Sign in to follow this  
ExplodingYeti

Keybinds, option, and multiple keyboards

Hi devs, sorry if this post once more look very negative from me, but the entire option thingy in your game is so so bad, i don't think i ever played a game with such bad option/keybind tweaking. I'm pretty sure it work really well if you are an US/Uk resident, but for anyone that actually need to change the default settings it's absolutely trash, if not impossible. To the point i actually need to use a US keyboard setting while playing the game, naturally i have completely different keys (i use azerty). Even in Windows using multiple keyboards is just a fucking mess so you guy from grapeshot aren't the only culprit. I talk 5 languages so i know what i'm talking about.

So in short, if i want to use 'z' instead of 'w' to go forward, ok simple change right? you then now have to also change this setting to go forward while on a boat wheel (it's an other setting on the second page of input setting), well now it reset the going forward with your character, so basically you cannot change it on unless you want to use a super wonky setting. It's just so fucking bad and nerve inducing. So i use an English keyboard setting to avoid that and use default setting, the thing is that every time i have to type in chat or alt tab to use a browser, i also have to change the keyboard, if I don't; half of my letters are just wrong, it's so fucking bad and nerve inducing you wouldn't believe it, i did put a keybind for each my keyboards in windows, but come on, in all other game you can change the setting without problem, why is it one in your game? This just because some setting overlap for no fucking reason at all.

The same exact thing happen if you want to tweak your video setting/keybind and messup up, if you revert to default it put all the fucking setting to default, not only the tab you change but everything, and you have to do it all over again. Since i use a low, mid computer i have to keep in check my cpu/gpu temp so my video setting are top priority, i can't even count now the time i had to do them all over again, honestly fuck this shit.

So while writing this i managed to find the ini file for input and graphic setting and tried to change them, make a copy if something is messing it up. So i managed to tweak them but you forgot a few line of code here (im not a coder by profession but have so much experience in games i usually can figure those things and make small mods). There is no line for turning the wheel left for example. Once i added those everything could be set up properly.

Edited by ExplodingYeti

yes, but that is with more games. Someday I hope they change the layout and UI of the home screen, because imo it’s shit. 

The sensitivity for example, I’m playing on 400 DPI and I have the sens bar almost completely to the left and that is the spot. How can people play this game with way higher DPI..