Sign in to follow this  
Dumb1Bunny

New land lord system?

Any info on how this works? Does the player pay gold per building item? Do we get a portion of the resources built? Something like a ship resource box?

Taxe rates, are they per claim? Say I lease a waterfront I'd assume I'd pay more than if I leased a inland claim.

Any ideas and info would be helpful.

you build in territories claimed by others that are taxed with 0-30% of everything u gather in those claims.

Taxation on the Taxation Bank is set from 0% to 30%. Whenever a player gathers resources inside a claim with a taxation bank, the configured percent of those resources is deposited in the taxation bank. This does not apply to players within the company that owns the taxation bank.
Wiki had much better information than I was about to give you lol

Why would anyone let you build on their land if its just the resource tax. That would destroy resource spawns.....

I understand how the tax bank currently works but why would someone let me destroy their taxable resource spawns for free. Nothing says I even need to farm resources from their land. Is this just a thing people can do to be nice?

I was under the impression that the player is taxed for the buildings on the land... Like rent. 

14 minutes ago, Dumb1Bunny said:

Why would anyone let you build on their land if its just the resource tax. That would destroy resource spawns.....

I understand how the tax bank currently works but why would someone let me destroy their taxable resource spawns for free. Nothing says I even need to farm resources from their land. Is this just a thing people can do to be nice?

I was under the impression that the player is taxed for the buildings on the land... Like rent. 

Maybe in later iteration of the system we will be able to designate areas where buildings are allowed. It's just the initial version of the system, let's see how it works first and give feedback on how it can be improved.

Maybe even gold tax will come later. It would make sense if they implement flag upkeep. You get gold from renters and use it to pay claim upkeep.

Edited by moriak

32 minutes ago, Dumb1Bunny said:

u don’t , u let the flags near the beaches be built on leaving the flags protecting resources as non build zones 

each flag claim zone can be set as neutral to build on or not 

Edited by uli

1 hour ago, uli said:

u don’t , u let the flags near the beaches be built on leaving the flags protecting resources as non build zones 

each flag claim zone can be set as neutral to build on or not 

ok and what happen to all the buildings if suddently the flag owner don't want any one to build in their land anymore and change the setting of the flag?

• Like 1

I think taxation should be removed from PvE. It's useless if big early companies just claimed everything and you have no way of forcing them off.

4 hours ago, Xilonas said:

ok and what happen to all the buildings if suddently the flag owner don't want any one to build in their land anymore and change the setting of the flag?

I assume it'll have the same contesting mechanic as stealing a claim.  So, if there's a sleeper or recent upkeep, the owner won't be able to switch it back to private.