, school). Currently PvE is broken, so that these casual players can have hours of work erased; hours that are especially precious because this type of casual player is often too busy to invest a significant amount of hours into a game.

I used to be a no-life PvP gamer, it was great, and I miss it; but I have other focuses I must attend to. So, I was having great fun with this game on the main PvE server until my schooner I had spent many hours pimping out was gone over night.

Rational will not allow me to continue to invest time into this game if I cannot advance to the more diversed gameplay that becomes available at higher levels. Please fix this exploit so I can continue my pursuit of becoming a successful Explorer of Oceans and Sinker of Ghost Ships.

Edited by Queequeg
  • Like 1

An exploit that allows one player to cost another significant (or sometimes all) progress in a PVE environment is a major exploit, and should absolutely be a priority.  

Wake up devs. That’s unbelivable. Just remove weight when anchored or imobilise the  ship my god. Its killing beginning player

Sorry i am not english