Scorpionshawn

WOULD YOU PAY FOR SERVERS THAT HAVE IN GAME SUPPORT?

:skull: WHEN I FIRST HEARD ABOUT THIS GAME I THOUGHT HEY I HOPE THIS WILL BE AS BIG AS WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

THERE ARE A LOT OF OLD WoW PLAYERS ON THIS GAME NOW. I BET A GOOD AMOUNT OF THEM WOULD PAY THE 15 BUCKS A MONTH TO GRAPESHOT FOR SERVERS THAT HAVE IN GAME SUPPORT AS WELL AS MAKING US THE PAY GROUP FEEL LIKE WE ARE IN A EXCLUSIVE MAP. THIS WOULD NOT ONLY BRING GRAPESHOT A TON MORE MONEY ITS A WIN WIN FOR EVERYONE BECAUSE THEY WILL HOPEFUL USE SOME OF THAT MONEY TO ADVANCE THE GAME. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THINGS LIKE AND AUCTION HOUSE IN THIS GAME AS WELL AS SOME SORT OF BATTLE GROUNDS MAPS THAT HAVE KING OF THE HILL 2V2 TEAM STYLE BATTLES... 

I KNOW A LOT OF YOU MIGHT SAY THIS IS STUPID AND I WOULDN'T PAY. WELL IM NOT TALKING TO TO IM TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO WOULD! IM ALSO SAYING YEAH KEEP THE FREE SERVERS UP FOR THOSE WHO DONT WANT TO PAY FOR IN GAME SUPPORT. :skull:

WOULD YOU PAY A MONTHLY FEE OF 15 BUCKS FOR GRAPESHOT EXCLUSIVE SERVERS???

• Like 1

not really, I can pay £9 a month and have my own server, set to anything I want.  I want more animals... click of a finger.  Higher material collection yields... snap.  Buff arrows?  click.  Nerf creature spawns?  one wink of an eye and like god, DONE.  If something irritates me, I can change it.

I don't want to PAY a sub to constantly moan and kick off about stuff when, for less I can click ones finger like Harry Potter and make it happen myself immediately.

You have to remember we're in testing phase, peeps are testing mechanics at the moment, broken mechanics.  Most irritation is through wasted time (Galleon destroyed by an alpha ant)....no claims etc etc etc..  Private server allows one to get to the bits they want to test, not get stuck in some loss loop and never get anywhere because of broken game mechanics.

Otherwise, if the game was polished, and was close to perfection, then a sub, could be justified.

44 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

not really, I can pay £9 a month and have my own server, set to anything I want.  I want more animals... click of a finger.  Higher material collection yields... snap.  Buff arrows?  click.  Nerf creature spawns?  one wink of an eye and like god, DONE.  If something irritates me, I can change it.

I don't want to PAY a sub to constantly moan and kick off about stuff when, for less I can click ones finger like Harry Potter and make it happen myself immediately.

You have to remember we're in testing phase, peeps are testing mechanics at the moment, broken mechanics.  Most irritation is through wasted time (Galleon destroyed by an alpha ant)....no claims etc etc etc..  Private server allows one to get to the bits they want to test, not get stuck in some loss loop and never get anywhere because of broken game mechanics.

Otherwise, if the game was polished, and was close to perfection, then a sub, could be justified.

:skull: I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN GET A SERVER TO HOST FOR FREE BRO. I PLAY OFFICIAL BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOU ABUSING YOUR GOD LIKE POWERS AND I HAVE A FAIR SHOT WITH OTHER PLAYERS AND YES I WOULD PAY FOR THAT ALSO YOU MISSED THE "IN GAME SUPPORT BY GRAPESHOT" IF YOU SAY THEY ARE BUSY WITH DEVS WELL WITH PAID SERVERS MEANS MORE JOBS DUH :skull:

I WOULD PAY A SUB FEE FOR OFFICIAL SERVERS

2 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

:skull: I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN GET A SERVER TO HOST FOR FREE BRO. I PLAY OFFICIAL BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOU ABUSING YOUR GOD LIKE POWERS AND I HAVE A FAIR SHOT WITH OTHER PLAYERS AND YES I WOULD PAY FOR THAT ALSO YOU MISSED THE "IN GAME SUPPORT BY GRAPESHOT" IF YOU SAY THEY ARE BUSY WITH DEVS WELL WITH PAID SERVERS MEANS MORE JOBS DUH :skull:

I WOULD PAY A SUB FEE FOR OFFICIAL SERVERS

There are mmo games which don't milk players with subs and still have GMs in game, money won't fix it, they just gonna have better life from the money, not actualy invest it.

Edited by Nightstrasza

I would definitely pay for a well managed server with active support  where I can play with others. Hosting my own server for a few bucks/month is trivial but no fun. But I would definitely pay for a stable server with housekeeping, support, classic (wow) features , modern TOS,  and the social multiplayer factor.

• Like 1

:skull: IF YOUR IN A OFFICIAL PAID SERVER YOU HAVE LESS BUMS GRIFFINS AND LITTLE TO NO HACKING BECAUSE YOU CAN REPORT IT RIGHT AWAY AND IMMEDIATE ACTION WOULD BE TAKEN. THIS WOULD ALSO MEAN MORE LAND BECAUSE OF PEOPLE WHO DROP THEIR SUB WOULD OPEN UP MORE AREA FOR NEW PLAYERS AND I WOULD BET GRAPESHOT WOULDN'T MIND THE EXTRA MONEY TO COME IN FROM A PAID SERVER. :skull:

I can see that as a possible option in the future, but man... we are so far away from having a stable game at this point. Are you thinking Grapeshot would focus on the 'paid' server first, with few if any bugs? If so, what about all the other people who ponied up $25/29 for EA? Get on the 'paid' server for better service and game play? I think this would piss more people off at this point.

Edited by Maar

I would more than happily pay a sub fee for ingame support *provided* that ingame support was guaranteed to meet certain measurables ie ticket time responses, issue resolution windows etc. Ark has had times when response to official tickets took up to six weeks. That is not support I'm willing to pay for. Same day response  with 72 hour resolution in most cases? Sure, I'd fork out for that. Then again, I've always been the sort of gamer that considered people complaining about 15 bucks a month for a game they were sinking more than 50 hours a month into absurd because I do this crazy thing where I compare the cost of my online gaming entertainment per hour to the cost of other forms of entertainment, like going to the movies or taking my girl out. Online gaming is insanely cheap in this light btw.

PS Your font still makes my eyes bleed. #stopkillingretinas

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

I would more than happily pay a sub fee for ingame support *provided* that ingame support was guaranteed to meet certain measurables ie ticket time responses, issue resolution windows etc. Ark has had times when response to official tickets took up to six weeks. That is not support I'm willing to pay for. Same day response  with 72 hour resolution in most cases? Sure, I'd fork out for that. Then again, I've always been the sort of gamer that considered people complaining about 15 bucks a month for a game they were sinking more than 50 hours a month into absurd because I do this crazy thing where I compare the cost of my online gaming entertainment per hour to the cost of other forms of entertainment, like going to the movies or taking my girl out. Online gaming is insanely cheap in this light btw.

Pretty much on the same page. If they had a small tribes + Small alliances server (I don't know, something around 10-20 players max per tribe with a tame and ship limit inline with that and like 3 max Tribes in an alliance), with less pop then is currently on live (I would like to feel there are uncharted regions for me to explore) then I'd fork out for that. As it stans I think the only thing that'll keep me playing is the ability to run a full map dedicated setup (a guy rekons he has achieved this on his own rig with 9 max servers up at any time and with dynamic loading of surrounding zones as you travel) or to make/join an unofficial server that contains the whole map and has a decent bunch of people playing on it.

I’d would pay $50 a month if I could report cheaters.

Also not cool with private servers. Don’t want someone play god. I want a full map with lots of action and fair game play.

1 minute ago, Noodled Jenkins said:

I’d would pay $50 a month if I could report cheaters.

Paypal me 50 bucks and you can report cheaters to me all day long. 

This... "Paypal me 50 bucks"  

Beat me to it! lol

reporting or banning... cause that's a whole different ball game.

If it meant better server performance, stability and support, I'd gladly pay a monthly fee.

3 hours ago, Maar said:

I can see that as a possible option in the future, but man... we are so far away from having a stable game at this point. Are you thinking Grapeshot would focus on the 'paid' server first, with few if any bugs? If so, what about all the other people who ponied up $25/29 for EA? Get on the 'paid' server for better service and game play? I think this would piss more people off at this point.

:skull: IF ENOUGH FANS ASKED FOR IT. THEN HOW COULD PEOPLE GET MAD AS LONG AS THEY OFFER THE FREE SERVERS FOR PEOPLE THAT PAY THE $30 AND FOR THE PEOPLE THAT WANT IN GAME SERVICE PAY THE $15 MONTHLY FEE. WHATS THERE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT LOL :skull:

8 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

There are mmo games which don't milk players with subs and still have GMs in game, money won't fix it, they just gonna have better life from the money, not actualy invest it.

:skull: IF THERE IS A OPTION TO PAY A 15 MO SUB FOR OFFICIAL SERVER WITH IN GAME SERVICE AND KNOWING THAT WOULD NOT ONLY BE A NICE BUMP IN SUPPORT FOR THE GAME BUT ALSO ADD SOME NEW JOBS THAN IM ALL FOR IT AND TAKE MY MONEY. IF ITS NOT FOR YOU THERE IS ALWAYS THE FREE SERVER BUDDY! :skull:

3 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

:skull: IF ENOUGH FANS ASKED FOR IT. THEN HOW COULD PEOPLE GET MAD AS LONG AS THEY OFFER THE FREE SERVERS FOR PEOPLE THAT PAY THE $30 AND FOR THE PEOPLE THAT WANT IN GAME SERVICE PAY THE $15 MONTHLY FEE. WHATS THERE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT LOL :skull:

I would guess, but can't say for sure, that people might be upset about the game not being launched as a subscription based game. And that the addition of such servers at a later time might be viewed as deception by some. More so if the paid servers get priority fixes. Again I don't know. Of course they could offer the first month free (limited time offer) to counter such protests.

Like others have said, I'd be to pay a monthly fee, once the game is better settled. 

OP, cant tell if your trying to persuade people or immediately categorise people as not meant for your idea and thus dismissing them. 

I personally don't mind paying money for a server to have some sort in game support. BUT, the current state of the game will mean that those 'ingame GMs' will be pestered with requests they just wont be able to full fill. 

3 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

THIS WOULD ALSO MEAN MORE LAND BECAUSE OF PEOPLE WHO DROP THEIR SUB WOULD OPEN UP MORE AREA FOR NEW PLAYERS

It wouldn't, the larger companies would take over the plots sooner than the new players can find them. 

We have a private server from a Dedicated PC build for it, but for play on a 15x15 like official, beter than our Dedicated PC he is too low for it .. and no i dont want pay for a server because they never have the 15x15 than the official. 

Nope, I would not pay $15 a month for grapeshot servers, but I would and have donated money to private server owners. I've yet to do this for an unofficial server running Atlas, but will when I find one that I keep playing on for more than a week or two.

If you find a good community that runs a private servers, please consider donating some money to them so they can keep it running.

No need for grapeshot to change their business model, there are already lots of people willing to spend a large amount of their free time to manage and provide in game support. I think private individuals and groups can do a way better job than Grapeshot ever could (in my opinion) and give you a much larger variety of choices for servers to pick from. 

What is unique to this game, is every unofficial server (at least the ones I've seen so far) has a unique map with different islands than each other server. This makes for a real adventure and plenty of exploring to do.