Ivn

Insane things that have to be corrected in the nearest patch.

Article: NPC, Animals, Ship, Construction

1. NPC
1.1. NPC's undead ships (onward NPC-u) spawning just next to the border of the locations. That has to be changed in urgent. One way is to make the specific zone around the whole area where NPC-u could not spawn and trying to leave (except the battle situation). The second way is to make an indicator (like red colour zone on the wall if the area behind in other location near the border contain NPC-u near). I'm sailing in a small ship and smart enough to avoid a fight with NPC-u, but in present time Players do not see dangers on the opposite side of a wall of the edge the location.
# Lost 3 just crafted ships in Lawless region just in that time when changed location. Last time had 3 NPC-u spawned next to me and opened fire on my weak vessel. Became scared to change location and thinking to finish the game due to the fact that gameplay prevents me to play freely by sailing around the game's world. 

2. Animals
2.1. Crocodiles - first insane shit in the game - too big, too fast, too aggressive.
Needs: make it smaller than a shark or equal, keep it move fast but on short distance or totally slower than now.
2.2. All behaviour of predators have to be change - animals have to tie to the environment what they control. What living on the land have not to attack players in the water (specifically when a player on the ship next to the land. When the player on the ship or in the property, predators attack property not more than a specific time (5 - 10) then change target or drop aggression (for none-predators) <now I'm a very often wake up in death inside my property due to the fact that predators attacking constantly>. Wild Predators could attack predators as well. Wild Predators attacking when the player or none-predator animal comes too close and when predator starving, in other time just wandering as none-predator animals.
# At this moment with the present system very hard to settle down in warm climate regions.

3. Ship
3.1. Ship's constructive must be stronger than now and more customizable. Ships must be difficult to destroy and take due to the fact that ships have to be as a home, base, weapon for Players.
3.2. Need to add more types of small ships (min 2) and one medium size to provide players who love to travel alone more interest. Need to add more constructive elements (like half of half stairs, thinner elements of the wall, door, window (please add a square variant of the window), etc., add more points to connect additional elements to modify vessel, specifically for small ship (like sloop with very very narrow way to move on it around.
3.3. Ships could be possible to sell to NPC in towns to sell to the players or sell directly to other players with the name of crafter (as other craftable things).
3.4. Experience of the ship has to be more valuable - provide more options to modify (like speed, invisible for npc's, etc.) to make the player associate with it and feels like a part of it. To be interested to continue sails on it even if it is small ship and be no as trivial consumable.
3.5. Ships could not be destroyed when anchored next to an island during the month (see Paragraph 3.1 and 4.3) to provide Players to have a break time for Vacations or do something in real life.

4. Construction
4.1. Construction elements have to be limited - no other possibility to add a base element of building on the ground whatnot connected to the first. Add road element (limited in 50 pcs) to increase controlling space and increase movement speed between settlements of Players.
4.2. Increase the off time from 4 days to 6 to provide Players who working 5 days peacefully return to their settlement.
4.3. The number of ships owned by player limited by one (see paragraph 3).
4.4. The number of flags owned by player limited by 2.
4.5. Shipyard (dock) abandoned (empty) by owner must be available to craft the ship for other players and became the owner of it (owner have to decide to deconstruct dock or present to other Players).
4.6. Time to pick up constructive elements (specifically for ships) have to be changed by a system that Players can pick up any elements in any time during the constructing time.
4.7. Things like a bed, box, chest, Smithy, bag, barrels, tables, chairs, etc. have to be movable to the inventory of Player any time to place on the new place.

Not under the list: would be great if add the book of recipes where Players can add some unique one and what can safe knowledge permanently for the player and be moved as an inheritance by the quest for the player when his character will die of old age. And a new character of the Player has to find this book (NPC quest giver in free town) to receive this knowledge and continue to collect. Recipes in the book could be modified by removing regular grade to the better and better what the Player found and add to it. 

# With present gameplay Players staying on the ground most the time and grinding resources instead of enjoying to sail. I think the game about sailing and NOT mining, digging, grinding resources (ok with gold)! 

But first, do something with NPC's undead ships to do not loos the ship of Players just because they stay on the other invisible side of a new location during the transfer time (see Paragraph 1).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Seems to me you forgot the most glaring one of all...

People shouldn't be able to sink other people's ships in PvE

Above all else that seems like it should be a high priority, fixed in the next mini-update, critical emergency patch deal. But, it's been over a week since people discovered this bug and it's just getting more and more widely exploited.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I actually think they should make crocs about 50% stronger but about 5'000% less common.

That way killing one is a bit of a challenge, rather then your 15 minute coming back to boat to clear the crocs of the fucking bottom ritual.

• Like 2

As someone above mentioned.  Alphas.

It's a pirate game.  Nothing has blocked progress for me as much as alphas spawning in or near our base of operations.

2 alpha wolves, an alpha rattlesnake and an alpha giant snake was the last welcome wagon in our courtyard among a bunch of crocks.  Log off and call it a night moment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ivn said:

1. NPC
1.1. NPC's undead ships (onward NPC-u) spawning just next to the border of the locations. That has to be changed in urgent. One way is to make the specific zone around the whole area where NPC-u could not spawn and trying to leave (except the battle situation). The second way is to make an indicator (like red colour zone on the wall if the area behind in other location near the border contain NPC-u near). I'm sailing in a small ship and smart enough to avoid a fight with NPC-u, but in present time Players do not see dangers on the opposite side of a wall of the edge the location.
# Lost 3 just crafted ships in Lawless region just in that time when changed location. Last time had 3 NPC-u spawned next to me and opened fire on my weak vessel. Became scared to change location and thinking to finish the game due to the fact that gameplay prevents me to play freely by sailing around the game's world. 

2. Animals
2.1. Crocodiles - first insane shit in the game - too big, too fast, too aggressive.
Needs: make it smaller than a shark or equal, keep it move fast but on short distance or totally slower than now.
2.2. All behaviour of predators have to be change - animals have to tie to the environment what they control. What living on the land have not to attack players in the water (specifically when a player on the ship next to the land. When the player on the ship or in the property, predators attack property not more than a specific time (5 - 10) then change target or drop aggression (for none-predators) <now I'm a very often wake up in death inside my property due to the fact that predators attacking constantly>. Wild Predators could attack predators as well. Wild Predators attacking when the player or none-predator animal comes too close and when predator starving, in other time just wandering as none-predator animals.
# At this moment with the present system very hard to settle down in warm climate regions.

3. Ship
3.1. Ship's constructive must be stronger than now and more customizable. Ships must be difficult to destroy and take due to the fact that ships have to be as a home, base, weapon for Players.
3.2. Need to add more types of small ships (min 2) and one medium size to provide players who love to travel alone more interest. Need to add more constructive elements (like half of half stairs, thinner elements of the wall, door, window (please add a square variant of the window), etc., add more points to connect additional elements to modify vessel, specifically for small ship (like sloop with very very narrow way to move on it around.
3.3. Ships could be possible to sell to NPC in towns to sell to the players or sell directly to other players with the name of crafter (as other craftable things).
3.4. Experience of the ship has to be more valuable - provide more options to modify (like speed, invisible for npc's, etc.) to make the player associate with it and feels like a part of it. To be interested to continue sails on it even if it is small ship and be no as trivial consumable.
3.5. Ships could not be destroyed when anchored next to an island during the month (see Paragraph 3.1 and 4.3) to provide Players to have a break time for Vacations or do something in real life.

4. Construction
4.1. Construction elements have to be limited - no other possibility to add a base element of building on the ground whatnot connected to the first. Add road element (limited in 50 pcs) to increase controlling space and increase movement speed between settlements of Players.
4.2. Increase the off time from 4 days to 6 to provide Players who working 5 days peacefully return to their settlement.
4.5. Shipyard (dock) abandoned (empty) by owner must be available to craft the ship for other players and became the owner of it (owner have to decide to deconstruct dock or present to other Players).
4.6. Time to pick up constructive elements (specifically for ships) have to be changed by a system that Players can pick up any elements in any time during the constructing time.
4.7. Things like a bed, box, chest, Smithy, bag, barrels, tables, chairs, etc. have to be movable to the inventory of Player any time to place on the new place.

Not under the list: would be great if add the book of recipes where Players can add some unique one and what can safe knowledge permanently for the player and be moved as an inheritance by the quest for the player when his character will die of old age. And a new character of the Player has to find this book (NPC quest giver in free town) to receive this knowledge and continue to collect. Recipes in the book could be modified by removing regular grade to the better and better what the Player found and add to it. 

# With present gameplay Players staying on the ground most the time and grinding resources instead of enjoying to sail. I think the game about sailing and NOT mining, digging, grinding resources (ok with gold)! 

But first, do something with NPC's undead ships to do not loos the ship of Players just because they stay on the other invisible side of a new location during the transfer time (see Paragraph 1).

I agree with u. But one thing I will add ships must be protected when players don't play just on pve. I lost 3 ships but I don't know how. I repaired my ships before I logged off and when I logged back to the game(about 12hrs later) see my ship  sunk. 

Edited by 3sixtyy

the other hand of this game is when I press Go back to the main screen (main/start menu) I have a message of out of video memory then blue screen of death of the operating system. The game works after relaunch my laptop but seemes that game destroying my hardware and software constantly everytime when I would like to play in Atlas. Devs, do something to prevent me to have thoughts like this. Expecting a solution of that soon.

Thanks in advance.

PS already played with settings and cash-files. Nothing can stop this mistake from the game Atlas.

DxDiag.txt

how about wolves dont need super speed, crazy bite speed, AND a ridiculous knock-back and spawn on the sides of cliffs where your climbing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2019 at 12:31 PM, Speedblade said:

Dear Devs, please add one option in nearest patch to give the players the chance to correct small mistake when put the name on the ship. This small thing from your side will help a lot to the players and put a coin into you piggy bank of positivity.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 1:46 AM, Ivn said:

1. NPC

2. Animals

3. Ship

4. Construction

Oh man. You think all those things are going to get patched in the next year, let alone the nearest patch. You might as well as for ark to be 100% optimized. 😂

not making funn of you or anything because all of those changes would be great but with all of that you are literally looking into a year and a half down the road

OP, 

You need to play on a private server where you can set the rules the way you want.

Good luck to you though.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:35 PM, Vorxius said:

As someone above mentioned.  Alphas.

It's a pirate game.  Nothing has blocked progress for me as much as alphas spawning in or near our base of operations.

2 alpha wolves, an alpha rattlesnake and an alpha giant snake was the last welcome wagon in our courtyard among a bunch of crocks.  Log off and call it a night moment.

I agree. The whole 'Alpha animal theme' seems out of place in this game. We did kinda solve it by placing ballistas. But shooting a 200 lvl Alpha wolf with 3x ballista shots seems way out of place. 

Still, have issues with launching the game.

1. launch - see mistake "...out of video memory..." - desktop
2. launch again - see the message "... the player already in the game..." - desktop

3. launch again - in the game for 1-2 hours - then "out of video memory..." - blue screen of OS win10 death
playing in mid settings in low memory mode

Already contacted with Microsoft they sent to graphics card devs, then contacted to nVidia helpdesk. We have checked drivers and card. After that long way, they said it is a particular problem with launched program means Atlas the game.

Devs, please participate in this issue a little bit deeper.

tried to reach the temple about 28 times. I cannot leave the beach due to the enormous quantity of predators focused on players. The interest of this game drops due to the fact of realizing impossible to continue after 90 yo. I will wait when the mind of Devs become active again and they will start thinking about players a little bit better by reducing the pain of act of play and makes the game a little bit more enjoyable than now. but with this system of the fountain of youth now no sense to continue.

Devs, you must think about the realization of that idea better. Why it is only 2 fountains of youth? Why it is on islands with full of abnormal quantity and behaviour predators? Why it has to be permanent death of players and not just debuff at 90 yo, 180 yo, etc.
If you implemented that idea of ages and permanent death of players to grab everything from players, you must give something back for them. Respect of players who spent money and time to make your game alive very good way from Devs team isn't it?

Renewing the ages (in that case) have to be a regular thing what players can do with a little bit more hardness than normal quest due to the fact that it firstly it gives players continue to play in your game and not be upset of loosing all in one time.

Waiting for your respond, dear Devs team.

Edited by Ivn

Firstly, however, do away with the bloody stupid ageing system.  Ageing 20 years per RL week is crazy, and so is the Fountain of Youth concept.

• Like 1

Well, still have the mistake of out to video memory when launching the game. and in addition, when trying to launch again have the message "dx feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine" and drops to the blue dead screen of OS. started to have it after update v16. the game seemed more stable before. it has given me to launch from the second time after waiting for some mins due to the message that the player already in the game. Cannot play at all now. Devs, maybe it is a time to fix this bug?

ps. still launching in low memory mode with mid quality

Edited by Ivn

updated video driver (from 416 to 417) according the direct instruction from techhelp of nVidia. When launch in any mode the game I see the blue dead screen with "driver power state failure".

any suggestion, Devs?

bytheway, other games runnig well

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Ivn

Devs, made the test for you. The game working with 316 driver from may 2018 but with abnormal graphical lags. Lanuchig and exit without mistakes. Fix the game to let me continue in this weekend.

guess ur notebook uses the onboard graphic card for atlas, check if u can select by right clicking ( works on Asus) the atlas symbol to choose the right graphic card.

yes i am using notebook form dell 

3 minutes ago, Lailyn said:

guess ur notebook uses the onboard graphic card for atlas, check if u can select by right clicking ( works on Asus) the atlas symbol to choose the right graphic card.

can you tell more details where/how to check it?

Devs, after the last patch (v16) the very bottom sector of emergency ladder broken. Climbing any direction instead of up. You must fix it quickly!

ah, that one. already done several weeks ago. Thank you. The problem between a new driver of nVidia (v416 - v417) and coding of the game from Devs. I am sure in that. Using the old driver with low memory mode + low resolution + low graphics settings + minimal resolution of textures. And even all these the game still has some lagging and artefacts on graphics, but no blue screens of the death of OS and sudden drops to the desktop. Praying for that Devs do not damage code in next patches (as they did with v416 when it stopped working) and hoping that the correct code of the game to use the last graphics drivers correctly.

the game (v18.31) has broken again. Cannot launch, the mistake of low video memory returned. was possible to use video driver nVidia v.416 in the previous version of the game. came back to use original old driver. to add this driver (v23.21.13.9125) here impossible (~600Mb), just link below and expecting respond of devs team soon

https://www.dell.com/support/home/ru/ru/rubsdc/product-support/servicetag/56prr32/drivers?isdetected=y

Well after all these days the game workable more or less with my old driver of nVidia. Thanks for that. Let's see how it will be after 20th March when massive update be installed as devs informed.

Other things what I see could improve the game more:

Firstly, sails. Think that the sails must be reworked to remove the big sail to install on the mid (mid to small) ships what most of the players doing with the design and most ships looks ugly and same. So, the system must stimulate to install more variants than one with a big sail. Meen that ships have to receive more advantages with 3 sail than with one or two. In the same time of removing the installation, a big sail on the midship needs to add 2 skills.

Secondly, skills. Needs to implement one skill to the Captaincy branch which adds additional sails (visual effect placed on both sides of speed sails when player use this skill) what can be used when speed sails fully opened and removes automatically when player lower sails (have cooldown maybe 1 or 2 min to use again). The effect does not remove when player turning sails. One skill for Piracy branch same effect and mechanic but working with handling (triangle) sails and add visualisation like triangle sails between masts. To learn one skill automatically removes the possibility to learn another. 

all this can give for the game more correctly view of ships without the ugly design of ships, more possibilities and variants for players to design the own ships, more skills to make gameplay less predictable, more interest in general.

What will you say?

age-of-sail-daniel-eskridge.jpg